3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Jazzercise (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/173035-jazzercise.html)

PinkVS 05-31-2009 08:32 PM

Jazzercise

I was thinking of buying a Jazzercise dvd but dont want to waste the cash on a crappy dvd....Anyone else enjoy it it looks fun I like to dance but will it produce results?

TIA

kiramira 06-01-2009 11:13 AM

My DSIL-God-Love-Her really enjoys it. She doesn't seem to get the results though that she wants because she doesn't have a grip on her diet. I think that the key to success lies with what you are eating. How you look can be attributed 80% to diet and 20% to exercise. The exercise is important for toning, muscle building and cardiovascular health, and IMHO it doesn't really matter WHAT it is, as long as you ENJOY it and do it regularly. If Jazzercise floats your boat, go for it. But if you are doing it because of the results "promised" by the marketers, then you may wind up disappointed...
Kira

baby phat 06-01-2009 05:49 PM

I have ONE of the jazzercise workouts, it's pretty dated (80's) but that really doesn't stop if from being a good workout, the moves are good but being from the 80's it's a lot of work!! (Remember that was the "No Pain, No Gain" era). BUT this workout is not that, it is very good but it's tougher than the new wave workouts like the standing ab workouts and such.
I don't know, kind of hard to explain I guess. It really is a good workout, the moves are not difficult but it is a dated workout. That's really the best way I can describe it. If you have any of the Jane Fonda's you'll understand what I mean. About an hour long, mostly isolated routines (first warm up, then arm work, then leg work, then push ups, then abs, etc. like that).

I don't feel like I'm being very clear but I tried :o :dizzy:

If you enjoy 80's dance moves then I think you will like the workout. But when it comes down to it it's more an 80's workout than an 80's dance workout (but again, that could just be the one I have and I only have one).

Good Luck!!

Chelby29 06-03-2009 01:23 PM

I LOVE Jazzercise! There are some great workout DVDs. There is a new one called Dancing Abs that kicks. There is an older one called Street Jam (I think). Tim Roberts and Shanna Missett Nelson lead it. I've actually taken a class with Tim Roberts in New Orleans. If you like funky, you'll love that one.

Here's the website (if it shows up. :) )

www.jazzercise.com/jazzercise_dvds.htm

timetostart 07-04-2009 07:19 PM

Jazzercise Junkie

I also love Jazzercise. I have never done the DVDs but I go to Jazzercise classes 4 times a week. It is a great total body workout. I have heard the DVDs are harder than the live classes. I know that some local cable stations play Jazzercise workouts on TV, perhaps you could check that out to see if you like it first.