Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #31  

Thanks Leann!
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #32  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

It's Sunday morning but I wanted to post that I did get up early yesterday and did my workout video. Then spent the day with my girls.

If you've never watched your only daughter try on wedding gown's it is a site to see. I was almost speechless at how beautiful she was. She did finally find one that she loved. She has asked me to walk her down the isle instead of her dad. We divorced when she was little and he had little to do with her life. I was truly honored. After that it was off to Olive Garden
to eat. All I can say is I'm glad I worked out this morning. I didn't feel so guilty eating there. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and I'll be back again today after I do my walk.

Thanks
Leann
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #33  
In it 4 the long haul

Ok, I'm back again..............

I did my 1 mile walk with Leslie after my warm up and then decided to add something alittle bit more this week. I got on my treadmill and walked a 2.9 mph for a quarter of a mile. It took just a few sec over 5 min. I add this every day this week that I exercise and then maybe next week I can add a bit more. I really feel good physically and emotionally about what I am doing.

I know compared to alot of you this may not seem like much but it is for me.

Thanks for listening.........
Leann
Old 07-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #34  

Hey Ladies,

Did the 4 mile punch your walk dvd, this am.
Leann that's great, every little bit counts.
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #35  
In it 4 the long haul

Good for you mojojo............ Wow 4 miles. I can't even imagine being able to finish that and still be alive but anything is possible.

Have a great day.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #36  
Zoë's Mommy

S/C/G: 300.2/295.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies. Do you mind if I jump in here? I have the 3 mile WATP and I am going to start a routine of rotating it with my TaeBo dvd. My weight has crept back up and I really want to get exercise to a HABIT.

I find I have to work up endurance to the whole 3 mile so I started by making a deal with myself and made commitment to do at least 1 of the miles next week building up to 2 by Friday. I wrote it in my calendar with my other appointments so hoping this works to get me going so I can make it a habit. Later I can start the Tae Bo rotations to mix it up some. I have pilates so I'm scheduling 2 nights with that each week.

I have tired and found yoga to be very energizing so searching you tube for some good short morning routine. I already do a few stretching ones in the evening in bed.
Zoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #37  
In it 4 the long haul

Welcome Zoe's Mommy..........

As you can see I have just joined in also. I too have to work up to this. Presently warm up 1 mile and cool down was all I could handle but today added just a bit more on the treadmill before my cool down. I know I can do it but it will just take time. I am also a type 2 diabetic and I can see that this is helping my blood sugars along with watching my diet.

This really helps me with accountability and I'm sure it helps other as well.

Leann
Old 07-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

to all the newbies on the thread! we are glad to have you!

ok... it's monday... and i'm gonna try this again. I still have a cold but I'm hoping it's on the downhill swing and sooooo I got up at 5:00 and did my 2 miles with Leslie this morning. I used the 2 mile Closer Walk.

let's pray I can make it 2 days in a row

Leann - how awesome for your daughter to want you to walk her down the isle!

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #39  
In it 4 the long haul

Good for you Cathy. I pray that you feel well enough to do it again tomorrow.
Usually a cold stops me in my tracks and I quit exercising for a while and then have to start back at square one.

But it has been 3 weeks now of 6 days a week exercising and knock on wood I have not gotten sick yet. That's the good news. The bad news is that I have only lost 3 pounds. I have decided that I eat to many calories. Especially when I eat out. So I found a web site that figures how many calories you need to lose weight and mine is between 1504 and 1272. I think I will go for about 1300 and see how that does. So it's calories counting time. Get out the scale, measuring cups and spoons.
Tomorrow I go to the doctor for my blood work. Hopefully my blood sugar has not went up. I actually had a fasting blood sugar under 100 today.

Cathy I have been reading about Armour Thyroid and I think I will ask my doctor if she ever prescribes it. I see that you have been taking it for a while. Does it really make that much difference in how you feel?

Oh and yes I feel honored that my daughter has asked me to walk her down the isle.

Well off to plan the rest of my meals for the day.........

Have a great day every one and thank's for letting me be a part of you day.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #40  

Leann - there is a world of difference in natural thyroid meds and synthetic. synethic thyroid meds like synthroid and levoxyl ONLY contain T4. natural thyroid meds contains BOTH T4 and T3 which is really important (actually they also contain T2 and T1 also). some people do ok on synthetic thyroid meds but soooooo many have found they do much better on natural meds like Armour Thyroid and NatureThroid.

Over the past year there has been a shortage of natural thyroid meds and it's been just about impossible to find any Armour or Naturethroid, so we have been having ours made by a compounding pharmacy. It is called compounded thyroid but is made exactly like Armour and Naturethroid. it's a little more expensive bec it is made by the pharmacist but worth every penny to us!!!! as natural thyroid meds changed our lives!!!

I would be glad to answer any of your questions or talk about any of this with you - it's become my hobby.... bec well... bec it had to be.

you can also find a lot of really good info at
www.stopthethyroidmadness.com and
www.thyroid.about.com

oh and you may find resistance from your doc in prescribing natural thyroid meds. unfortunately, they are taught in medical school that synethic T4 is all someone needs but patients would totally disagree with that!!!

Last edited by cathyxxx; 07-19-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #41  
In it 4 the long haul

Thanks Cathy.

We will see what she says tomorrow. We do have a compounding pharmacy also in the town that I see my doctor in.

I would love not to feel tired all of the time. I used to see a Reflexologist that told me my adrenal glands were lacking so I took a supplement for awhile until I was unable to get it. She got very sick.

I take a Super B Complex every day and it helps but it would be nice to find something that made me feel even better.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #42  
In it 4 the long haul

Hi everyone..........

I went to my doctors appt. today and my HgbA1c (this is a blood test that gives you a daily average of you blood sugars for the past 3 months) is down from 6.9, 3 months ago to 6.3. Yea for me... I showed her my daily exercise chart and food diary and she was really excited. So I asked her if I can come back in 6 months and she said yes! I want to stick with this and be even better then. It will be in January of next year.

So what have you gals been up to today?
Hope your having a good one.............
Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 AM   #43  
Zoë's Mommy

S/C/G: 300.2/295.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for the welcomes.

I did 1 mile of my 3 mile WATP today. I'm so proud. Its a small baby step but I did it. I could have gone on but my almost 7 year old daughter was pestering me so I had to take care of her.

I'll add another 15-30 minutes in the morning.

Way to go want2bfit4me. That is a step in right direction. I should make a chart to show my dr. They do like seeing charts I think, or rather patients that are proactive and trying what they say. Mine is working with me having me try supplements to get my triglycerides down. My total cholesterol and and separate levels are good but triglycerides a few points over the max they should be at. So trying the supplement(Niacin) and checking it again in 6 months.

Cathy,

I'm with you on the quest to get in 2 miles with Leslie tomorrow.

Last edited by Zoesmama; 07-21-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Zoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #44  
In it 4 the long haul

Way to go Cathy.
I don't know how long it will take me to work up to what you can do.
My cholesterol has been elevated for years and I take Zocor for that. I have tried the diet and exercise back then and it did not help. I have a terrible family history of heart disease so that is probably why. My triglycerides were normal until I added all of this weight so I take something for that now. I am hoping with weight loss and bettering my diet I can get rid of that pill.

My 5 year granddaughter spent the night with us last night so she is up with me wanting to exercise with me. That did not last long because all she wanted to do was run and play on the treadmill.

I did manage to get my work out in. Today was focusing on the legs and that is hard on me. But I made it.

Lets all have a great day...........
Leann
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #45  

hey gang

I didn't make it up in time to walk yesterday for some reason Monday nite I tossed and turned all nite and finally fell asleep before my alarm went off... but i'm much better today

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the 1 Mile Express that Leslie has streaming on her website. I just did it twice to get in my 2 miles.

Leann - that's great that your blood sugar is down. just want to mention that high cholesterol and triglycerides can be symptoms of a thyroid problem (or an undertreated thyroid problem). you might want to check out the list of hypo symptoms at http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/ and see what you are still dealing with.

Zoesmama - did you get in your 2 miles too?

Annie - where ya at girl? you doing ok?

Mojo - how's it going?

Karen - are you hiking again this week?

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs, cathy