Old 09-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #1  

Default Turbo Jam

I ordered Turbo Jam for beach body and I LOOOOVE it, love it. I've only done it the last two nights but both workouts were a blast. I burned 570 calories in 35 minutes. My face was so red - it was one of those workouts but it felt really good. It's kickboxing and dancy and the music is great - I usually don't pay much attention to the music part but there is no missing this music. I'm also NOT a dancer but this is still a lot of fun.

I finally received my replacement bands for Taebo but haven't had a chance to get back into it.
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #2  

Default more info on Turbo Jam

you sound so excited about Turbo Jam and I was hoping you could tell me more about it! I'm very interested!
Thanks!
beautifulwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #3  
so sweet

Height: 5'4"

Me too me too! I've been eyeing this workout on beach body because I like kickboxing and I looove to dance. But how is the music and the tempo of the workouts? Is it anything like tae bo? I don't really care for tae bo because the pace feels so mechanical & robotic, like the movements are all programmed and the music is just annoying to me. Would you compare turbo jam (music wise)to Hardcore Kickbox Circuit with Janis Saffell and Guillermo Gomez. Collage video has a preview of this workout online. =)
bejeweled*
bejeweled*curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #4  

I watched the 60 second preview of both of those workouts and I don't think Turbo Jam even compares to that. And it doesn't compare to Tae Bo either (which I do love) - it's more dancy. I'm NOT a dancy person and they sure can do the moves but I don't feel dumb not having the flexibility and motion they do - it's still a lot of fun. You can get as funky as you want with some of the moves. There is "The Elite 11" moves that are Chalene's signature moves and there is a really nice booklet wired bound with heavy shiny cardstock pages that shows the moves along with the eating program - I haven't started to follow that although she says to do it for the first 10 days only. Chalene remasters and edit the music to go with her moves - I'm not into music so much but it's the best I've ever had in any workout in my opinion. Much, much better then those two videoes I just checked out.

From the book I was talking about above:
"ABOUT TURBO JAM - Chalene is more than just the high-energy, pretty face of Turbo Jam. To ensure that her unique program would be safe and effective for a wide audience, she assembled a professional team that included group exercise experts, nationally ranked kickboxers, black belts, and competitive Olympic fighters. Together they crafted a super fun, sexy, high-energy cardio program designed to strengthen and tone the entire body, with intense focus on abs." "Chalene's workouts are featured at over 2,000 different health clubs and fitness chains in the U.S. as well as countless clubs in countries across the globe".

If you can catch the info commerical although a few people said if they would have seen that first, they wouldn't have ordered so apparently it isn't showing the workouts to the best.

"She adds sound effects to accentuate your kicks and punches and dance beats that you can't help but groove too".

I did the 20 minute workout last night and then added a YBB Sculpting workout afterwards. I had a blast.

Hope this helps some. It's so hard because everyone's tastes are so different.

Rachelle
Old 09-16-2005, 05:17 PM   #5  
so sweet

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Rachelle, you've been very helpful. Turbo Jam sounds like it's right up my alley. =)
bejeweled*
bejeweled*curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #6  

I have a link for 20% off - just pm me and I'll give it to anyone that would like it. The basic set was 33% until the beginning of September but if you ordered the Deluxe package with the 20%, I think you saved about $5.00. I ordered the Deluxe package. I haven't done the Turbo Sculpt, Lower Body or Cardio Party 2 yet.

Rachelle
Old 10-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #7  

I'm sorry...

I just saw the infomercial for Turbo Jam, and I am wondering if any of you find the cardio as difficult as tae bo?
caitietee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #8  
here I go again...

I've done several different TaeBo tapes, and I would say the cardio in TurboJam is similar in intensity in some parts, and easier in others. But I really really liked the workout in general! A good change of pace, especially if you've gotten used to TaeBo.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #9  

I don't find it more difficult - just different and more fun . . . although I still enjoy Tae Bo. This is a good question caitietee . . . it's made me think. Chalene goes through the routine a few times and then ads on so it's more repetitous (sp?) then Tae Bo where Billy moves through each thing fast, Chalene doesn't (IMO).

It's awful but I received the new bands the same time I received TJ - and I haven't pulled out a Tae Bo tape since. I need to mix the two workouts together. I guess I wanted to see if the TJ would move the scale. I don't think my scale knows what moving is. Course, I would rather it stay the same then move up. Always have to look at the bright side!

I found a lump in my breast Saturday night and thank goodness this morning they didn't find anything in the mammogram or ultrasound but it sure reminds you of the good things!!!!!!

Rachelle
Old 10-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #10  
here I go again...

I am so glad your report came back negative! Breathe that sigh of relief, and let's keep 'Jammin!!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #11  

Thank you ABakerchick
Old 10-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #12  

I've been doing my TJ workouts for about 2 weeks now and I've gotta say, I'm having a BALL with them. I love old school music and dancing, so this is right up my alley. I was a little afraid in the beginning that I would'nt be able to catch on or keep up, but just sticking with it has helped. Even after doing the Learn and Burn dvd, I was dripping with sweat. I LOVE IT!!!
Nyja33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #13  

I'm so glad Nyja33!!!!! I have a rotten cold and fever right now so I haven't did a TJ workout since Monday night (walked and did Jari Love's strength tape Tuesday) and I miss it. They are the best. New workouts are suppose to be coming out in December/January - 30 minute ones. She is also going to put out some longer workouts too. To me the 30 minute and if she does some more 45 will be perfect. Although I'll buy the longer workouts because I have to have them! LOL Now to save my money (luckily it's around Christmas and my birthday ).

Rachelle
Old 10-31-2005, 08:15 AM   #14  

REALLY!! I hadn't heard that, but I'll be on the lookout so I can get the new ones as well. Thanks for the information. I think overall, people really like it.
Nyja33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #15  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleS
I'm so glad Nyja33!!!!! I have a rotten cold and fever right now so I haven't did a TJ workout since Monday night (walked and did Jari Love's strength tape Tuesday) and I miss it. They are the best. New workouts are suppose to be coming out in December/January - 30 minute ones. She is also going to put out some longer workouts too. To me the 30 minute and if she does some more 45 will be perfect. Although I'll buy the longer workouts because I have to have them! LOL Now to save my money (luckily it's around Christmas and my birthday ).

Rachelle
Hi Rachelle,

I've been trying to find the tape you're referring to by Jari Love. Can you tell me the name of it? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!!!
Cheree
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote