Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I just got it in the mail and previewed it. I can't wait to start it! It looks hard. I can't do real pushups so I'll definitely be doing the girly ones.

On the menu there was a "recommendation" tab and it says to work out with her 20 minutes a day. That sounds likes its meant for daily use? I would have assumed every other day as well...
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #17  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

This was on comcast on demand and I decided to try it out. It kicked my butt! OMG...I thought I might die the next day. I didn't realize how out of shape I was...I mean I knew I was...but not THAT bad!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #18  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

After hearing all of your raves about it I am totally going to order it now! YAY!
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #19  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

just received the dvd in today's mail. i will be trying it out tomorrow evening. will keep everyone posted.
moon fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #20  

Height: 5'8"

I got this dvd in the mail a couple of days ago and did it for the first time yesterday, then again today and I agree that it is an awesome workout. Doing 25 minutes with Jillian has me sweating just as much as 45 minutes of Tae Bo. It is a butt-kicking workout (quite literally at sometimes). Love it and totally recommend it! Those push-ups are killer if you're not accustomed to doing them already!
kris10dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I have all of Jillian's DVDs except this one and have been wondering if it is worth buying, or if I should just record the free ones off On Demand. I have to say I would not not do this every day...the lifting exercises really work my shoulders and chest and donig that daily would not be good for the muscles. I have been rotating it in with the other DVDs. I do the shred one day, then her cardio kickboxing the next, then rotate between the front and backside Shape Up DVDs, then the cardio again, and start over.

I have not even opened the Maximize set yet because the the Shape Up KICKS MY BUTT and I've been doing it for a couple months now. On a side note, I look forward to days I get to do the shred 1 because it is a lot easier than the SHape Up workouts, but it is still a good workout.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #22  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

So??? How is this working for you ladies?
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #23  
Will never quit

S/C/G: 202.6/198.2/145

Came in the mail the other day and tried it for the first time yesterday. I made it throught the video but I was working hard. Level 1 is challenging enough for now. Today I am sore, but not as bad as I thought I would be.

It is a no nonsense quick workout. Obviously muscles are being worked if I can feel them today (in a good way). I like it and will continue to use it at least 3 times a week. I like that the 2 other levels are looming above me as a challenge!
aarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #24  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I just got the DVD and did the level 1 workout tonight. I thought it was a good workout, kept my heartbeat up, and got my muscles going. I've been doing her Complete Body Workout (5 DVD collection) for a couple of months, and comparing the Level 1 workout on 30 shred, I think her Complete Body Workout videos are a bit harder and more challenging. I still think 30 Day shred gave me a good workout, but just a little less go go go than her Complete Body Workouts. I think as I move up in levels it will seem harder and probably along the lines of the Complete Body Workout. I definitely like 30 day shred for it's quickness, and that it keeps my heart rate up. I'm going to continue using it and go up the levels - I am not going to do it every day as it says because I like to have a rest day between doing strength, but I will do it at least 3-4 days a week.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 175/161/135

Height: 5'5"

I just ordered this last week and it's on the way. Can't wait to try it out. Love the idea of a 20-ish minute workout so I can fit it in the mornings.
prettikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #26  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I have done the level 1 workout twice this week, and I decided to try the level 2 workout tonight for the first time. Wow!! I thought the level 1 workout was challenging, but not as challenging as her Biggest Winner workouts. Level 2 completely kicked my butt! I've been working out regularly for about 8 months now, and this workout killed me! The strength portion was especially hard. I am going to try and keep it up at least 3 nights a week (no way I'm doing it every day) and I think it will definitely get me stronger over time.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #27  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im assuming with this its ten days at level one, ten days at level 2 and ten days at level 3?....
Ive only been going for 7 days and im already noticing a difference with the size of my legs!....
cant wait til the 30 days are up....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #28  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I did the 30 Day Shred level 1 this morning and I ALREADY feel a bit sore lol... I was able to make it through with only two 5-second rests, I'm proud to report It seems like it would be very effective if done religiously.

Last edited by KLK; 06-07-2008 at 02:59 PM.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #29  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

I slacked off this weekend and only did the Kickbox Cardio yesterday. I'll do Shred level 1 tonight and I have to remember to record it since it will be gone from On Demand after today or tomorrow I think. But the second level will still be available when I feel up to attempting that one. I feel very strong with these DVD's and I love that they are so short and intense. I've never sweat so much in my life as I do during her workouts!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #30  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

I got back into Shred level one tonight and it kicked my butt all over again after a 3 day hiatus. It felt like my first time all over again. I love it, though.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote