3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Turbo Fire and/or Insanity? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/262438-turbo-fire-insanity.html)

princessbgirl 07-07-2012 07:46 AM

Turbo Fire and/or Insanity?

If there is another thread that addresses my issue, please direct me!

I have about 15 pounds to goal. I can get through, with some huffing and puffing, Ripped in 30, Level 4. I really like it. And, I like my dance/kickbox videos, such as Jazzercise and Cathe, even though I am EXTREMELY uncoordinated.:dizzy: I am trying to decide if TurboFire or Insanity is my next best step (or perhaps an entirely different series?).

Can you share your experience w me pls? The Beachbody website wasn't v helpful in determining the level of difficulty of each. I am trying to determine the level of complexity and difficulty of each. I would value your insight and recommendations.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

princess76 07-07-2012 11:22 PM

I like Jillian Michaels' workouts, too. I got TurboFire last week & am loving it. I'm also doing Chalean Extreme. She has modifiers inher workouts so they're accessible to everyone. You don't have to do high impact if you don't want. I think Insanity is harder looking and I don't know if there's a modifier. TurboFire has awesome music & you feel like you're at a fun dance party. That's what I would choose.

TurboLaura 07-08-2012 11:18 AM

Turbo Fire is awesome! Great music and results but it is hard work, as I'm sure Insanity is. My husband has insanity and from what I can see there's no dance/kick boxing type stuff like there is in Turbo Fire. Insanity and Turbo Fire are both considered advanced cardio programs but Turbo fire and Chalene are SO much fun!

I typically burn 450 calories in a 45 minute workout and I'm working to capacity!

princessbgirl 07-08-2012 11:23 AM

Is the choreography tough?

Thank you princess76 and TurboLaura - your endorsement means a great deal. I have heard that the choreography is tough and the cuing is minimal - has it been tough for you to catch on? Have a great day!

TurboLaura 07-08-2012 04:05 PM

Hello again!! I did almost 5 months of turbo jam first so I really know what all the cues mean. I actually think that she cues very well and I can actually just listen to the workouts and watch my own form in the mirror!! It takes a while, but you get used to hearing, twist, tuck, jack, crosses up...you get to know what it means quickly :) Good Luck! You'll get great results with either program!!

princessbgirl 07-09-2012 06:43 AM

Thank you!

this is v helpful - thank you so much

TurboLaura 07-09-2012 06:20 PM

You're very welcome!!

Muffins 08-06-2012 05:19 AM

Personally I think both of these products are really good. The important thing is making the commitment to see it through to the end, if you do the benefits will automatically follow. Good luck.

naffy 08-08-2012 11:27 PM

I did two days of TF before I had initially started Insanity. TF seemed fun because of the music and Chalene's energy, and its a HIIT workout as well which is amazing. However, once I started Insanity I felt I liked it better. Shaun T really pushes you to dig deep and push to your max. potential. With my first month of Insanity, I lost about 8-10 lbs and noticeable inches. Plus, I was building muscle in my biceps etc! So all in all, I'd say Insanity, but then again, they would both be amazing for you as long as you stick to it! :)