3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   TurboFire made me cry. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/240681-turbofire-made-me-cry.html)

mindymoo12 08-12-2011 01:25 AM

TurboFire made me cry.

I was about 10 minutes into the very first class and just started to cry. It was so strange! I asked myself why I was crying and still don't have an answer. I cried a second time as the video went on but pushed through it to finish the workout.

I have never been brought to tears by any form of exercise before. Sure, I've cried when I did really well or failed miserably at something physical, but I've never experienced this before.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I just a crazy person? :smug:

*I loved every minute of the class, though! Can't wait to do tomorrow's workout.

EmilyLarnder 08-12-2011 06:26 PM

The first time I tried Turbo Fire, I noticed that it was hard but fun, but I didn't cry!
Maybe you're happy because you've found exercise that is fun? (:

ringmaster 08-12-2011 09:55 PM

Maybe what the above poster said; and I also find Chalene has a way of being very motivating and having you believe you can do the workout and to try and be positive even after the workout.

mindymoo12 08-12-2011 10:09 PM

I wanted to cry again today. I'm not usually this emotional, I promise!

I have thoroughly enjoyed both classes thus far. I think that I have finally found the thing that will help me succeed. I've tried P90X and Insanity, but after a few weeks I fall off the wagon for whatever reason. Perhaps this one is different?

I will do my best to take it a day at a time and see where it takes me. Thanks for your responses. :)

Diana3271 08-13-2011 07:53 AM

I've never cried while doing TF. I have been doing the workouts/rotation for over a year now. I still enjoy the workouts.

InsideMe 08-13-2011 06:01 PM

Ok I've cried after my Turbo Jam workouts (I haven't done TF yet but plan to in the future) and I realized it was because I FEEL SO GOOD! SO GOOD! I can't explain it. I have never felt so amazing! It touches me that I found exercise that makes me feel this way :) Maybe that's what's happening for you too?

mindymoo12 08-14-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsideMe (Post 3988826)
Ok I've cried after my Turbo Jam workouts (I haven't done TF yet but plan to in the future) and I realized it was because I FEEL SO GOOD! SO GOOD! I can't explain it. I have never felt so amazing! It touches me that I found exercise that makes me feel this way :) Maybe that's what's happening for you too?

I think you're on to something! I like the emotion, as strange as that may be.

InsideMe 08-15-2011 11:38 AM

Yeah it's such a "high" feeling but a real high you know something you can't get from overeating, drinking or smoking pot... (My horrible past I know! LOL) It's a feeling I thought was so unattainable but after doing those workouts its a feeling of exhileration, calmness, accomplishment, peace....so many emotions wrapped into 1...so it makes me cry. Everything up until this point in my life has been a false sense of feeling good. Overeating lasted only while I was stuffing junk food in my face, then the guilt set in you know? Now, the feeling from working out lasts for so much longer and pushes me to keep going! :)

1CntryMama 08-22-2011 08:29 PM

Aaaaaah, dying to try TurboFire! I'm just starting P90X though, so it'll be awhile before I get to it...it's next on my program list though, still love the old Turbo Jam! And if it helps, occasionally during a Turbo Jam session I would spontaneously get the giggles...it does feel that good, hahaha!

kristenthomas 08-25-2011 09:28 PM

Hi Mindy,

I can totally relate! I didn't cry, but I had that feeling of confidence which I've struggled with in the past. Since childhood I have held myself back thinking "I am uncoordinated" "I'm not athletic". When I got those routines down and started throwing some punches and kicks I finally started to feel like an athlete.

No turning back now!!

~Kristen

mindymoo12 08-25-2011 09:41 PM

Kristen - I haven't cried since those first couple of classes, but I still love it! Glad you do too!

Diana3271 08-26-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristenthomas (Post 4007220)
Hi Mindy,

I can totally relate! I didn't cry, but I had that feeling of confidence which I've struggled with in the past. Since childhood I have held myself back thinking "I am uncoordinated" "I'm not athletic". When I got those routines down and started throwing some punches and kicks I finally started to feel like an athlete.

No turning back now!!

~Kristen

Kristen Congrats on that awesome feeling! :bravo:

cuppycake 09-10-2011 10:30 AM

Im so glad Im not the only one who cried when they were starting work out dvds. Thank you, I dont feel so alone now. But the same thing happens to me.

Diana3271 09-10-2011 11:01 AM

cuppycake Congrats on your weight loss, so far! Keep up the great work and keep using those exercise videos! They work! :carrot: