Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Default This Is What I Need, What Can You Recommend?

I need a fitness video that I can do with VERY little available room in my "living room." I have room to do about 2 steps in either direction or lay down and that's about it. I can't be bouncing all over the place. I also have not worked out for about 4 months so I'm completely out of shape, I guess I'd be on a beginner level again (). I've read tons of great reviews on Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred but I think it might be too hard for me to just jump into, plus in a lot of the reviews people complained that it was high impact and I'm worried about my knees. Can anyone here that has used her DVD comment?

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried "Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training." It came out only about a month ago and got good reviews (even from people who didn't like her first DVD). It's with Jackie Warner from that reality show on Bravo called "Work Out."

I would really appreciate some input as my new upcoming school/work schedule will keep me from working out at the gym and the below freezing temperatures will keep me from working out outside.
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #2  

Have you looked at any of Leslie Sansone's workouts they vary from super easy to more difficult. I have an inner ear disorder and to help me improve my balance I do her works outs on a mini trampoline which is more of a challenge and is easy on the joints.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #3  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Can I suggest jumping rope. If you can "move" two steps in either direction, then you should be able to "safely" jump rope. It is a great exercise & can be fun.
I've started adding that in a few times a week (well just started last week). I do it for about 15 minutes and I feel pretty good.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds is a fantastic program. Its very easy to follow without a lot of "dancy" moves. You can work out at your own pace & as it gets easier for you, she has more challenging dvd's. I highly recommend her program, especially for beginner's
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote