Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #16  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
Shred it is so much fun! I've been searching for a reason to buy a kettlebell and know I have her to kick my a-- with one.

Joy! lol!

I ran across mention of 6 Week Six-Pack. Good to know. I swear I own so much of her stuff that I've had to have paid for her car by now.
LOL me to I own all off her dvds and books get magazines w/ her on the cover of them. Its ridiculous
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #17  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjluva829 View Post
LOL me to I own all off her dvds and books get magazines w/ her on the cover of them. Its ridiculous
Yay I'm not alone! LOL
We practically have stock in the Jillian Michaels brand.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #18  

Maybe it was just because I was really out of shape (had a BAD case of pneumonia about a month ago and it sidelined my workouts) but the DVD made me REALLY sore. I admit that it didn't get my heart rate as high as her other dvds, but the next day I could barely walk. I did it last Thursday for the 1st time, and I'm just now able to walk normal. To make matters worse, I did a 5k last Saturday and I couldn't run any of it my butt, quads and hammies hurt so bad. But I'm excited to do it again. It was definitely a lot more fun than the shred IMO.
Ann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #19  

Sweet! Can't wait to buy it, hope I can pick it up somewhere like Target, and I'll need a kettleball too, have been wanting to try them out for awhile!
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #20  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

How's it going with the new DVD? Can someone compare it to "No More Trouble Zones"? I love that workout. It is my new fav .

I also really like the 30DS workouts. I alternate bewteen L2 and L3. So for now, my workouts consiste of either running (treadmill or outside when I can), JM 30DS, No More TZ, or Burn fat Boost Met. I rotate them for the most part- just depends on how much time I have & my mood (and how sore I am from the kick a$$ workout from the day before!!).

So, is everyone still loving this Shred it with Weights???
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

is anyone doing this workout with a dumbbell? I'm not sure if I want a kettlebell just for this workout...
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #22  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

I did this workout a week ago (level 1) with a 5lb dumbbell and my hamstrings are still kinda sore! Until I get a kettle bell, I'll def. need a heavier weight.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #23  

Jillian and I have been Frenemies for about a year now, lol. How's the new dvd going? I did the Slimdown back in May, and LOVED the results, but then life got busy and I haven't really done much since. How's the weight version compare to the original Shred?
ADelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #24  

I like Shred it with Weights better simply because I think it's fun. I loved the Shred because it's an excellent workout, but not because I enjoyed it. There's just something about swinging and lifting a kettlebell that's fun IMO.

And I also love it because there are no jumping jacks or pushups!!!!
Ann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann21 View Post

And I also love it because there are no jumping jacks or pushups!!!!
That right there is a reason to love anything!
ADelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #26  

Has anyone that's already familiar with kettlebells tried this video? I read a lot of reviews on Anazon that said her form isn't right and it's really easy to injure yourself with bad form. I love Jillian and own all her DVDs but I'm holding off on this one because of what I read. I also don't want to shell out the money for a kettlebell right now. Can anyone confirm or deny that there are issues with her form in this video?
Remisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #27  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisgod View Post
Has anyone that's already familiar with kettlebells tried this video? I read a lot of reviews on Anazon that said her form isn't right and it's really easy to injure yourself with bad form. I love Jillian and own all her DVDs but I'm holding off on this one because of what I read. I also don't want to shell out the money for a kettlebell right now. Can anyone confirm or deny that there are issues with her form in this video?
I haven't done kettlebells yet but have been researching it. I've read several different places that JM's form is incorrect. Apparently there is a specific certification for teaching kettlebell and she doesn't have it. The products at Dragon Door come highly recommended as an alternative to JM's DVD.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #28  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisgod View Post
I've been doing Kettlebells for months before this video came out. I haven't had any problems with the form issue. For the exercises that she does that are classic moves, her form seems the same as what I've seen elsewhere.
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

I bought this dvd today and watched it. I love that she's put on a tutorial. I'll be trying the dvd tomorrow evening after work. I have a 15lb kettlebell, 3,5,8,10 pound dumbbells. I think I'll start with those, maybe switch out between the 5 and 8 pounds. But it looks like fun! I can probably one day use the 10lb dumbbell I have rather than buy a 10lb kettlebell.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

what size kettlebell are you all using for this workout? I know I said I didn't want to buy one..but this workout makes me want to finally try one. I noticed Jillian has these kettlebells.. seems like they would be perfect for this workout and during the push ups, but is 5lb and 10lbs enough?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote