3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   I hate videos :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/219516-i-hate-videos.html)

shelle58704 12-12-2010 12:28 PM

I hate videos :(

I'm so uncoordinated. I stubble, I fall over, I can't keep up. I feel like a failure not even 5min into them.

I usually go to the gym and work on an elliptical, but it's so cold today I don't want to take my kids out. I'm just so frustrated and sad.

seagirl 12-12-2010 12:32 PM

I usually just put on the Video for company and then do my own thing, since I can't ever do the right steps.

Same with my yoga CDs, I put them on but then usually end up doing my own thing.

TheBunneh 12-12-2010 12:40 PM

Don't give up! I've felt this same way the first few times with pretty much every video I've tried. (Once I literally just fell down on the floor and screeched in frustration during a particularly dancy video.) And often the ones that seemed the hardest become my favorites.

You can't expect yourself to get it all the very first try. You have to let yourself get used to it, and after a while your body will remember the steps.

Of course, you don't -have- to do videos if you don't want to. And sometimes certain videos just don't click for certain people. But don't let yourself give up on it because you don't think you can do it. Remember, even messing up burns calories - just keep moving!

Diana3271 12-12-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelle58704 (Post 3605043)
I'm so uncoordinated. I stubble, I fall over, I can't keep up. I feel like a failure not even 5min into them.

I usually go to the gym and work on an elliptical, but it's so cold today I don't want to take my kids out. I'm just so frustrated and sad.

What type of workouts are you doing? There are a lot of videos with simple choreography available.

AnnieDrews 12-12-2010 04:35 PM

Don't give up! If you can't do every move just keep MOVING! That is the most important thing.

ringmaster 12-12-2010 04:51 PM

that's why I like more basic, athletic style videos. I never get dance and step workouts down, I just try to follow along the best I can. In a way, it's a good thing I'm not embarrassing myself in a gym class, lol. Burning calories and sweating is all that really matters anyway ;)

kat999 12-12-2010 05:12 PM

I'm the most uncoordinated person ever, and yet I get about 80-90% of my workouts from videos. I'm addicted to them. You absolutely, positively can find stuff with easy or barely any choreography at all. And even if you do want to do dancey stuff, just practice. With time, you can get the moves down. :)

tytbody 12-12-2010 05:25 PM

tell us which one it is and maybe we can help you find one with less choreography.

ddc 12-13-2010 10:46 AM

The more you do it, the easier it will become. Just don't give up!
When you get lost and can't figure out what to do next, just march in place.
Leslie Sansone videos are usually easy to follow.
The important part is to just keep moving :)

cathyxxx 12-13-2010 10:46 AM

have you tried any of Leslie Sansone's walking dvd? they are really easy to follow. you can do some online at youtube to see if you like them

Jennbj 12-25-2010 04:27 PM

I agree with what everyone's said. Don't give up. we are all that way when we first start. I'm still that way with anything dance. But it does get easier. And like what was said before, at least your moving doing something (looking cute or not) is better than doing nothing at all :)

graycyn 12-30-2010 08:25 PM

At worst, put some good music on and just move around to that! I also like DVDs by Gilad. Nice, no nonsense workouts. Do-able by someone like me who is over 50, inflexible, un-coordinated, can't move fast, etc...

JMfan 12-31-2010 04:09 PM

Don't give up. You just have to find a type of vid you like. I'm terrible at Zumba but better at the slightly less dancey, more kickboxy Turbo Jam. Gotta find what you enjoy.

aphil 01-04-2011 06:51 AM

There is a website called Video Fitness, and it actually breaks down many of the exercise videos on the market. When you go into a store they don't tell you if it is a 20 or 90 minute workout...or if the workout is a beginner or advanced level. Video Fitness breaks down the video, telling you how long the workout is, what level of exerciser it is for...and all of the details. They even have video clips so you can see if you would find a particular instructor boring or enjoyable.

tytbody 01-04-2011 09:00 AM

Aphil. That's collage video. There no clips on VF.. Mostly talk about any video out there and reviews. Good place to spend your money because, once some one starts talking about how they like something, it takes off. I know. I'm a member. Lol.

But anything they talk about there is a clip up either at collage, total fitness or you tube.