Old 04-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

I am a walker and always have been. I would LOVE to be a runner but I just can't do it. I walk VERY fast though and am usually sweating as much as any runner
I walk for 35 minutes every day on the treadmill and do the x-country program on it. When I walk outside in the nice weather, I do 35-45 minutes on the side streets where I work and it's alot of uphill and downhill type stuff. A year and a half ago I lost 45 lbs doing this..then got sick and was on medication that made me gain a bunch of weight. I went from 155 lbs in Sept 06 to 192lbs by Nov 07. I was so sad
I had surgery in November 2007 and December 1st weighed 192 lbs. I am now 175 lbs and working (or walking) my butt off to do so. My mini goal is to be 160 by May 31st.
I would love to be a part of this group
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #47  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Hi all, I just bought a way old school VHS (yes I know) from a dollar store of Leslie and was going to give it a try. I have been having some major back and hip issues so I can't go walking with my DH in the evenings for fear of not being able to make it back home . I was wondering how much success people have been seeing this is in terms of weight loss. I figure doing something is better than nothing.
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #48  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Today

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Miracle Mile Walk ( Firm Up On End Of Video ) ( 7 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Booster Mile ( Firm Up On End Of Video ) ( 10 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile ( 29 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 33 Min )
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello everyone...

Sorry for not doing individuals...want to go start the second round of exercise in case we lose our electric. Supposed to have some bad storms coming thru and it just started raining and is thundering so...want to make sure I get more than what I already did this morning. I did the 3 mile waist one this morning before heading out to run errands.

I will be back later or tomorrow...depends on the weather. If it gets too bad we turn the computer off so...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #50  
Rennie

Frou
Nice going thinking about getting the exercise in. Hope the storms aren't to bad.

Jade
Many people are seeing great weight loss with the videos. I am not seeing any difference in my rate of weight loss BUT don't let that get you down. I am seeing terrific toning going on and the inches are sure changing. I do her walking/aerobic videos and toning videos a few times a day I LOVE THEM.

Magee
Oh I do understand the meads weight gain. I went from about 120 to almost 200 just about all from meads. You are more than welcome here. I can tell you with a nice balanced diet of the required amounts of the four basic food groups, the support of people on his site, my darling husband, and last but not least God's support and exercise. I am well on my way to being a healthy and fit person again. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Cathy
Hope you had a great time. Now is the wonderful time of getting back to reality and back on the dusty trail of getting fit. Just think, when you take your next vacation you will be thinner and get to have all new clothes lol.

cb
Haven't done that one for awhile. Thanks for reminding me about it. Going to have to do that one tomorrow.

Michele
Good for you. Every day you workout adds one more day to that keeping fit frame of mind.

Dixie
Oh that is nice. Wish I had someone to walk with that didn't walk like a snail with hemorrhoids like my husband does lol. All exercise is good. I can't wait for nice weather all the time so I can add going to the park and walking.

finding
Oh I know exactly what you mean lol. Why is something that is suppose to be so good for us so hard sometimes lol.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #51  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Last night I swore those weights were staying on the shelf today.. if not forever..lol. I got up this morning and they started teasing me.. so I said that's it.. I'll show them! I grabbed them up and did the 2 mile with them in hand once again... I made it through every arm exercise with them today.. yesterday I had to drop my arms a few times. My arms hurt horribly now, so I know it's doing something.. if nothing more than getting me out of washing dishes today..lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! You are all doing great!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 177.4/CW/135.0

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all walkers!

Yesterday at lunch: walked 20 casual stroll downtown

After supper: 50 minute walk with my walking buddy (we love it!)

This morning: 35 brisk minute walk to bus station

I have a bus right at the corner of my house that takes me right downtown but this morning I walked to the main bus station and just hopped on the first bus that headed out to the city. What a great walk! I definitely need to get a backpack though, my purse and lunch bag were very heavy and cumbersome! So I'll be looking for one on my lunch hour today.

I also have a date with my walking buddy tonight. We're trying to take advantage of all the rain-free nights we can.

80 days to Jamaica!

Have a great day everyone.
dixiecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

I didn't get up at 5:00 when the alarm went off but woke back up at 5:30 so I jumped out of bed and did 1 quick & fast mile before getting ready for work.

I know it's not much - gosh it feels like 1 mile is nothing - but at least it's a start at getting myself back into gear

ShyMoment - did you do like 12 miles yesterday????

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #54  
Rennie

cathy
lol only 8. Try to do 8 on Mon, wen and Fri since I also do about 40 min resistance training and then do 10 on Tues and Thur since I didn't do Resistance training those days
Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #55  

whoa Shy... I would be laying on the floor dead after all of that!! I could do the 2 mile maybe twice a day.. but 8 or 10 miles would be my demise..lol. You amaze me!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #56  
Rennie

finding
I bet if you did it you would see it isn't that bad lol. I like to do the 5 mile videos but some of my favorites are only 2 miles so I switch off back and forth. I just do them off and on all day. It does take time to do that many, didn't really realize how much until I looked at the numbers. Since I am a stay at home mom and both my kids are grown or darn near grown, my time is my own. Only time the kids bother me is when they want to put their heads in the troth lol.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #57  

oh lucky you Shy... my kids are all youngens yet! 9, 3 and 2 and once they are up the floor can not be found no matter how hard you look..lol. I guess my day is coming.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #58  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

This morning I did 2 miles of the 4 Really Big Miles (Walk Slim). I would have done more, but had to get ready for work....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #59  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello, hello

RENNIE...geez louise woman! That is an amazing amount of exercise...tired me out just reading it! I've done what you do too...if I have a busy day I will do several of the smaller dvds...the 1 mile, and 2 mile and do them over and over...just to get something in. It's crazy how it adds up.

I don't have a five mile one, yet! Lol It will be coming soon. I haven't ordered it, just want to get it eventually. But for now the ones I have will suffice. Oh, I did order the...something blaster, ugh! Can't remember what it was called. With the thing that is like a stair stepper. Comes with 3 dvds to tone...I'm hoping it comes sooner than the 4-6 weeks it says it will take.

MJ...two miles is good! And so much better than nothing at all!

FAWN...good job with the weights! You'll get the hang of it and it will be nothing! That is one of my fav dvd's!

DIXIE...good workout! I can't wait to walk outdoors. The rain messes it up for sure.

CATHY...hey, a mile is good too, you are moving and that's all that matters.

Looks like everyone is doing an awesome job with the workouts. Keep up the good work ladies!

Today I did the 1 mile WATP and then Denise Austins Fast Fat Burner, ouch! Did that before I left the house to run some errands. When I returned I did the 4 mile WATP so that's a total of 95 minutes for me today. Feeling good about that. This is day 2 of the 10 day challenge and so far, so good.

Have a great day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-08-2008 at 03:32 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #60  
Rennie

Today

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced ( 71 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Miles ( 47 min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick 2 Mile ( 32 Min )

Frou
I have plenty of time most of the time to do the workouts. When I work I do a couple videos a day and that is it lol. Looks like you are doing great on the exercise front.

Finding
I can remember when my kids were both under school age. I was doing Richard Simmons back then, still do them. They either joined in with me doing the videos, sat and colored, played a game or laid in bed. That was their choice, I didn't give them any options lol. I know, I am a mean mean mother .

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-08-2008 at 11:39 PM.