Low Impact/High Cardio?

• Hey All--
    I've been looking around to see if there are any videos out there that don't involve too much "jumping" or "Twisting"??? I injured my knee in May and have tried really hard not to let that stop me exercising, but unfortunately...

As for the injury: I'm pretty sure it is "loose back of the knee muscles"-- When I took my Roller Skating fall, I felt weirdness (to put it in non-gross language!) in the back of my knee-- The doctor thought it was a patella thing, but now, even when I do back-leg-extensions (on all fours, extend leg behind to straight, then bring back in) I feel the back of my knee "catch".. If that makes sense
    Dunno if that was relevant, but I thought it might be nice to add that in there, in case someone else has an injury or condition similar to mine!

So-- Basically any standing twists, any hopping, any pivoting... all out of the question. It's AMAZING what stress we put on our knees!!!

Thing is-- I'm pretty fit, cardiovascularly, because I dance (weirdly enough, jumping like crazy in Irish Dance doesn't affect my knee at all...) So I need something that will make me SWEAT and get a good cardio workout!!

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting desperate to MOVE!!
  • Hi. Have you ever tried the Leslie Sansone walking videos?
    I use one and brisk walk 3 miles with her program. It looks easier than it is! My heart rate stays elevated and I sweat A LOT! You can check out clips of her videos here:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/
  • Hi Kim I could only get the cardio hips buns and thighs link to work (I'm on a mac...) The movements she uses with the kicks, and the squat and kicks are too "jerky"... (I guess I should have included flinging kicks in things I can't do!!...)
    Although, if there's just "walking" videos, maybe I'll give one of those a go That 3 mile walk video you talked about sounds interesting!
  • Hi again. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific about the video. Even in the one I have 'Walk Away The Pounds - Intensity Walk', she does do knee raises and kicks.
    I hope someone will come up with something that is right for you! I get a lot of good advice on this site! Good luck!
  • Thanks!!! And thanks so much for the quick replies!!!
    I didn't think those kicks and squats would be a big deal... but I tried them, and, apparently they are. They look like great videos for when my knee is stronger, though! I'll definitely keep them in mind