Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Videos I can do in a 6th floor apartment without getting evicted?

I tried out my 30 day shred videos the other day and my downstairs neighbors pounded on the ceiling . So that one isn't going to work!

I don't always have the time/childcare to go to the gym so I need something I can do at home while my kids are sleeping. Especially once the boat pulls out of port. I'm going to be stuck at home when they go to bed.

Are there any videos that actually do anything that wouldn't have my downstairs neighbors calling security? We're talking zero impact probably . These floors/ceilings are horribly thin. I can hear the toddler above me running around the house.

Thanks!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/195/135

Height: 5'5

Try the yoga fusion workouts on exercisetv.tv
They're actually challenging and free! I know when I do them, I work up a pretty good sweat.. but still, the moves weren't really noisy. My downstairs neighbors never complained.

They've got some Bollywood dance workouts that look pretty fun too, but I haven't tried any of those yet.. actually, they've got a bunch of neat looking workouts that I haven't tried. You could probably just look around at the other free videos they have and try to find some others that seem to be relatively quiet and go from there!
lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #3  

I really like Ellen Barrett for low impact workouts. I like this one in particular. You can watch a preview of it on this site too.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...n-barrett-7925

I also have the Self Bikini Ready Fast dvd that she did. I really like that one as well.

Another thing you could try is using a mat (if you have hardwood floors). My building has hardwood and neighbors are pretty tolerant of things like exercising, as long as it isn't late at night. But I try to be considerate and use a mat when I'm doing something high impact. I think it's better for my knees too. It's not a miracle but it may help.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

What about something like pilates? Or like someone else mentioned, yoga or anything with a mat really. They are good workouts and shouldn't make too much noise.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:58 AM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Kim Lyons -- no jumping. Part of it is resistance and part of it is walking in place type aerobic exercise.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...up-series-5742

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-19-2010 at 02:43 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 AM   #6  
I can do anything!

Thanks, I'll look into those! I do have a mat but it doesn't really help. The noise in this building is horrible. I can hear the people above me talking sometimes!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #7  
Come on 20!!!

S/C/G: 184/174/125

Height: 5'2"

I like The Firm's Hi-Def Sculpt. It is low impact. Gotta love/hate lunges. They do them with weights.

AppleBuddy
sail7seassoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #8  

No suggestions on a video but have you tried to talk to your downstaris neighbour and let them know what you are doing and see if there is a mutual good time to do your exercises. I know when living in an apartment it can be tough but sometimes just letting them know the reason for the noise it helps.
Good Luck
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #9  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I was also going to suggest firm workout lots of body scuplting stuff not alot of jumping I too love Ellen she has alot of barefoot workout.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

I'll have to look into those then! I'm a fan of anything I can do barefoot. We have a no shoes in the house rule anyway. My son looks at me like I'm in trouble when I put my shoes on to workout indoors .

I would talk to my downstairs neighbors but they don't really speak English...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

the quietest one ive done is the biggest loser weight loss yoga with bob harper...I couldn't even finish it the first time...the second time I did and I collapsed in a big crying heap. I sweat a LOT to that one...

But alas, like most DVD's I can't stay interested...the gym works for me.
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #12  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I wonder if a mini trampoline on a rug or mat would be quieter? Or maybe one of those mini steppers. My brother used one in his apartment and didn't get any squawk. I think it was the Denise Austin one.

I had to give up practicing piano when I lived in my apartment - luckily I found a buyer for it and got a digital piano w/headphones!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #13  

Thumbs up try leslie sansone

hi
i ve always liked her tapes.i have went to others but always come back to hers.she just walks and walks in place and at the most 3 ft forward and back....check out the library b4 buying.she is easy to listen too!
purrfect sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

Could always just do your own workout routines with no video, so you control exactly what you do. Buy some 2 or 3 pound hand weights and look up some exercises online and switch it up a bit day to day. I use to work out in my garage and I lost a ton of weight just doing my own thing. Stomach Crunches, pushups, squats, lunges, curls...
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: HW: 213 CW: 185

Height: 5'9"

Just a random thought... can you talk to your downstairs neighbor, and schedule your workouts for when they're not home? Or even invite them up to work out with you...

Edit: Oh, whoops, just read that they don't speak English. Can someone help you write them a note asking when a good time would be?

Last edited by chary412; 05-13-2010 at 04:26 PM.
chary412 is offline   Reply With Quote