Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default Greer Childers, Shapley Secrets?

I had one of her tapes and exersice thing... it was af ew years ago... a stick with a big rubber band, weird breathing and face making.... i know the stick would have been good but when i put it behind my head it hurt my neck.... in short... i didnt like it.

Now we have the shapley secrets.... some mention of non-exersice... or motionless exercise , i fear the weird breathing is back.

She is so pretty thou and i would love to look like her, but im sure like most of these people some surgery was involved.

Anyone know anything about it?
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Someone in the Turbo thread compared it to T-Tapp or something. I've always was intrigued by the shapely secrets, too.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #3  
cj

S/C/G: 185/175/130

Height: 5' 2"

I saw the infomercial and was intrigued but figured it was probably to good to be true. I'll check back to see if it is. Good Luck!
cjxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:08 AM   #4  
Kristi

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5.1

i just bought it shapely secrets impulsively after staying up late to study while watching infomercials. people on infomercials are so convincing. who can beat 7 minutes a day?
ktutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I see WalMart is now selling it. I wish Wal*Mart would start selling awesome infomerical products like Turbo Jam.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #6  

Talking I'm PRO-Greer

I was researching shapely secrets (just saw it on TV) and joined this forum just so I could add my experience. I plan to buy the DVD just based on past experience with Greer's programs. I LOVED her original BodyFlex video - like some others in this thread I lost pounds and inches with her breathing method. I went on to the DVD with the gym bar - didn't like the bar; it's annoying. But the breathing technique is very helpful, plus having the "18 minutes a day" routine from her original product really helped me get the thing done every day. Although I always eat in a healthy manner every time I'm on a weight lost bender, I was astounded at the fast results when I included the Body Flex breathing.

So I plan to buy Shapely Secrets just because I trust her. I read the stuff on the internet about the FTC giving her problems over the BodyFlex claims ... but my experience was the best of any exercise program I've ever tried -- including other breathing programs. I say forget the FTC, go with Greer.

I'm possibly as cheap as the next person, and if you can find these for free somehow, more power to you. For myself though, I like having something to pop in the TV - it helps motivate and discipline me to keep going. Greer's a great cheerleader -- very supportive, but never over the top.
blackforestbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:52 PM   #7  

There is a whole other thread here on shapely secrets with over 200 posts.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...70#post1957870
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 64kg/64kg/56kg

Height: 5'2"

I got my package today, watched the instruction dvd, read the book, filled in the forms, did the practice exercises. I will be trying this in earnest from tomorrow and I am hoping to be able to come back in a week and tell you about my progress and I am hoping it will be all positive.

Wish me luck!
glenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #9  

Well day 1, I did the exercises, seemed like a breeze, I felt like I was not exerting myself at all, however this afternoon, my arms are aching, everything feels tired, so wow these ae actually doing something. It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #10  

Day two, my goodness my arms were sore this morning, I am really surprised about this as I thought my muscles would be ok this morning, they were tired yesterday but today they are SORE! I was really eager to get up and do more this morning as I thought that something must be working. I am looking forward to measuring up next week to see how I have gone.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #11  

It is day 4, I am no longer sore when I exercise or afterwards. I have seen some changes in my size but not weight. However when you take your first measurements, do them first thing in the morning. I measured in the early evening and when I measured myself the first time 2 days ago, it seemed like I had lost a lot of cms however when I measured tonight there was a loss but not as much as would like. I am going to continue because even 4 cms in 4 days is good. I will have to see what happens in a week.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:15 AM   #12  

Wink

Well one week has gone, I pigged out on a delicious curry for lunch and a pasta for dinner and totally blew it on the measurements this morning. I am surprised that with one bad day I put back on the 4 cms I had lost. Talk about demorallising. Well today I have been good and will try to keep it up for the next week. It is really easy to do this program of SS. I do it during the day at odd moments. One minute here and there is so easy to do. And I am sure my arms look better.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/150

Height: 5'7''

I've been doing the shapely secrets for about a month now and the advanced for about 2 weeks and I really like it. My muscles still get sore and it gets to you after youve done it for a while cause you can squeeze so much harder. I dont do measurements but I have noticed a difference in my arms, upper legs and butt. I love it its easy and only 15 mins a day and I just started doing WATP's too so hopefully that will help do since that is lower body and upper body.
Scarletbegonias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 304/294/145

Height: 5'6"

I am doing the Body Flex and the Shapely Secrets in the morning. I figure it is less than a half hour and if the Body Flex works as well now as it did for me 9 years ago I will be a happy camper. Back then I did just Body Flex and I lost 18 inches in 2 weeks. However, I also measured my arms and neck with that. My entire body needs the work... so, I will do what I need to do bcs my class reunion is in 6 mos and I dont want to die either for getting this heavy...
Lorrie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 304/294/145

Height: 5'6"

Okay, did it this morning back to back - Body Flex than Shapely Secrets!!! wow, I forgot what a workout it could be.

I will let everyone know later what my inch loss was
Lorrie7 is offline   Reply With Quote