3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Turbo Fire!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/232612-turbo-fire.html)

Carissa 05-05-2011 11:55 PM

Turbo Fire!!!

hey guys, I did Chalean Extreme for the past 2 months and lost 10 pounds, so i figured i needed a bit more cardio to get the weight loss i wanted. So i saw a commercial about Turbo Fire, and i downloaded a torrent lol.. & (quit chalean extreme)
I got all the videos except the breakdowns.
I just did my first day of the workout, and omg........... all i can say is, thats INTENSE! but i did it!
my concern is, it was soo fast and upbeat, i wasnt doing all the moves perfect, and i wanted to know what everyones opinions were?
Should i take my time and figure out the movements to perfect them, or keep it movin? i kept moving bc i figured its cardio, i gotta go crazy and keep my heart rate up!
i just wanted to know if anyone feels the same and has any tips for me?
im looking to lose another 10 pounds, so hopefully this program will help, and judging by the workout i did today, hopefully i see good results in the first month!

Jinksie 05-06-2011 10:54 AM

im only in my second month - and for me it's been tough.
chalean says in all her "cardio" vids that it doesnt matter if you dont get the moves right, as long as you move! i think that's the best advice you could get.
I personally cant do back kicks (lack of space, and i just dont like the way it feels) so i do a knee up instead.
And they do have the girl on the right, that you can follow.
(i also got mine from a torrent, and didnt get breakdowns - but i got the hybrid booklet - fair trade off i say)

Carissa 05-10-2011 12:29 AM

omg yeah! i cant do the kicks for crappp!! none of them, i can only kick to my right. i just cant keep on pace, like along with the beat then throw a kick in there! the kicks in my opinion are the only frustrating thing.
and i also got mine from a torent, but i just found a torrent that had the breakdowns, and im currently downloading that.
if you dont mind me asking, how much weight have you lost in those 2 months?

JMfan 05-10-2011 12:47 AM

TurboFire is awesome!!!! I am highly uncoordinated but it's a bit less dancey than Turbo Jam so I get less frustrated. I find it tons of fun. I burned over 600 cals the first time I did the fire 55 class

Jinksie 05-10-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carissa (Post 3843007)
if you dont mind me asking, how much weight have you lost in those 2 months?

the weight in my tracker, is the weight i've lost. I started it a week after i joined weight watchers.
im going in today to Weigh in, so the number should change

Carissa 05-10-2011 12:32 PM

congrats (=
and yeah, i actually do find myself a bit frustrated bc i cant figure out the moves, but i just found a torrent with the breakdowns, and it should help some. i still cant rly do the kicks tho... ha
and i do notice i lose alot of energy almost halfway or 3/4 the way through the workout, i wish some of them were a bit shorter. but i guess thats where i need to push myself.
i did chalean extreme, and just hopped into turbo fire and im using the normal workout calendar, not the hybrid or the prep. so its interesting.
im not really focusing too much on the moves, if i get confused i just keep moving and thats about it, as long as my heart rate is up.

Jinksie 05-10-2011 02:09 PM

i get tired half way 3/4 way through too. I've found if i get a good night sleep the night before (im talking 9-10 hours) then i can last longer. (i work out in the morning, its the only time i KNOW i'll do it, when my daughter naps).
Im just on regular right now. IM in the 2nd moths recovery week right now. I love the stretching, i think that might be a tool to the tiredness. If you have time after your workouts, do the 10 minute stretches, i HIGHLY recommend it.
i'll go to hybrid after (i have the 20 TF), then my plan is to go to insanity. But we'll see O_O

Carissa 05-10-2011 03:17 PM

yeah, its hard to get that amount of sleep, even if i try. but i push myself, but i haattee doing the FIRE 45, & 55 bc it feels like it takes sooo long. but yet i just started and what frustrates me the most is i dont know all the moves so sometimes i feel like im not getting the best workout. and it feels soo different going from chalean extreme to turbo fire bc you dont stop and you dont feel as sore bc your not concentrating on all those muscles.

i just hope i stick to this bc im just trying to lose 10 or 15 pounds, but my diet isnt the greatest, its not horrible, but im hoping the cardio will help work it off

Jinksie 05-10-2011 05:10 PM

weightloss is generally 80% food. 20% exercise

Carissa 05-10-2011 05:26 PM

oh crap. i need to watch it then.
im more about portions bc its too expensive to go out and buy specific foods ya know?
i also have another question.
the turbo fire has sculpting videos, the resistance band they use is the red one. i did chalean extreme and im wondering which band i should use? bc the red band in chalean extreme was the medium resistance, idk if theres a difference in these bands.