3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Ballet Workouts - Gimme some lean legs!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/255767-ballet-workouts-gimme-some-lean-legs.html)

melodymist 03-28-2012 04:10 AM

Ballet Workouts - Gimme some lean legs!!

Considering that I can’t go for surgery to make my legs longer, I thought ballet would just have to do. Hahaha. :crazy: Kidding about the “longer legs” :dizzy: part. I know, nothing would do that.

Since July 2011, I have lost over 50+ pounds. My weightloss has however been stalled for the past 3 months. The number on the scale doesn’t reallybother me, I just want to look better. Feeling a bit flabby now. :dz:

I bought the New York City Ballet Workout Vol 1+2 DVDs. And I can say I’m stiff today! They focus on posture and do lots of core and floor work aswell.

I’ll keep everyone updated :) :crossed:

Anyone else doing ballet workouts? :goodluck:

VermontMom 03-28-2012 06:02 AM

WOW congrats on your fantastic loss!! :cheer2: Please do keep us updated on how that workout is for you. I WANT lean-y legs also :D I also am always interested in anyone who is my height, and is in the coveted 130's range! Motivation for me! best wishes!

melodymist 03-28-2012 12:21 PM

Thank you VermontMom! I will surely keep you updated. Yah for motivation, if you need any, give me a shout :) and I'll also scream when I need it hehe :)

Have a good day!

ringmaster 03-28-2012 06:56 PM

I like the Squeeze workouts with Tracy Effinger and Physique 57. Also the Booty Barre with Tracey Mallett is good, but it's very hard so just a warning if you try this one.

melodymist 03-29-2012 01:11 AM

Hey Ring master, thanks for the tip! What is Booty Barre?

ringmaster 03-30-2012 02:33 AM

booty barre is just the name of the workout DVDs. I group barre and ballet workouts together, but looking at the NYC ballet workouts I think ballet style is a little more slower than barre even though some of the moves are similar.

melodymist 03-30-2012 09:45 AM

That sounds cool! Will have a look :)

Teacher2B 04-07-2012 05:15 PM

Ohhh, I so want that video! I used to do ballet when I was a tween, and boy, were my legs awesome! :D I was very flexible, too. Sadly, all the flexibility and good posture has gone away :(

I am considering buying that DVD for when I move out of my house in September!

Jenn0507 04-07-2012 08:11 PM

Thanks for the info! I am looking for a workout that will be easy on my knees but still give me killed legs! I'm putting the NYC ballet workouts on my to buy list.
This sounds like it'll be a nice change for when the sweltering summer days kick in.

melodymist 04-09-2012 04:02 AM

The ballet workouts are a bit slow and I did find it just a little bit boring but it sure works!

LilacGirl 04-29-2012 09:50 PM

I have done that video in the past, but now I just go to ballet classes at a local dance studio.

I have gotten compliments on my legs even though I still need to lose some weight.

I have some friends that have done the bar method and find it very challenging (in a good way).

Purplefirefly 04-30-2012 09:06 AM

Ellen Barrett videos are great if you like ballet moves but don't want to be bored. She mixes ballet with yoga and I LOVE doing all of her workouts. You can do them barefoot...one is even called barefoot cardio. Just expect to be surprised because they are tougher than they look from the cover. They are very gentle and easygoing, but I always feel it the next day.

Daimere 05-12-2012 09:31 PM

I'm going to start doing 3 barre workouts a week between my hoopdance this week.

Sum38 05-12-2012 09:48 PM

I am (a fat) ex ballerina. I danced, professionally, for 5 years. I was also a dance/ballet teacher for years and years. Yes, I had amazing legs (and arms and torso :D). I have this craft, talent inside of me, and I feel I should unleash it and get fit and trim again... ballet is one of the most demanding athletic forms. If a plié is administered correctly, one will break a sweat after 2 of them. Honestly! I would, today atleast. :dancer: I have been asked to start teaching.-- I love the little ones, but I have been thinking, seriously, about teaching adults and concentrating on fitness and ballet as a weight loss tool.

So keep it up and it will pay off with long, lean but strong muscles!