Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #46  
Rising from the ashes....

Height: 5'5"

I actually went back to taking just the synthroid since no matter how much circulating T4 I have the uptake is still diminished. I had hoped that my receptor sites would do better with the more natural hormone molecule but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I really need to find another endo. One that specializes in the genetic variants of the disease.

Thank you for the advice on the groups tho. I used to belong to some of them and may check them out again to see if there is any new info. I was diagnosed at age 12 and have been a nurse for 20 + years so sadly not much is new.

Those DVD's sound great! Just the guidance that I was looking for.

Thanks again Cathy.

Deb
OnTargetforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/240/199

Height: 5' 8"

Hello ladies! I did a 4 mile Super Challenge yesterday (to make up for Monday's missed work out) and the "Walk Slim Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles" today which puts me back on track for the week...HURRAY!!

BTW...In the Biggest Loser last night, Jerry said something about going from being sedentary to walking 10-12 per day in the short time (2 weeks?) that he had been there. Is this really feasible to walk 10-12 per day on a regular basis?

Have a great week everyone!
WithFaith50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey deb - if you don't convert T4 to T3, how are you getting any T3 then while taking synthroid? are you adding cytomel??? it is really important to get the T3 that you need, but I'm sure you know that. just checking :-)
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #49  

WithFaith - that sure wouldn't be feasible for me!!! I mean even if I didn't work and had nothing else to do and had plenty of time to walk 3 hours a day, that would be really hard on a body I think. That's something that sort of bugs me about The Biggest Loser - it is so unrealistic when it comes to exercising - I mean even those people on the show can't continue working out like that when they get back to regular life. oh well, that's my 2 cents worth ;-)
Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #50  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Talking

Hello, walkers! I've been away from this forum for a couple of months, but have re-committed, like most people do in January! I ordered the 5 mile Fat Burner and it arrived on Tuesday. I'm home on a snow day (due to FRIGID temps of -24 with -50 windchill), so I popped it in today and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! The music is so much fun and energizing! The time just FLIES by! I can see myself doing at least 1 mile from this one everyday!!

I'm also waiting for 3 other new ones (that just shipped)! 5k With a Twist, The Big Burn and Walk This Way are on their way to my house--YIPPEE!!!

Glad to see some familiar (Cathy) and new faces--Leslie's walks are so much fun! I just need to remember that and MAKE the time to walk!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #51  

I have about a half a thumb nail of thyroid tissue left that is functional so I am still getting a minimal amount of T3. Also some of my receptor sites are functional.

At any given time my free T3 and T4 are very high but my bound hormone is very low.

The conversion defect exists but it is driven by a pronounced receptor site defect. So it is really two problems. Poor uptake of thyroid hormone and poor conversion.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #52  

I think I am going to buy that 5 mile CD as well Michelle. I didn't realize that you could stop the work out at each of the mile markers.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #53  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I, too, am back after a few months away. I had some knee problems again and couldn't work out. However, I'm going home from work and rather than watch All My Children and play computer games, I'm going into the back room and doing a workout. I've been doing the 14 minute miles. I also just bought a Wii system. So, on Wed. I did a 14 minute mile and bowled. Thurs. I did the 14 minute total body mile and boxed. I thought my knuckles were going to drag the ground.

I hope I can get off work early today so I can do that 14 minute mile again. That one was fantastic!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #54  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Hello everyone! The past two days I have done my 3 mile WATP dvd's and I feel great!
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #55  

hey gang

GOSH IT'S GOOD TO SEE YA MICHELE & MARE!!!! i've been missing y'all!

Michele - the new 5 mile fat burning walk is also one of my new favorites! I absolutely love it too!

2ndChance Liz - you are doing great! congrats on 6 more miles!

This morning I did 2 miles (i almost forgot to come here and post it today - where is my mind???) I used the new Heart Healthy Walk.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-16-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #56  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I couldn't get off work early and had to do some grocery shopping before I came home. I was so bummed. Despite the big ole honking bandage on boobalah's hand, he started the meat browning for the taco salad while I got in another 14 minute mile. I then progressed to 2 rounds of Wii boxing. I would have gone 3 but I cold cocked the guy and won. I then played tennis and a little baseball. The new hasn't worn off of the Wii.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #57  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Mind if i join you ladies.

I decided yesterday it was time to start using my leslie workouts again. I have had two knee surgeries and will be having a third one this year so I really need to be carefull. I also hurt my lower back so it has not been a good week. All this and I am only 41. I feel so old.

Yesterday I did walk slim 2 mile
today I did walk slim 4 really big miles ( I only did 3 miles though)

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #58  

happy happy saturday gang

I just did 5 miles!!!! I used the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk. I don't think I've ever done 5 miles before. I've done 4 miles lots of times when I had the time, but this is a first and I'm pumped

Welcome Bev - it's great to have ya here! sounds like you're gonna have to be careful. congrats on the miles.

hope everybody has an awesome weekend!
hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-17-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #59  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Cathy! I LOVE the new 5 mile Fat Burner! I did it all again this morning! Time just flies by and before you know it, you're DONE!!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #60  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Where did you find 5 mile Fat Burner? I can't find it anywhere.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote