3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Walk Away the Pounds - July Daily Check In (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/175665-walk-away-pounds-july-daily-check.html)

aphrodite 07-21-2009 09:46 PM

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I did water aerobics for an hour this morning, and I thought since my pedometer steps were high anyway (my SO's sister and I did the cha-cha slide over and over and over while we were making dinner) that I would go ahead and do the 3 miles again and finish my steps.

Uhhh...not so much.

I made it through about a mile and a half, and that was the end of that. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, and I don't have water aerobics tomorrow. Better luck next time. :D

Kim K 07-21-2009 09:48 PM

Today I did 4 miles of the '5 Mile Fat Burning Walk'. :exercise:

Kim K 07-21-2009 10:00 PM

Michele: I never heard of the '4 Mile Punch Up Your Walk' before! It sounds fantastic! Where did you buy it?

nancylmrn 07-21-2009 10:53 PM

OK me and that 5 mile burn are really getting to be cozy LOL :hug: I think out of all of the ones I have that is my favorite. I really get into it and even mile 5 I am still going pretty strong. I just wish there was a way on that dvd to mute her voice and just hear the music some days. I guess I really enjoy the challange of the 'boosted walking' I wish she had more dvd's like it.

anyway I am always looking for some varity that challenges me do you all have other favorites that combine some simple high/low areobics?

Kim K 07-22-2009 01:03 AM

nancylmrn: Is the 5 Mile Burn that you like the '5 Mile Fat Burning Walk'? I'm curious because I'm always looking for new DVDs by Leslie. Thanks. :)

cathyxxx 07-22-2009 10:08 AM

good morning gang :wave:

WOW - EVERYBODY IS DOING GREAT!!! :running:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the old WATP 2 mile and used 2 lb handweights durnig the 2nd mile.

Kim - I'm not Michele but I can answer your question.;) She got that one and some other new box sets at Target. They were only being sold in Target stores and my Target store didn't carry them so I don't have them :(

Nancy - do you have all three 5 mile dvds? there is the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk and 5 Day Slim Down and the older 5 mile Advanced Walk. I like all of them. Also another good one is the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles. I find all of the dvds on the Walk Slim series to be challenging and most of it has the boosted walking.

hope everybody has a great :running: day ;)
hugs,
cathy

Michele L 07-22-2009 03:54 PM

Cathy: My birthday is August 1

Kim: Cathy is right, that I got Punch Up Your Walk and 5 other walks at Target. They are supposed to be coming to target.com sometime soon, but not sure when. Last I checked my target still had all of the walks and they were clearanced to $9.98 each (I paid $17.98 each AFTER a $2 coupon off each one)! In addition to that one, which comes with weighted gloves, there's one that comes with the ab belt, one that comes with a pedometer, one that comes with 2 stretchie bands (different strengths), one that comes with the fit-cuff and one that comes with a snap-on weighted belt. There's a total of 19 miles between the walks, too. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every one of them!

Today I really had to talk myself into walking, so I chose an easier walk: Walk This Way, which is a 2 mile beginner's walk (no boosted walking). It was nice to be able to say I did something, even though it was shorter than yesterday's workout!

Kim K 07-22-2009 04:45 PM

Cathy: Thank you for the additional information! :) I think I'm going to buy the 'Advanced 5 Mile Walk'!

Michele: Thank you for telling me all about the boxed sets at Target! You are so lucky to have got them all!!! I'm going to check out my Target & Target.com. :cheer3:

Kim K 07-22-2009 10:28 PM

Hi ladies!!! Keep up the great work!!! :cheer:

Today I did '4 Fast Miles!'. :running:

aphrodite 07-22-2009 11:54 PM

You ladies are so inspiring! :carrot:

Tonight I did the 3 Mile Power Walk again, except I did it with my sister, who plays softball (She's 5'4" and 130 pounds...so jealous!!) and she was pretty winded. We did it late and it was pretty challenging, but I made it all the way through. A couple of times she had to get in my face and yell "NEVER GIVE UP!!" but it worked, and I made it. I don't know why it's so hard, I thought I was in better shape than that, but I guess not.

My plan is to get up early and do it again tomorrow morning, because I'm giving blood and can't afterwards, but I am not so sure that is going to happen.

My next DVD on Netflix is 5 Day Slim Down! Can't wait. It should be here Saturday.

Kim K 07-23-2009 12:44 AM

aphrodite: Great job on your 3 Miles!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: That's wonderful that you're giving blood!:hug:

cathyxxx 07-23-2009 09:51 AM

:wave: good morning gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the A Closer 2 Mile Walk.

Everybody is doing great with all their walking! :cp:

Michelle - I can't believe that your Target has them marked down to $9.98. wow what a deal! and hey, on the days that we don't feel like walking - and we do it anyway - I think it ought to count for double ;)

I'm excited bec I have some new dvds coming. I ordered the Walk Now with Brittany, the AHA Start Walking 3 mile, and the Burn Body Fat package with the 1 and 2 lb hand weights.

hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

Michele L 07-23-2009 01:01 PM

Cathy: You ordered some GREAT ones! I don't have the AHA set (yet), but I have all the others and really LOVE the BBF set! I think if I don't get the AHA set or the Walk Off Belly Fat one for my birthday, I'll get them for myself! Just have to be patient for another 10 days ;) !

This morning I did Belly, Buns & Thighs (3 miles) with the fit cuff. I was a SWEATY mess at the end! But it was great!

If you're checking to see if your Target has the newer walks, check an endcap back between toys and sporting goods. They did not seem to do a very good job of promoting these walks, even though they are GREAT! On Leslie's site, we've been complaining because many of her Club members cannot get these walks. We were told about them and emailed a coupon (which is now expired), but couldn't order them in her store. They tell us that the walks will be available at some point at target.com, but not sure when. If you can't find them, pm me and we might be able to work something out if we can agree on shipping costs.

On to the rest of my day :dizzy:

Kim K 07-23-2009 10:39 PM

Today I did 'Fast & Firm! - 4 Really Big Miles'. :carrot:

nancylmrn 07-23-2009 11:11 PM

kim K I think the 5 mile burn is the 5 mile one I have; I actually have two of the 5 mile ones this one and the 5 mile advance that used the band, weights, and waist thing (I don't have that part) I have 3 dvd with 4 mile walks on them but I don't remember off the top of my head what they are called. I know one of them has the boosted walking with someone named Jimmy LOL the things you remember when you are working :D

I have noticed I was getting bored with the 5mile one so tonight to challenge myself I put on a pair of 1lb ankle weights.....holy moly what a difference 2lbs can make...ouch but I did it. Tomorrow I am going to do the same thing but move the weights to my wrists. Then I will start to alternate just to spice things up.