Old 04-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default The Firm 500 Calorie Workout

Anyone have it? I bought it yesterday and it's amazing. My inner thighs and butt are sore already and I just finished it for the first time 30 minutes ago. I actually burned 609 calories doing the 60 minute workout.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #2  

I haven't done that one but I have most of the FIRM series of videos. They ARE butt kicking (or at least most of them are). I highly recommend them.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #3  

How weird, my mom just bought this a few days ago. I dont think she's even opened it yet.

I just might swipe it from her

I'm all for anything that's going to work my thighs and butt!!
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I've done it everyday since Sat (except Tuesday when I just walked outside instead) so I'm hoping the visible results in 10 workouts thing is true!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

If you do it 10 times at 500+ calories you should lose atleast 1.5 pounds... let us know your results!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/147/137

Height: 5' 4"

I purchased it a few weeks ago too and Kelsie is NO JOKE! Usually, I've had enough at 40 minutes but hopefully it won't be too long until I can manage the entire DVD. Great workout.
SheilaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I know this thread was in April but I just found this whole section about dvd favorites. I immediately searched for other fans of the FIRM 500 calorie burn with Kelsie. I'm a huge fan. I've had the dvd for about 3-4 months. I've lost the majority of my goal weight loss thanks to this intensive, holistic exercise dvd.

Can't rave enough. I love that it's set up in incremental five minute sections interlinking a cardio with a weight-baring strengthening section.

I had a calorie burn monitor that clocked me constantly at about 500. After some time, my weight decreased and my calorie burn decreased. So, I stop the video in various places to either jump rope for set blocks of time (10 minutes after a strengthening) or I insert another video (the Biggest Loser's cardio max--just the 2nd and 3rd cardio sections). This lengthens my time and keeps up my burn.

I'm in such awesome shape. I totally wish Kelsie/the Firm would create a multiple dvd collection based on the theory of 5 minute increments but also with the holistic, full body/core development of this first one. I am so FIRM.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I have a lot of the firm dvd's (mostly older ones using the fanny lifter) but did not know about this one. I just ordered it and can't wait to give it a go! I am always looking for good 60min dvd's that will challenge me with the added bonus of keeping me interested. I will post after I have received and tried it
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #9  

Enjoy the new incoming video. I just got done with my morning workout and still can't believe how comprehensive the workout is. I'm hoping to be able to find other similar dvds that have this same basic formula so that I can at least mix it up at some point (though I really stil enjoy this one even have some five months of 4-5 times a week).

I mix it up now with inserting additional time on other dvds (usually my biggest loser dvds). This morning I added 15 minutes of 30 second drills (30 second intense running in place w 30 second joggin in place) with 20 minutes of biggest loser. I also usually pause the Firm dvd at the end (just before cool down) and add more sit-ups and a special hip stretch I have to do for my routine physical therapy. My only additional plan is to add more tri-cep work as I don't find any of my current dvds really working this area sufficiently.

Hope you like the Firm.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

OK I got the dvd today in the mail and popped it into the machine. Guess it has been a long time since I have done the firm because some of the cardio moves had me baffled LOL but I did the entire dvd using 4 and 5lb weights

Tomorrow I am going to try it again and see if I can keep up. I like to work out hard but if the feet can't follow the instruction whadaya do?? It's my senior moments
Old 08-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #11  

Hope the morning isn't too painful with stiff muscles. Whenever I do something new, I'm a bit sore. I've started a list of the specific exercises here and will inter-mix for my HIIT (ie, high intensity interval training). I also made a list of my favorite biggest loser exercises (jumping jacks, roller blader, etc) too.

I stop the Firm dvd and insert 10 minute segments of HIIT. For the last 2 months or so, I only do this on the last segment before "standing abs" piece.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Ok this morning when I got up I expected to be a bit sore from doing the different moves but I am actually fine-wow. I am still going to try it again today and see if I can get those feet of mine to go the same direction as everyone on the dvd
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #13  

In preparation for my vacation and planned maintenance phase starting soon, I've been writing down each the different exercises in the Firm's 500 calorie burn dvd and also in the Biggest Loser's Cardio Max dvd. I now have about 25 basic cardio moves. There are some great moves in both videos. I like the fact that each video isn't relying on following the beat and "dance" routine. I can do as many jumping jacks as I want/can, etc. My plan is to keep adding in different kinds and eventually have my own moves, timings, etc. For vacation, I'll practise and experiment. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep things fresh so I don't get bored with the FIRM's dvd which I still really enjoy.

I'm also realizing from researching that my intended "HIIT" were not intense enough. By intense, they mean move so intensely you'll burn. After the burn effect happens, it seems that you're supposed to try to go a bit longer then lower the intensity down to reduce the burn but stay aerobic. This completes one cycle.

My plan is to insert a few of these in to my Firm or Biggest Lower dvd to add more calorie burn, improve metabolism, and make the videos more interesting.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Does this FIRM workout use that Transfirmer thing? (And if so, would it be possible to "fake it" with a fanny lifter and/or a step?) I only have older FIRM DVDs (mostly Body Sculpting System 2 era, and some of the REALLY old ones that I use mostly for comedic value ) and related equipment. But this one sounds like fun!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #15  

The FIRM: 500 Calorie Burn doesn't have any equipment or anything. It's just straight aerobics. The philosophy is based on intervals but does not actually get to that very intensity. It's an awesome workout. The entire video of about 65 minutes is separated in to roughly five minute segments of aerobics or weight training. My heart stays up the whole time. I consider this an excellent total body workout with particular focus on core muscles. I think my Biggest Loser Cardio Max have more focus on upper leg and butt.

For the past four months or so, I've used this FIRM video four times a week (T, Th, Sat, Sun). As my endurance increased and my calorie burn decreased (probably as I became smaller), I inserted additional aerobic activities just before the very last FIRM "standing abs" and "cool down" segment.

I highly recommend it. I really worked for weeks to become strong enough to do the exercise. I had such massive pain in my knees with my weight and I experienced excruiciating pain during the lunges. Slowly (and very carefully) I improved, weight dropped off, and my knees improved. I'm pain free now in my knees and I can just jump around so easily. It's fantastic.

If you get the dvd, report back here to chat. I'm a big fan.