Old 03-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 160/130/110

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
Hi everyone!

I am finishing up with CLX and am moving on to P90X when I am done. I was excited to see how the workouts go, so as I was cleaning one day I popped in the chest and back workout. I have a question.

I can not do pullups. I can barely hang from a bar, my arms are my weakest body part. I saw that some people use a chair but I don't think I could even do that. I don't have a pullup bar and I don't have the bands that that one guy uses. How do I get to the point where I can do one pullup? Should I just get the pullup bar and try with a chair? Or should I get the bands and try that? My goal is to be able to do atleast one pullup some day so how would I go about doing that? Has anyone had this issue? and how did you get around that?
They show modifications in the video. You can use bars or resistance bands. And even when I don't have anything to tie my bands around, I use weights, and do the same action as the person with the resistance bands is doing. And I still see results.

G'Luck!
AllisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

I tried p90x for the first time today. I did Plyometrics. I was SOAKED in sweat when I was done. I have never been that sweaty before, lol. I have a huge headache right now, though. I need water, hehe.

Amazing workout. It's sad when the dude with one leg is doing better than you,
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/14oishhh

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonR View Post
3rd week of P90X!!! Woot! Woot!
You go girl
Cluciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #124  

Started P90X yesterday 1st timmer here.....excited and in need of motivation and any tips you all may have to share! 88 more days to go!!!
Completed a round of Chalene X prev. w/great results .......ready to change it up!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #125  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

I started yesterday, because I DID NOT feel like doing it on Monday. So I did the chest/back, and Ab Ripper X when I was done I was like that's it?!? Yeah I felt worked, but felt guilty like I didn't do enough or something. It hit me like a ton of bricks today, definitely sore but the good kind of sore. Plyometrics today. Good luck everyone.
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #126  

P90X its kicking my *** wow!
i have a questiion to ask 1st week almost done, but i did shoulders and arms and the top of my shoudler joining with the botton of the neck are so sore .......has that happened to anyone here?

Hi Jenns thats awsome can you do pull ups already?
I strugled to keep up with chest and back it was intense i did the whole thing but it was not cake for me! and the next DAY OMG my back/chest& Trics where on FIREEEEEEE so good and so bad at the same time!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluciano View Post
P90X its kicking my *** wow!
i have a questiion to ask 1st week almost done, but i did shoulders and arms and the top of my shoudler joining with the botton of the neck are so sore .......has that happened to anyone here?

Hi Jenns thats awsome can you do pull ups already?
I strugled to keep up with chest and back it was intense i did the whole thing but it was not cake for me! and the next DAY OMG my back/chest& Trics where on FIREEEEEEE so good and so bad at the same time!
I did only the arms and shoulders so far, but with all the pushups with even the non-arm videos, my tops of my shoulders hurt, too! I would say have you or someone else massage them out, and they will feel better.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #128  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

I can do like a half of one lol but then it's all chair for me, so hopefully I'll get there. My lower back hurts but it's more like a sore feeling like you get in your abs. Is that injury or I just worked it too hard? The pain hasn't gone away and it's been 2 days now.
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennsreadytolose View Post
I can do like a half of one lol but then it's all chair for me, so hopefully I'll get there. My lower back hurts but it's more like a sore feeling like you get in your abs. Is that injury or I just worked it too hard? The pain hasn't gone away and it's been 2 days now.
I know we've all got different body types, but for me, it was just working muscle groups that never have gotten worked before. It hurt for less than a week, and now it feels better. I hope it's the same for you.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabMonkeyGirl View Post
I know we've all got different body types, but for me, it was just working muscle groups that never have gotten worked before. It hurt for less than a week, and now it feels better. I hope it's the same for you.
the balls of my feet are hurting still since i did Yoga last sarturday not was much but they still feel funny .........whats that all about!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #131  

4th week! Woo!

I don't know about the results. I just keep plowing through them. I don't always follow the plan, especially Yoga and/or Stretch. I usually just replace with another video.

My tummy looks flatter in those tight sweaters. We'll see. Hopefully, by July I can fit back into my old LBD! I'm at a size 4 (according to Club Monaco), but I'm more of a size big 6-small 8 right now.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #132  

5th Week every one!

I took a two-day break, but I'm back on track today! I will also do a Level 2 30 DS.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #133  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I ordered P90X and had plans to start it with a friend but we have lost connection in the last few days. I watched the first DVD but haven't started it. I think I am afraid-if you can believe it. I was very fit in highschool-lifted weights and exercised daily. Now I'm so out of shape that I am too scared to start this and fail at it enough to throw me off my game. That sounds dumb so I know it is just my ego getting in the way.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #134  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Me and my bf are starting tonight along with a friend of ours! Ive never of it before untill my bf's cousin brought it up last weekend. My bf got a copy for all of us from work. So the 3 of us are starting tonight and bf's sister in law and cousin who have copies of it now are starting soon as well. Im really nervous but excited. I havent looked into it completely but would this replace my going to the gym and doing the elliptical? or is this just for strength training?
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #135  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Im kind of confused on how this all works. I didnt realize each disc was dedicated to a different muscle group? I thought it was a day to day plan. How do I go about doing this?
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote