Walk Away the Pounds - October Daily Check In

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Hey Gang

I just realized that it is October and that we needed to start a new monthly thread.....so here it it.

Yesterday I did 2 miles.

Today I did 2 miles. I used the 4 Really Big Miles dvd.

hope everybody has a great day
    hugs,
    cathy

oh btw, I pre ordered the Walk Away your Hips and Thigh Kit yesterday
  • Hello! I'd like to join your group, if that's ok. I'm Liane. I did the 3-mile today. Woohoo!
  • of course it's ok - it's more than ok ;-) it's so nice to meet you Liane! and glad to have you here!

I see you have lost 28 pounds! that is AWESOME!!! i'm just a little taller than you - i'm 5'3"

My plan is to get up tomorrow morning at 5 and walk tomorrow before work again. I'll post it after I do it.
  • Quote: of course it's ok - it's more than ok ;-) it's so nice to meet you Liane! and glad to have you here!

I see you have lost 28 pounds! that is AWESOME!!! i'm just a little taller than you - i'm 5'3"

My plan is to get up tomorrow morning at 5 and walk tomorrow before work again. I'll post it after I do it.
    Oh good! I kind of cheated with the 28 pound loss--had a baby, LOL! Most of it was fluid and baby, I think. I'm hypothyroid too, I take Levoxyl. My last TSH was 0.94 so I think I am doing ok! I'm hoping that after I lose more weight my thyroid function will improve on its own. Does that ever happen?

I'm going to the library this weekend to see if they have a different Leslie S. dvd to try.
  • Hi Ladies!!

Nice to meet ya, Liane!

I did the 2 mile Fat Burning Walk today -- those weights get me every time!

Here's to a healthier October!!!
  • Only 1 mile today -- I used the 15 min DVD that came with Leslie's WATP book. I went to see Josh Hoge in concert tonight (it's his CD release party) and it threw off my exercise schedule. It was AWESOME though.

Hope everyone had a good day! TGIF!
  • Zeta I totally understand things threwing off your exercise schedule. that seems to be my life lately. I didn't get it in yesterday.....

but I just did 3 miles. I used the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 3 lb weights!
    whooohooo

Liane - usually a thyroid problems doesn't go away. did you find any new dvds?

hope everybody has a great weekend!
    hugs,
    cathy
  • Quote: Zeta I totally understand things threwing off your exercise schedule. that seems to be my life lately. I didn't get it in yesterday.....

but I just did 3 miles. I used the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 3 lb weights!
    whooohooo

Liane - usually a thyroid problems doesn't go away. did you find any new dvds?

hope everybody has a great weekend!
    hugs,
    cathy
    I tried a new dvd from the library--it was fun! I did the 3 mile but didn't use the waist belt thing. It was pretty tough without it.

How depressing about the thyroid. I don't like taking the pill in the morning, especially since it needs to be on an empty stomach, at the same time every day, and 1 hour before eating. I've been doing this for 2 years and it is a chore. Bleh. My dose was reduced by half a few months ago and it gave me hope that my thyroid function could possibly improve even more. Eh, we'll see I guess.

Oh, I have a question. Are you all engaging your ab muscles when doing these dvds? I try to but I get pretty tired. Do you think these dvds strengthen the core pretty well?
  • I did the 2-mile yesterday! I'll have to fit in some walking today too since my husband took the car and our stroller is in the trunk. Oops.
  • I did the 4 Big miles DVD with the Firm band for the first time today. It's a great work out -- I didn't realize that it included a little jogging in it. WHOOSH! LOL.

Liane - I've only been using the videos for about a week, so I'm not sure how well it strengthens the core. I figure we need to give it a few weeks to decide that. I'll let you know what I think by the end of this month.
  • good morning gang

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the new 5 Day Slim Down and did the first and last miles.

Zeta - CONGRATS on doing the whole 4 miles! awesome!

Liane - CONGRATS on the 2 miles! I engage the core muscles and I think it strengthens mine. Actually, for my size I think my core looks alright. I know that whenever I engage my arms with the walking I can feel it in my core.

hope everybody has a great day
    hugs
    cathy
  • whoooohooo the mail just came and Leslie's new "Way Away your Hips & Thighs" with Fit Cuff is here!!!!

Did anybody else order it? Michele, did you?
    For sure I'm gonna do the 2 mile walk tomorrow. Maybe I'll find time for the 21 minute lower body toning with fit cuff sometime this week.
  • Cathy -- let me know what you think of it! I just bought some of her older DVDs -- the Express ones, I think -- on ebay. I can't wait until they get here. I like to have some variety in my workouts.

I did the 3 mi Walk Away Your Waistline DVD with the belt. It was much easier this time than it was the first couple times. Gotta love that.

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • I did the 3-mile today! I'm going for a walk around the block to walk off dinner.