3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Walk at home-Leslie Sansone Question? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/142970-walk-home-leslie-sansone-question.html)

moonkissed 05-21-2008 06:28 PM

Walk at home-Leslie Sansone Question?

I've heard such good things about her videos so I was thinking of getting one but I had some questions first. I've looked over amazon.com and there are just so many different videos and none of the reviews I saw went into much detail.

How intense are they? Am I really gonna feel it as in get my heart really going and such?

I am not used to working out so starting with something easy is good but I just wanna make sure it isn't too simple that it is almost useless lol.

Also there are like a million different videos! I am not sure which one to choose at all. I was thinking about Walk Slim: Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles (2007)

Thanks!

bethbeth 05-21-2008 06:41 PM

Have you checked the libraries near you? It's a great way to try them out before you buy!

Shy Moment 05-21-2008 07:02 PM

She has some great ones. Walk away the pounds the 1 mile is really great for someone who hasn't exercised for while or just wants a quick workout even if they exercise everyday. Sometimes I do that one just because I like it :). I have a ton of her videos and like all of them to one degree or another. I started out having to pause the one mile video and now I do 8 to 10 miles a day when the knee isn't acting up and 6 to 8 miles a day when it is not so bad lol. There is nothing fancy about her workouts. They are simple and fun. Even after all this time of doing them I still like them and find them to be great workouts. Not sure if you are wanting more than a 1 mile to start out with but many of these come in 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 miles depending on the video. You also can just do the first mile and then fast forward to the cool down and stretch.

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking
Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Power Mile
In Home Walking For Weight Loss With Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet
Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs Super Fat Burning
Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone Christian Inspired Workout
Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone
Walk At Home Walk Slim
Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline
Walk Away The pounds

CountingDown 05-21-2008 07:15 PM

As Shy has stated, don't worry about the intensity. All of her videos can be done with modified moves up to actual jogging through them. When I started, the 2 mile was a challenge. Now, I can do the 4 and 5 mile workouts without a break. We used the 4 fast miles video to help get us ready for a trip to San Francisco last winter. We walked the hills, hiked in Yosemite and several other parks. DH was surprised at how tired he was after doing the WATP videos with me.

If you ever feel that you aren't getting enough of a workout, just pick up some dumbells or a stretchie band and add some arm movements. I don't think I will ever find the series too easy ;)

Get n healthy 05-21-2008 07:15 PM

She is WONDERFUL and yes you will feel you heart pumping no matter which one you pick.
But if you are new to working out...i think the 4 mile is a bit steep. Its not JUST walking. She really makes it an aerobic activity. So dont be thinking it will be a nice 4 mile stroll....uh, no. I would start with Walk Kick...that is a great one that doesnt require any extra's, like weights. I think the 4 mile one is like 60-90 minutes or something. I would start with something shorter and work my way up, so you dont get burnt out too fast.
Of course you could get the 4 mile and just stop at one mile or whatever comfort level you are at. I get her videos through Netflix, that way i can change them out when i get bored with them. But either way...you will get a work out.

tdiprincess 05-21-2008 08:58 PM

I do the 4mile Superchallenge on a regular basis.. I also have the abs ones too..
If you find that they're too much, its easy to do a mile or 2 and then fast forward to the stretches.. I got the walk away belt with the arm stretchie things to help the arms.. it does help a lot.. also look on Ebay... I found the videos for a really reasonable price!! :D Enjoy the workouts!!