30 Day Shred Challenge: Day 1...GO!

• I had huge, grandiose plans for weight loss and personal, emotional improvement this summer...unfortunately I only have 23 days of freedom left and I have accomplished nothing except deepening the groove in my couch cushion and wearing out the batteries in the remote. Today, I weighed myself just to see the damage done and I've gained 5 pounds in the last few weeks, bringing my current weight to an all time high of 180lbs. At 5'4", that's 40 lbs overweight. I'm feeling depressed and unmotivated, but have decided to break out my 30 Day Shred and give it a try.

Day 1 for me, who's in? 30 Days from now we could all be better versions of our current self. And...GO!
  • I just joined this forum today. I've lurked before but.....anyway. The reason I joined is because I was looking for others who use the Shred! I just received it today from Netflix and am going to try it during my lunch break from work. I don't want to do it when anyone is home yet so this is the only time I have.

Also, I don't have a scale at home so I'll try to weigh myself at my mom's this evening. I know it's a number I'm not going to like.

Good luck!
  • Quote: I just joined this forum today. I've lurked before but.....anyway. The reason I joined is because I was looking for others who use the Shred! I just received it today from Netflix and am going to try it during my lunch break from work. I don't want to do it when anyone is home yet so this is the only time I have.

Also, I don't have a scale at home so I'll try to weigh myself at my mom's this evening. I know it's a number I'm not going to like.

Good luck!
    Wahoo! I know there are other threads about the Shred out there, but I was looking for people who are starting today so that we could all struggle through together! I've never been able to complete anything I've started, but I have to try again. Good luck to you, too
  • Hey ladies! i'm in!! i've been using it on and off and really need to get into it again! its such a great workout!
  • I started Day 1 yesterday... I hope that's close enough! I took all my measurements before i started and I'm really ready and looking forward to this. Taking the measurements was itself good motivation! Good luck to everyone!
  • Just curious, what exactly is the shred? Sorry I'm new here and am looking for anything that'll help me. Thanks!!
  • Quote: Wahoo! I know there are other threads about the Shred out there, but I was looking for people who are starting today so that we could all struggle through together! I've never been able to complete anything I've started, but I have to try again. Good luck to you, too
    I never finish anything either. I'm always gung ho about it and then just quit.

I just did my very first workout with this dvd and it kicked my @$$! It is so hard. But I finished!! My legs are jello-y right now though.

Oh and to the person asking what it is, it's a dvd workout by Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser, it's called 30-day Shred. It's 3 different levels of workouts.
  • Thanks, I thought it was. It's actually funny, I just bought that DVD from Amazon and it's due to come in today!
  • TinaTiny we have approximately the same stats, and I also started the 30DS today.
  • To all: I did the first day...day one competed!!!!! I felt so horrible when I was finished. Sweaty, hot, jello-legs...even after a cold shower I had to lay on the bed for 10 minutes to lower my heart rate. WOW the summer has put me way out of shape! When I've done the video before it was tough, but not drop dead tough. However, after eating a healthy lunch and drinking some water, I do feel rejuvenated. My legs and arms are still sore, but I will do it again tomorrow. See you all then, and kick some butt!

Aubrey- Welcome! Sounds like it's time for a fresh start

Lynnyloo- No problem! One day is close enough. How did your work out go?

Jenny- Ya...I don't understand why I can't follow through, but someday I'll figure out how to hold on to my will power and plans.

SpoonSockSpork- What a coincidence! Best of luck, it'll be interesting to see how we both do!
  • My arms and legs are still sore this evening. LOL. I will try to push through tomorrow though! It's got to get better! I do feel great knowing that I did something though.

Good luck, peeps!
  • L1D1 (two days ago) went great... I always get it in my head that it's going to be so much harder than it is but once I get through it I realize it's not nearly has hard as I work it up to be. Don't get me wrong, it "ain't" easy, but I need to stop attempting to psych myself out of it.

So L1D2, should have been yesterday, but it was instead a big fat goose egg. I ran 3 miles in the morning and was going to do the shred when I got home from work, but instead, I had unexpected visitors and that wasn't all said and done until about 10pm... and that's just way too late for me to work out, I'd never get to sleep. Next time, I'll say "hey, can you guys hold on for 20 mins, I need to quickly hang out with my friend Jillian first." I'm not going to let this chalk up as a failure, it was a quick bump in the road, and hopefully the last. Plus, I still did do my morning run so it wasn't all bad.

I ran 3 miles again this morning and this afternoon will be L1D2. I'm sticking to it.

Good luck ladies!
  • Quote: L1D1 (two days ago) went great... I always get it in my head that it's going to be so much harder than it is but once I get through it I realize it's not nearly has hard as I work it up to be. Don't get me wrong, it "ain't" easy, but I need to stop attempting to psych myself out of it.

So L1D2, should have been yesterday, but it was instead a big fat goose egg. I ran 3 miles in the morning and was going to do the shred when I got home from work, but instead, I had unexpected visitors and that wasn't all said and done until about 10pm... and that's just way too late for me to work out, I'd never get to sleep. Next time, I'll say "hey, can you guys hold on for 20 mins, I need to quickly hang out with my friend Jillian first." I'm not going to let this chalk up as a failure, it was a quick bump in the road, and hopefully the last. Plus, I still did do my morning run so it wasn't all bad.

I ran 3 miles again this morning and this afternoon will be L1D2. I'm sticking to it.

Good luck ladies!
    Running three miles is nothing to be ashamed of! Besides, now you're on track with us! I'm going to make a new thread for each day, be sure to post when you complete the challenge