Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Default "Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training"

"Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training" - Has anyone ever tried this video with Jackie Warner?
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I have not tried the video but I almost bought it at Border's the other day. I have so many DVD's that I thought 'why do I need another one?' Well I looked up some reviews and it seemed like a decent amount of people liked it. I actually found the workout in the on demand section through the cable provider for free! I'm going to do the workout either tonight or tomorrow and I will let you know what I think. I watched it and it seemed pretty good. I need a new face to look at. Jillian is making me go nuts! Her workouts are great but I need a break!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

thanks, I look forward to your review!
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #4  

Ok so I had to try the video even though I should have done a cardio workout! Well I was thinking it would be an easier workout then the Jillian DVD's. Well I was wrong. It was a great workout and definately made me huff and puff! My legs were shaky and I didn't use weights for every exercise! Definitley gets your heart rate up and has some different variations of exercises. I didn't like how quickly she does each exercise. I'm afraid I might have compromised my form. After a few times I just went as fast as I could go without compromising form. My lower back got a good workout too! The arms were ok. I think I needed to use more weight. Abs were intense! Very good.

Overall its a good video for strength training and can be harder by adding more weight or easier by not using weight and going slower. Wish she had a cardio workout, but maybe that's in the wroks. I will definitley be using this video in my rotation!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I also did this yesterday, and totally agree that her reps were FAST. If you don't do a lot of weight training, it would definitely be easy to compromise on form to keep up with her. I'd recommend maybe going a bit slower than she does if you notice that happening.

I also didn't like that she didn't provide modifications for the exercises...her previous DVD always had a modifier in the back, so you could see how to adjust the moves if you weren't able to do them with good form. I am in pretty good shape, and even I had to modify some of her ab exercises, so if you don't know how to modify, you could end up with issues. She re-uses a lot of movements from her previous dvds, so I just remembered and used the modifications she presented in the previous video when needed.

It was a really good workout, and I'm definitely sore today, though!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #6  

mandalinn82 ~ I'm glad someone else had a similar experience with the video. I noticed that the 0ne on one video was on the cable free videos. Maybe I should try that one as well.

I'm pretty good about my weight training. I do it 2-3 times a week and I like to workout hard so I'm always looking for the best workouts for the time spent. Do you have any other videos that you've done that would be worth buying? Also any cardio suggestions? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have a couple videos I really like.

For strength, Jackie Warner One-on-One is probably my favorite. This new one is good too, except the modifier issue and the speed of reps - the previous had neither of those problems. I really tend to like videos that just walk you through the sort of routine you'd do in a gym (doing a set of one exercise and moving to the next), rather than elaborate routines, so this works for me.

For cardio, I love me some Tae Bo. It's that same "here's a move, lets do it a few times" style, rather than elaborate dance sequences, and there's something kitschy about his little neon shorts. The Biggest Loser Cardio Max video is also that style, and gets my heart rate up. My current favorite isn't a video at all, but a Wii game (Gold's Gym Cardio Workout)...one of the few game-based workouts that gives me the same heartrate and calorie burn as running on my treadmill, and as an extra bonus, does some good back/ab/shoulder toning. Plus it lets you punch to Eye of the Tiger, which makes you feel like Rocky!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #8  

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitley check out the older Jackie Warner video. I really wish I had a Wii system but until I do I will try some new videos!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #9  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

As an offtopic comment, I'm really glad you mentioned that you like the Gold's Gym game, mandalinn.

I've been debating it for sometime and just haven't found anyone who's had it to say one way or the other.
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

I was thinking the same thing about it being too fast! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. I think I will slow it down next time. The leg workouts killed me I didn't think I would be able to get through the rest of the dvd but I managed to get to obliques and my abs are sore from working them out a couple days ago so I stopped at that point. But overall pretty good workout just make it through the legs portion and I think it gets easier not saying it was easy though. It was a great workout and made me huff and puff too!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote