3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Walk Away The Pounds - April Daily Check In (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/168245-walk-away-pounds-april-daily-check.html)

cathyxxx 04-01-2009 10:45 AM

Walk Away The Pounds - April Daily Check In

Hey Gang - just starting up the new monthly thread! I can't even believe that it's April already wow! I will try to do better with my walking this month :running:

starsapart 04-01-2009 12:22 PM

Hey everyone, I am just starting WATP today so I hope it's okay I join the thread :)

It's my aim to build up over 13 weeks to doing a five mile walk daily. For the first week I'm just doing the 1 mile walk everyday, then will start phasing in the 2 mile walk until I am doing that daily, then the same with the 3 mile and eventually the 5 mile! I am really excited.

I did my one mile walk this afternoon and burned almost 300 calories according to my HRM. It's amazing how little effort it took to burn so many calories, it is nice to know that's hopefully an extra 2000 calories burned a week. :D

blackdove95 04-01-2009 10:01 PM

Welcome, starsapart!

I did two miles today. I'm determined to get mile-a-day equivalent for the month of April!

PurdueGirl98 04-02-2009 09:27 AM

Hey ladies, I honestly havent walked in such a long time, Ive hade some personal issues to work through, so after gaining 9 pounds Im getting back on the wagon, I did the 2 Mile Express with stretchie Tuesday and it felt great, and the 2 Mile with weights went well today.

bbobsgrl 04-02-2009 11:54 AM

Hi everybody ~

Looks like everyone is off to a great start...congratulations! I did miles 1 and 4 of the 4 Really Big Miles workout this morning. I plan on doing another mile after work today. I re-started the Fat Smash diet last week...with smashing and WATP, I've lost 5 lbs. this week...yippee!!! I'm loving it.

Julie

Debwalkz 04-02-2009 12:16 PM

Hi, I am new to the boards but not new to Leslie Sansone's great workouts . I have been using her workouts for 3 years now. I have lost weight with them along with eating healthy. Leslie's program works!!

I recently was randomly selected to try out a few workouts from a new series of 6 workout kits that Leslie and Target are introducing at selected stores this Sunday April 5th. I am really excited about them. The series is called Walk Your Way Thin. The box came the other day and I couldn't wait to try them. The ones I was fortunate to try--Belly, Buns and Thighs, Walk off Even More weight with a new tool a weighted belt and a 3 Mile walk that uses Leslie's trademark Walk Belt.

The Walk Belt has been a favorite of mine for a long time but the new Weight belt is going to be a favorite of mine too I think. Belly Buns and Thighs is a great lower body and ab workout and comes with a toning tool that works the legs with heavy ankle weights. I can't wait until they are officially released to check out the other 3.

There is a listing of the Target stores that will be carrying these kits at Leslie's website Walkathome.com.

blackdove95 04-04-2009 03:57 PM

Very curious about those walk kits!

In the mean time, I just did two miles today. (4 out of 30 miles, so far.)

squishy1 04-04-2009 05:45 PM

I'm just starting to walk again. I lost 30-40 pounds about 2 years ago with the WATP Express DVDs.
I started Thursday, with the 1 mile. Did the 1 mile yesterday as well, then today I did the 2 mile.

littlerozzee 04-05-2009 09:28 PM

Hey everyone

The weather is getting nice now that spring is finally here. Has anyone tried Leslie's audio walking programs that you can download off of Itunes?

Take care
Diane

cathyxxx 04-06-2009 09:33 AM

Good Morning Gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the new "A Closer Walk 2 Mile Walk" and loved it. It's a very solid 2 miles and went so quickly and I was sweating.

hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
cathy

squishy1 04-06-2009 12:35 PM

I did the 2 mile express this morning! As well as the 1 mile express yesterday.

Feelin good :)

bbobsgrl 04-06-2009 06:18 PM

Hi Gang ~

I bought 3 of the new workouts from the Walk Yourself Thin series. This morning I did 2 miles with the new weighted belt. That DVD has a classic 2 mile walk and an accelerated 2 mile walk. I loved it.

Unfortunately, the Target store where I purchased the DVDs did not honor the $2.00 coupon that was sent to me from the WalkAtHome website.

Okay, I plan on doing at least one more mile after work today. Hope everyone has an awesome evening. Until tomorrow...walk, walk, walk.

blackdove95 04-07-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlerozzee (Post 2686127)
Hey everyone

The weather is getting nice now that spring is finally here. Has anyone tried Leslie's audio walking programs that you can download off of Itunes?

Take care
Diane

I did not know about this! Very cool. I will have to look into it.

In the mean time, I did two miles today (6 out of 30). Hoping to do three more tomorrow.

cathyxxx 04-08-2009 09:09 AM

good morning gang :wave:

I did 2 miles yesterday and 2 miles today :cp: Yesterday I used the new "A Closer Walk 2 mile walk" and today I did the first 2 miles of the 5 day Slim Down.

Hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

eviemc 04-08-2009 04:27 PM

Hi all, it has been awhile but I did the 4 mile super challenge today. Every time I finish a video I wonder why I have not done this in awhile.