Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #31  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Today I did 'Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles'.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #32  
Maintenance...

Today I did 'Walk Slim - 4 Fast Miles'.
Have a nice weekend ladies!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #33  
Maintenance...

Hi ladies!!! Today I did 'Fast & Firm! - 4 Really Big Miles'.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #34  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Had some bad days again this week. But today I woke up with a better attitude and did the Big Burn! Planning on doing more later today. Hubby and DS are in the Boundary Waters for Scouts until late Saturday night and DD has her own schedule of activities, so I'll definitely have some time for me!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #35  
Maintenance...

Michele: Great job on the Big Burn! You go girl!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #36  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Thanks, Kim! I added 5K With a twist yesterday afternoon, too! Leslie's Club was having a challenge for the weekend and I didn't see it until yesterday morning, but I did it!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

hey gang

i did Sweatin to the Oldies 4 this morning. a friend brought it to me to try since she heard i was looking for some variety. can't say i really liked it bec i stayed a step behind him all the time. all i can say is they must practice a really long time to get all their moves down. i've never felt so uncoordinated. i really like the music and at times when i didn't know what the heck the next move was i was just walking in place so i could keep moving

soooooo tomorrow it will be back to walking with Leslie ;-)

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #38  
Maintenance...

Hi Cathy! I know what you mean about dancey videos! I tried to do Turbo Jam since so many people love it, but I just couldn't catch on! Leslie is more right for me!

Today I did 4 miles of the '5 Mile Fat Burning Walk'.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #39  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Yesterday I didn't get in a formal workout, but I logged almost 15000 steps while shopping with my daughter! I think that counts for something!

This morning she is at driver's ed followed by volleyball camp, so I have most of the day to myself. I chose to do Walk Off 10 Pounds (3 miles) as my walk. I may do more later, since I have the uninterrupted time!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #40  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well it has been a few days but wanted to catch you all up...have gone back to the 5 mile burn. You know that one so far has been my favorite. But I still need to do a bit of toning if you all know a good dvd that can do that and keep my heart rate up I will kiss you!

Did I ever say how much the WATP dvd keep me motivated? I look forward to it each night
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 AM   #41  
Maintenance...

Hi nancylmrn! That's so cool that you're motivated by Leslie's vids. I consider her my personal trainer so I get up and do it whether I feel like it or not! She motivates me too. She seems like the nicest person! I'm sorry I don't have any toning vids to recommend, maybe the other chicks have some ideas!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #42  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Well it has been a few days but wanted to catch you all up...have gone back to the 5 mile burn. You know that one so far has been my favorite. But I still need to do a bit of toning if you all know a good dvd that can do that and keep my heart rate up I will kiss you!
Nancy,
I too am a WATP girl I really like the simplicity of Leslie's workouts, I think anyone can do them. No dancy moves or difficult to follow steps...just basically "walking", side steps, kicks & knee lifts. That being said, Leslie has several strength training & toning dvd's using light weights, ankle weights, the fit cuff and stretchie band. One of my favorites is "Walk Strong" (pink cover with Leslie's photo on front). Its 30 minutes of "walking" & strength training (using light weights) intervals. There is also Leslie's Walk Slim Fast Firming dvd using the stretchie band or Walk & Firm, also using the stretchie resistance band. Walk the Walk Firm Walk is another good one with upper & lower strength training workouts. Or Shortcuts, which uses light weights & ankle weights. I've recently ordered Firm Off Weight Walk but haven't received it yet, it incorporates weights as well. There's also Walk Away Your Waistline using the walk away belt (a fantastic invention) & Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs using the fit cuff. Both are excellent. I buy most of my WATP dvd's on Ebay and have gotten good deals....some even offer free shipping You can also go to http://www.collagevideo.com and watch clips of a lot of Leslie's (as well as other's) dvd's.
Keep up the good work! I agree, Leslie is a great motivator. I actually look forward to my workout's as well.
All the best to you!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 07-15-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #43  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Well, girls, I got super-motivated and added an hour (3.3 miles) on the treadmill yesterday afternoon! My pedometer read over 17500 when I went to bed last night! This morning I did Burn Body Fat 3 miles using 1 pound weights for the first mile and 2 pounds for the rest. I'm not quite ready to go to 3 pounds all at once.

Sounds like everyone else is doing well, too. Keep up the great walking!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Gang,

I did 3 miles this morning. I used 2 different videos bec the one I was trying to do at exercise tv kept lagging on my computer and just about drove me crazy LOL.

I got my bloodwork back yesterday and my triglycerdies are a little high. My cholesterol is really good so I'm glad about that but it's a wakeup call for me that I've been LAX LAX LAX on my diet and my walking. So I'm committed (again) to eating right and walking at least 5 mornings a week, no matter what.

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 07-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #45  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

jersey and kim thanks for the help

I have been doing my 5 mile burn each night (well except for one night) I was looking back at my exercise calendar (I really keep a calendar and put stickers on it each day I work out) which I started when I decided to become fit all 53 days now I have worked out 46 days! thats not bad i would say -- only 7 non workout days

My goal would be to keep this up for life and get off my hypertension medication-which btw contributes to my weight gain
Closed Thread