Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #31  
Skinny chick

Day 2 of Level 3 was much better than Day 1 of Level 3. Still very hard, but I'm sure I can stick with it and not have to move back for now.

I really like the results I'm getting with this 30DS video and would like to stick with it. Jillian doesn't get on my nerves like she did in Level 1, either! So what would that mean? That I just stay on Level 3 now until I tire of the video and want to try something new? Surely I don't start over again on Level 1, right?
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

HI all!!
I have this dvd as well and would love to try it for 30 days but I have a couple questions.. first, do you think a person could lose a couple dress sizes by this dvd alone in30 days? also is it safe to do everyday for 30 days? I thought we were always taught to let our muscles rest between workouts??
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #33  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Day 17, level 2 is cake now... I'm so scared of level 3...

NCchickie
I think it's up to you. You can start level 1 again if you like, it still works different muscles. You can up the hand weights or do level 1-3 for an entire work out.
OR you can stick with level 3. I don't really know what I plan to do when I finish the 30 days....

spryng I think with the right nutrition included with the work out, you could definitely lose some inches. I bike and do other excercise, but the majority of my working out at the start of my weight loss "journey" was just watching what I ate and doing the SHRED. I've lost 5 inches on my waist so far. o.O
The work outs can be low impact if you follow the "easy" girl and they aren't as long as some other work outs, I don't really take breaks and I manage to do fine on muscles and injuries. I think you can stick to this every day, but if you feel really sore or feel you need a break for a day, no harm done in having a rest day at all.
Welcome to the group!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

ferumbas: How does level 3 compare to level 2. I am complete day 7, but think I will do at least 12 days on level two?

Kurisitaru: Nice improvement on level two! I still dont have the planks-but
can see some imporvement. Cant wait to hear how you do on Level 3!

My wrist hurts SOOO bad from planks. Gah. I hope it feels better in the morning!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys! It seems everyone is doing very well and making progress!! Keep it up!

I did day6 of level 1. I must say that I definitely felt a difference. I was able to go deeper into the strength moves and work harder in the cardio. I also felt a huge difference with crunches. I'm not straining as much.
I felt like I'm ready for level 2 but I think I'll do day 7-10 in level 1 just to make sure I'm good and ready for the next step up!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #36  
Getting my life back

iamamerican: Planks KILL me too. I really have to fight threw the last ab exercise. ><

tdprincess: I felt like I could have moved on as well, but I figured I'd push it out so I wouldn't be on level 3 forever ><

ANYWAY I didn't work out the other day, I needed a break from murdering myself with fitocracy challenges.

Today I did day 18, two more days and I'll be on to level 3. ><
Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #37  

Thanks for the good point kurisitaru!

So silly question, I know it's a long time away but, what do we do when we finish level 3?? LOL
Old 07-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #38  
Skinny chick

Today was my fourth day on Level 3.
Just like the other levels, it gets better the more times you do it.
Just call me "rock star" or "superman" now that I'm getting those moves down!!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #39  
Getting my life back

I got home rather late the other day so I skipped the SHRED but I did get biking in. ^^
Today, back on schedule, day 19 DONE! Tomorrow is the last day of level 2...

tdiprincess: You can take a break from the SHRED and move on to other work outs, you can start from level 1 again (it does work different muscles in different ways), you could do all three levels in one go, you could do a different level every day... you could just stick to level 3. I think it's totally up to you. I plan on just going back to level 1, then the next day do level 2, then the next day do level 3. It's such a short work out that there is no reason to not do it almost every day.

NCchickie: How about a Rockin' Star that makes Superman look like a kitty? o.O Too much?
Anyway, congrats on ALMOST BEING DONE!
Level 2 is a synch now and I remember how hard it was to start. I'm sure level 3 will be a push for the first few days and then feel like nothing!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #40  
Getting my life back

Day 20

Tomorrow... next level. =0
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #41  
Skinny chick

Good luck, kurisitaru!
Just remember the first day of a level is the hardest.
You'll be a rock star in no time.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

It is 110 heat index all week in MN. I tried to do level 2 yesterday. Didnt even finish circuit 1. This might be a gym week.
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post
It is 110 heat index all week in MN. I tried to do level 2 yesterday. Didnt even finish circuit 1. This might be a gym week.
ICK!! Good job taking it easy though! Today was 90's near me and quite humid. I'll be doing the shred shortly, it has been a few days for me. But the heat is killer!! Keep cool guys!!

Just to add: I just did level1 day 7! 3 more days and I can move up. Even though it has been a few days, it was a great workout and I'm definitely able to push my body further than the beginning! Can't wait to get to level 2. I think it will be my goal to get be able to start level 2 next week! This weekend I won't be able to exercise much Thurs til Sunday. I have a convention to go to. There will be a few miles of walking each day, but no major exercise time.

So tomorrow, wed and possibly thurs am I'll try to get level 1 finished up! Keep it movin' chickies!!

Last edited by tdiprincess; 07-18-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #44  
Loving Insanity

S/C/G: 185/176/130

Height: 5'4"

I finally got around to going to Yoga tonight and MAN do I feel great! The room was heated and we did 60 minutes of pretty intense Vinyasa flow yoga. I was pouring sweat by the end and my clothes were completely soaked, and I normally don't break a sweat in normal yoga at 24 hr fitness (local gym).

My plan is to do this Yoga class 1x or 2x per week (but always on Mondays) and the Shred at least 3x per week.

I also started logging all of my meals/water/exercise into CalorieCount.com and I'm addicted! I even got the app on my phone so it's really easy to stick to. Before I would write meal calories down on whatever I could find (usually napkins or receipts) and then forgot to transfer it to a log. This is MUCH easier and more fun.

Also, I want to say I'm super impressed by you guys for sticking with the shred!!!
Annie415sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #45  
Skinny chick

Yoo hoo, kurisitaru..........did you survive Level 3????