3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   HipHop Abs with Shaun T (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/217471-hiphop-abs-shaun-t.html)

misstraveller 11-15-2010 04:32 PM

HipHop Abs with Shaun T

Anyone done this? I got sucked in by a commercial and it's on it's way to my door now.... :)

I'm thinking of doing a hybrid Chalene Extreme and HipHopAbs
OR
P90X and HipHop Abs.

Thoughts?

Diana3271 11-15-2010 05:28 PM

I have HHA's. I didn't follow the rotation, though. I just do a workout here and there. The workout isn't intense enough for me. I like higher intensity cardio (not high impact, but higher intensity). The workouts are fun, though. I have also tried Rockin Body, that's fun, too, but not intense enough for me.

Do you have Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire? I am really enjoying Turbo Fire.

misstraveller 11-15-2010 08:05 PM

Thanks for the info... Haven't tried Turbo Jam or Fire, but I have her videos Chalean Extreme, that I love! Was considering TurboFire as an investment, but is it high impact or just high intensity? I'm not so big on the jumping around...

Diana3271 11-15-2010 09:19 PM

Turbo Fire is high intensity. It can be high impact if you follow Chalene. I follow the modifier, so it's lower impact. The modifier does an awesome job!

HHA's will probably work just fine for you. Rockin Body has a high fun factor, too. I really like Shaun T. He makes working out fun.

ETA: I know of a lot of people who have had great results with CLX. I would do CLX with HHA's. That sounds like a fun combination.

misstraveller 11-16-2010 02:13 PM

Eh I did a 3 month round fo CLX, and need a BREAK from Chalene... no offense, but three months straight every day and she is ANNOYING>

Diana3271 11-16-2010 02:18 PM

Well, then, it sounds like it's HHA's and P90 for you. ;)

misstraveller 11-17-2010 03:00 PM

Maybe she's not so annoying on the Turbo Fire vids? One can always hope :)

Diana3271 11-17-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misstraveller (Post 3572831)
Maybe she's not so annoying on the Turbo Fire vids? One can always hope :)

I personally don't find her annoying, but everyone has different tastes. You and her may not click. ;)

When are you expecting delivery of HHA's?

Diana3271 11-21-2010 09:23 PM

misstraveller Did you get your HHA's workouts yet?

Demona 12-06-2010 11:13 AM

I have all the HHA videos. I've done them all at least once, but instead of following the sessions back to back, I use them to incorporate them into my OTHER regularly scheduled workout routines. It gives me some fun while burning the calories. Shawn T is a bit of a nut, but at least he is entertaining. :D It is not high intensity, but it does work your muscles if done properly. I, personally, REALLY like these videos.

bullylady 12-06-2010 05:34 PM

I am on my 3rd week of HHA...but I ordered them off of Ebay, so all I got was the DVDs...no plan to follow or rhyme to reason, etc. So, I just do whatever one I feel like doing. He always says see you tomorrow though...I always thought you were supposed to rest each body part? I have to go every other day.

I started with the Ab Sculpt and realized I was confused about things he was saying "we" should know...so, I backed up and did the How To program the next time. It is all good after that. I am just getting back into shape, so these are enough for me!! My body aches after I do the whole body burn one and the hip/thigh one - eeeek!

My SO has P90X, so one day when I feel like I won't die I might try that one too. He is in better shape than me and is dripping sweat when he's done.

misstraveller 01-10-2011 03:48 PM

Diana - Yes I got the videos, but have been doing Zumba and have not honestly touched them yet. On my list for this week to rotate into my routine.

bullylady - It was either Chalene or Tony Horton who said you can work your abs every day, they recover more quickly than other body parts. Just a thought.