3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   30 Day Shred - accountability thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/208437-30-day-shred-accountability-thread.html)

Peg on a mision 08-17-2010 12:00 AM

Kept positive for the rest of the day! Ate well, did day 5 of the shred. Thanks for all your kind words....it's nice to know others are going threw the same thing!

Night:hug:

hdallas78 08-17-2010 09:28 AM

Hang in there Peg! We've all hit the wall before, but you just have to pick yourself up and remind yourself that no matter what the scale says you are working your way to a healthier you :)

Please send some motivating thoughts my way! My kiddos started back to school today, which means I have to get up an hour and fifteen minutes earlier in order to get in a workout :tired: I think I may need to drink an extra cup of coffee to get through the mornings until I get used to it!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

amyleigh 08-17-2010 10:52 AM

hdallas-you can do it! i used to have to get up at 4:30 to do yoga in the am before getting ready for work (i had to leave by 5:30 to get there on time...yay being a teacher!)if i could drag my butt out of bed at 4:30, i have full faith you can do it before the kids wake up! plus, just think how amazing you'll feel AFTER you work out.

as for me, did shred 2 again today. it seems like it's getting harder, not easier! of course, i am following natalie a lot more than when i started, and i'm pushing myself harder than the first few days on level 2..im just a lot more exhausted when i'm done

so an nsv for me: my boyfriend saw me getting changed into my workout clothes today and was like, damn you're getting toned. shocked, i turned to him and said "what? i haven't seen any changes" and he said "look at your abs in the mirror...you have lines!" lo and behold, i do have ab lines! granted they're ab lines that are separating about 4 inches of fat above my muscle, but there still there! i would take a picture to post and show you all but he's still in the room and i'm pretty sure he'd think i was nuts haha. maybe tomorrow :)

anywho, keep up the good work, ladies!! remember, YOU ROCK!

Peg on a mision 08-17-2010 12:02 PM

Hi all,

hdallas--just like Amy said....hang in there! I don't know what it is like to have my own kids, and I have even MORE respect for you for getting up that early to work it out! Just remember why your trying to do this...in the end it's all about healthy living and if it's hard to get up sometimes remember that you can do it and look at what your children see....a strong mother with willpower...lol...and a rockin body!;)

Amy- I'm a teacher too! What grade do you teach? I start going back to work next week for P.D. and the kids here start on Sept. 7....it's going to be hard to work in a work-out before work, but I know we can do it. I don't think I can mange exercising after work after working with 6 and 7 year olds all day!
As for your boyfriend commmenting on your abs...take it and run with it! :) It always feels good getting a compliment from your partner...my hubby will say something once in a while and it's always hard to accept BUT Nevertheless I love hearing it!

Just finished day 6 of the shred (still level 1) I'm finding it a lot easier to keep up, but I feel more tired after my workouts too. We must be giving it our all!

Thanks again girls for your support yesterday ( I really needed it)
Have a wonderful day!:hug:

PopcornGal 08-17-2010 12:02 PM

Only 1 more day on level 1 and then I start level 2 on Thursday. I am worried that it is going to kick my butt.

On the plus side I am really feeling the results of this. I will stick with doing it daily unless my knee says otherwise. My knee is very noisy but it gives me no pain. I am 46 years old and danced a lot when I was young and have danced some in the last several years in local theater productions. My knee has been subjected to some very intense tap numbers but again other than noise it doesn't seem to bother me.

Keep going everyone - we can get through this.

Amy - you will have to probably drag me through level 2. Don't let me go back. ;)

BritMW 08-17-2010 12:47 PM

Just started the Shred again last night, love that there is a thread on here just for this DVD - it is hard!!!!

Did Level 1, Day 1 last night and was very happy to find that I could still do the girly push-ups after gaining weight back.

When I was in diet/ exercise mode at the beginning of the year I did the full 30 days of the Shred and noticed major toning. Would like to see that again.

Good luck all!

justonemorepound 08-17-2010 12:56 PM

So great to hear everyones still going!

im in total awe of you hdallas getting up earlys so tough especially with kids to look after but where theres a will theres a way, once youve got yourself into a routine of it it will get better.

You must be flying high with the boyfriend comment amy! i got one today but its got to be said it wasnt nearly as good as yours, my mum said to me "your *** doesn't look nearly as fat as usual" haha not a brilliant complement but ill take it.

just did my 5th day of level 2, i know exactly what you mean amy im finding it a lot harder too, the main thing i notice is i find it really difficult to do any other exercise like i tried to do some spinning yesterday but after exactly 55 seconds i gave up i just didnt have the energy i had on level 1, but im hoping that means we're pushing hard enough.

i think im going to have to take a rest day tomorrow ladies, my knee's acting up again, its so annoying because i dont want to lose momentum.

justonemorepound 08-17-2010 12:57 PM

Oh and welcome Brit, brilliant to hear from someone whos finished the shred before now i know its possible!

Peg on a mision 08-17-2010 01:08 PM

Hi girls,

Just wondering if anyone has tried Jillian's detox water recipe? Wondering if I should try....I guess it wouldn't hurt.

It's for 7days...... 60 oz of water, a tbsp of sugar free cranberry juice, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, add 1 dandelion root tea bag.

It's suppose to help you lose a few pounds on extra water weight your body might be holding.

Any thoughts or comments?:D

ellie6388 08-17-2010 03:20 PM

Dallas- good for you on getting up early to do it! I loathe getting up early and I doubt I would do it if I had to get up early.

Amy- WTG on the abs!

Peg-we're about at the same place on the 30 days, and I feel the same way.

Day 8 done! I did C25k this morning and then shred about 2 hours later. I have got to take a break tomorrow, like everyone else my knees are killing me, esp. the jumping jacks, I did the jump rope instead for a couple parts. My best workout was Sunday after taking a break on Sat. so I think a break will do me good.

On another note, I can not eat breakfast. It makes me hungrier ALL DAY and not in a good way. So I have decided for me it's NO breakfast. I do take adderall for ADHD every morning and I think that may have something to do with it.

Peg on a mision 08-17-2010 08:07 PM

I just completed day 1 of the C25K! I'm so proud that I've gotten 2 workouts in today...it's partly all the positive feedback from this thread :hug:
Jillian has kicked my butt a few times, but I can't believe how much better my cardio is in just the 6 days. I would never be able to jog as much as I just did a week ago.

Tomorrow I go in for a weigh-in with my consultant and I don't even care what the scale says....I know I've been working too hard and eating so well to care what the number is.

Thanks again to all you ladies!:carrot:

hdallas78 08-17-2010 09:02 PM

Thanks for the kudos, ladies :) I did go for that second cup of coffee around lunchtime, but I made it through the day, LOL! It is definitely a struggle getting up that early. I was up at about 5:15 this morning, but will have to make it 5 tomorrow. My daughters and I were rushing a bit to get out the door and on the bus this morning. My 10 yr old has cerebral palsy and is physically disabled (wheelchair bound) so getting her ready in the morning takes a bit longer. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will be back in our usual schooltime routine and I can add back on a few more minutes of sleep in the morning.

Amyleigh - I was just thinking today that I felt like I had gotten much further endurance wise by this point in level 1. It just doesn't feel like level 2 is getting any easier! I literally collapse after the last plank twist at the end!! I am doing a good bit of it at Natalie's level, but I am still only using 3 lb weights. The circuit 2 cardio is what I like the least. Those oblique twists are EVIL! :devil:

I am so glad to see a couple of new people on the board! Hang in there, especially through those first few days. It's tough, but it is definitely doable :D

Have a great night, y'all!

hdallas78 08-17-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyleigh (Post 3440388)
so an nsv for me: my boyfriend saw me getting changed into my workout clothes today and was like, damn you're getting toned. shocked, i turned to him and said "what? i haven't seen any changes" and he said "look at your abs in the mirror...you have lines!" lo and behold, i do have ab lines! granted they're ab lines that are separating about 4 inches of fat above my muscle, but there still there!

Way to go, Amyleigh!! :hug:

hdallas78 08-17-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peg on a mision (Post 3441332)
I just completed day 1 of the C25K! I'm so proud that I've gotten 2 workouts in today...it's partly all the positive feedback from this thread :hug:
Jillian has kicked my butt a few times, but I can't believe how much better my cardio is in just the 6 days. I would never be able to jog as much as I just did a week ago.

Tomorrow I go in for a weigh-in with my consultant and I don't even care what the scale says....I know I've been working too hard and eating so well to care what the number is.

Thanks again to all you ladies!:carrot:

I am so glad to hear that, Peg. You've been working hard and the payoff is there, even if it doesn't come in numbers on the scale. Keep up the awesome work! :bravo:

JellyBean32882 08-18-2010 01:49 AM

I've been trying to do 30 Day Shred but every time I do after 5 min I give up because I get so out of breath and weak, but I have no problem with running.. quite weird.
So, anyone.. has the 30 Day Shred shed off inches and got you toned? I sure would like to shrink an inch off my belly and abdomen, lol