Confessions of an Infomercial Junkie.

• They say the first step to getting help for a problem is admitting you have a problem.
    My name is Dana, and I am an infomercial junkie. I love them. Honestly I can't stop watching them. I have bought and used just about every piece of infomercial fitness video/equipment out there. Don't believe me:
    Tae Bo - love it, hate Billy, he's satan.
    • The Original
    • Get Ripped!
    • Live!
    • Billy's Boot Camp.
    The Firm - love it, hate them all, satan's divas.
    • with the Fanny Lifter
    • Series System 2
    • Series System 3
    • Firm Box (I refused to get the Box though it just didn't look safe so I just got the videos)
    • The TransFirmer
    • The Wave
    Core Secrets – I love the ball.
    Turbo Jam – loved it, love it still!
    Slim in 6 – snoozefest
    Crunch! – not too bad.
    NYC Ballet workout - different
    Yoga Booty Ballet – messed up my back.
    Power 90 - boooooooooorrrrrring
    Lateral Thigh Trainer – too bulky
    Total Gym – too bulky
    Winsor Pilates - ok
    Aerobic Striptease – this was waaaaay too much fun!
    Escape Your Shape – I barely remember this one.
    Thin Thighs Guaranteed – they give this to prisoners to torture them for 8 whole minutes.
    The 6 Week Body Makeover – the food on this one, killed me.
    10 Minute Trainer – hated that all the dvd’s I wish you could put them all on 1 and select the ones you wanted to play.
    Core Rhythms – it makes you feel sexy, even when sweating buckets
  • Girl step away from the TV!!!!!!!!!! I have had to cut my DH off from Infomercials too. I usually get the mail and can always tell when he has been up way too late. LOL
  • I know, I know! I'm getting better though, I only bought 2 last year, and I'm using one of them now, The Wave. I'm doing that plus with other Firm videos I have. The new Chalean Extreme is tempting me right now though, but I'm staying strong!!

• You should open a Netflix type workout DVD rental company!
  • How is the Wave?
  • I can start my own gym where people can come in and use infomercial products and maybe buy them later. Wait, that's a REALLY good idea, take note, this idea is mine, MINE! lol

Quote:

You should open a Netflix type workout DVD rental company!
  • It's not too bad. I got a little high on myself the first time out, didn't watch the videos first and almost took out my ankle. It'll take maybe 2 or 3 tries doing Ride the Wave before you really get it down, but the calendar shows you what to do.

It's a bit slick, but I had some sandpaper and just ran that all over both sides.

It's a totally different piece of equipment and I felt it after the first try and feel it in my legs. All in all, I'm glad I got it.

Quote: How is the Wave?
  • LOL!

If you have the time, maybe you can post a bit more expanded reviews? I never know if those things are as good as they sound.
  • Do you have any type of on-demand on your TV? We have have the fitness channel on demand, so alot of those that you find on infomercials, you can try out yourself (without paying a dime!)
  • I checked the on-demand thing. We have some fitness videos, but they charge $1.00 for each...Grrrr!
  • I tried Core Rhythms- was only entertained the first couple times, not glad I bought it.

Turno Jam is great.
  • I have that with COX cable, I've checked out a couple of the videos on here, it's so not good for my addiction, lol.

Quote: Do you have any type of on-demand on your TV? We have have the fitness channel on demand, so alot of those that you find on infomercials, you can try out yourself (without paying a dime!)
  • Hey VALady - Im an infomercial junkie too. I bought Core Rhythms and love it. Although, doing those workouts, I find my core b/c it's so sore, and approaching 40, I realize I have no rhythm. I also bought the entire WATP series on an infomercial.
  • I broke down and got Chalean Extreme from all the good reviews I've heard out there. It was suppose to be here Friday, but UPS messed up so it'll be here on Monday. I've really slacked off on my workouts these past 2 weeks, so I really need to get back on the horse.

D

Quote: OMG VALady - youve tried everything - holy crap. I agree that Billy Blanks is satan - his bootcamp tried it once and never wanted to try it again - sold it in a garage sale - honestly I would have given it away for free. I do have chalean extreme - on week 3 of the burn phase. full disclosure: I am a beachbody coach - so you may think that I won't give an honest opinion of that program. The first week I was not sure I liked it - it was awkward at first. The second week was much better. I have to say it is one of the harder workouts I have done, but so far I look forward to it.

I might just look forward to logging in to the club to see if I can win the daily prize - but whatever gets me to push that play button.
  • The wave isn't too bad. It's from the psycho Firm ladies so you're always gonna get a good workout. I like that you can use both sides of it, and if you're a Pear shape like I am, you'll really feel it in your outer thighs the next day.

I really, really stress that if you get it, to do the 'Ride the Wave' instructional video a couple of times like the calendar says, so you can get use to it, cause it really is different than anything out there.

Hope this helps!

D

Quote: How is the Wave?