Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #1  

Default Sorta New to fitness videos and would love your opinion :)

Hi everyone! I'm new here and overwhelmed with the wealth of information that I can find here. I love how motivating everyone is!

I had a baby 16 months ago(im still breastfeeding) and about a year ago after I wasn't losing my pregnancy weight I decided to start exercising to help me lose the weight. I did the 30 day shred along with some gym (treadmill, elliptical) and lost like 5 kgs in two months. Then I went on a holiday and got lazy and the weight for some reason carried on dropping... About 2 kgs more but now i've gained a kilo instead of losing one. That was just the motivation I needed to get started again.

I want to tone and sculpt my body more as well as lose weight(particularly in thighs,arms, and majorly in the stomach area lol)

Should I do the 30 day shred again? (I last did it almost a year ago). I also have jillian michaels banish fat boost metabolism, no more trouble zones etc or do you think I should try something like Turbo Jam?

I am by no means overweight and am truthfully maybe 5 pounds away from my goal(which is pretty thin).

What would you suggest I do? Turbo Jam? Turbo Fire would probably be too advanced for me right? Any advice? Also, where can i purchase turbo jam?
myztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I don't have a program suggestion for you, but if you want to purchase Turbo Jam, I would suggest Mary at totalfitnessdvds.net. I bought Turbo Fire through her and her service was great.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

were jillian's dvds challenging enough? do you think you'll get bored? if thats so then maybe use what you have combined w/something new.(what that would be, depends on your fitness level. more importantly, what do you enjoy?
if you're happy with using them a few times a wk combined with cardio. then just use again.
whatever the plan, have a back up plan, or in case of bad weather. esp. with winter coming soon.
congrats on your progress! you've come so far, keep going!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #4  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Turbo Jam is awesome. I alternate between Jillian's DVDs (all of them) and Turbo. They're my favorite trainers and they have a ton of vids so I never get bored. Since you don't have a ton of weight to lose, do Jillian's 30 day slimdown schedule on Exercisetv.com first
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote