3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Starting p90x-any joiners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/189977-starting-p90x-any-joiners.html)

vmo1 01-06-2010 04:42 PM

Starting p90x-any joiners?

Just got my copy of P90X today in the mail. Hubby and I are starting Monday to give us a few days to look through the workouts, etc. Anyone want to join in with me? I have a feeling he's going to be seeing results a bit faster (one of those annoying people who look at dumbbells and get buff lol )and it'd be great to have someone more at my pace to push and help push me!

thistoo 01-06-2010 04:46 PM

I'm in week 7 of the 'classic' program, and I'm really enjoying it, but I haven't lost an ounce so far. I've started adding Insanity cardio in the morning to try to get things going. So far, not so much. I'm giving it a week or so and then I'll reevaluate.

Good luck! It's a good program, as long as you take Tony's advice to heart and go at your own pace.

vmo1 01-06-2010 11:21 PM

Are you following their nutrition guide?

nelie 01-06-2010 11:42 PM

I received it today but I'm sick so as soon as I'm no longer sick, I'm starting. I don't plan on following the nutrition plan (I haven't looked at it yet but I imagine it isn't for me).

vmo1 01-07-2010 11:58 AM

Some of the recipes look great but it definitely isn't for me. I eat so many vegetables and they really limit them, especially in the first phase. I think you're allotted 1 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. I like fruit/veg for a snack and with every meal so that wouldn't really work.

nelie 01-07-2010 12:10 PM

I looked over the plan last night and yeah I was surprised to only have a few servings of veggies! I don't eat dairy/meat/eggs so I couldn't follow it completely anyway. Also I eat lots of beans and they count those as carbs!

sacha 01-07-2010 01:19 PM

The diet plan is okay, but if you've already got a solid meal plan, there really isn't a need for it.

I'll join you ladies in about 6-8 weeks after this baby! I used to do p90x in the past but it's really not designed to be used during pregnancy.

See you in the future!

thistoo 01-07-2010 02:37 PM

I don't follow the nutrition plan either, mostly because I am already low carb, and I have enough problems getting fiber in without restricting vegetables as well. They restrict veggies because they want you to push protein intake up to 50%, but that's really hard to do for a lot of us, even low carbs like myself. I eat closer to a 40/40/20 ratio, but I don't stress that much about it.

vmo1 01-07-2010 04:29 PM

I just finished the yoga workout. Oof! Those first 45 minutes are rough! I've never done so many vinyasas before. But I really enjoyed the last 45. Can't wait to start officially on Monday :-) Lol scared but looking forward to it

81togo 01-07-2010 04:56 PM

DH and I plan to start the program in the next two weeks. We are waiting for our basement to be finished. I'll check back to see how you are all doing!

vmo1 01-07-2010 09:42 PM

Hehe DH is about to start the yoga workout. Should be fun to watch :-D He's done yoga before but isn't too super flexible... I'm so proud of him for doing it though!

nelie 01-08-2010 05:40 PM

I moved this to the Fitness Video section, hopefully Ilene doesn't mind me moving it around :)

Maybe other P90xers will see and join in.

Anyway, I wanted to announce that I really wanted to wait until tomorrow to start but I couldn't wait any longer!! I did Chest & Back and oh my I think it is awesome!! I did modify quite a bit and I have to say that Dive Bombers were the worst and I had to do them mostly on my stairs and against the wall. I feel energized though!

winning the war 01-08-2010 10:06 PM

I just ordered mine, so hopefully it'll be here in another week or so. Good luck!!

Jenny

nelie 01-09-2010 06:19 PM

I did Plyometrics this morning! I have to say that the entire thought of Plyometrics scared me so I was a bit nervous. I did do quite a few modifications but my legs were like rubber afterwards! Also, he said that if Plyometrics is too much, then you can substitute Cardio X for it. I have knee issues and I felt fine.

Also I did Ab Ripper last night and it is really hard. I couldn't do a lot of the moves but I modified like crazy and just did crunches during some of the moves.

Tomorrow is Arms and Shoulders/Ab Ripper.

LiL PiXiE 01-09-2010 08:25 PM

My fiancee and I just saw an informercial on this today and he seems kind of interested....can anyone give more info on it???????