Old 08-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/155/150

Height: 5'5''

Default More lighthearted fitness videos?

Hi!
I'm looking for some fitness videos that are a little less intense than insanity. I run most days and walk to work (if I get to leave for lunch I'll end up walking 4 miles and if bringing lunch 2 miles) so I want a fitness video that will either enhance what I am already doing or give me something to do when I am bored (instead of eating, haha!) but that isn't going to make me cry in frustration like insanity does (waahwaaahwaah). Does anybody have anything they have particularly enjoyed? Thanks!
k8325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #2  
Getting motivated

S/C/G: 260/222/160

Height: 5'6"

I enjoy the Zumba DVDs, I have absolutely no rhythm but it gets me sweating. They have regular cardio, toning, a short workout if you're pressed for time, etc. I do them when I can't make it to the gym.
meowforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #3  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I highly recommend Turbo Jam. It's Beach Body as well so it's pretty slick and well set up. It's kind of like a dancey, kickboxing-y, sort of workout with catchy old-school pop music but it is super fun and you don't have to be coordinated or memorize any dance moves or anything. Chalene is awesome and lighthearted and silly and encouraging not at all annoying or mean or like the dreaded PE teacher, she's really likeable and nice and funny. Certainly qualifies for light-hearted.

I'm not a huge fan of Insanity either. My own wahhhhh moments come from the boredom of doing the exact same thing 3 times over... I just dread it! Turbo Jam isn't like that at all. If that feels too easy, Turbo Fire is supposed to be like a super hyper version of TJ.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote