Old 10-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #1  
cj

S/C/G: 185/175/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt

Last year I lost 45 lb working out with FIT TV about an hour a day for about eight months and watching what I was eating. Unfortunately due to night classes, homework, toddlers, weekend job, and married life things got so crazy that I just stopped and within the past year gained 35 lb. back, DEPRESSING.

I have bought so many other workout programs already. I tried power90, but it bored me and I couldn't seem to ever get to the second stage, pilates, but I always felt that I was doing it wrong, six week body makeover, confusing and my budget didn't have that much wiggle room for groceries with a family of four with two little ones (plus my husband refused to eat the meals so I ended up making mine and theirs, not economic for a one income family). FIT TV was wonderful for me.

I have now decided that it is time to get back on the banwagon and start over with some fellow support this time. Unfortunately we have moved and don't have FIT TV anymore. So I started looking for DVD's of the Gilad workout that I used to do on FIT TV. I found Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt series. It was pricey but not any higher than most of the workouts tapes out there and he doesn't push all those supplements that you pay a fortune for and half the time don't take or don't work.

I had a hard time deciding to buy it or not because I really couldn't find anything that talked about this workout. I like to research things before I buy them since I've been taken by the infomercials of so many others but there wasn't a lot out there from real people that have tried this system. So, I am going to report every week on how I am doing, what I feel like, what the workouts do, and anything else while working with this program.

I recieved my order today and plan to start an hour a day tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else out there had tried Gilad 30-minute routines on FIT TV or his workout tapes with any results. If you have done this program please chime in or if you would like to know more about it I would be glad to answer any questions the best I can while trying this system.

I am very excited and hopefully it won't be as hard as I seem to think it will. Wish me luck and let me know if anybody else is trying it as well. I would love to know how your results are compared to the ones I will hopefully have.

cj
cjxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I have the 3 Ultimate Body Sculpt dvds and honestly I've only done each of them only once . I don't know why I haven't gotten into them more. I have the Quick Fit sytem of his and love it, but again I haven't been doing it lately. They don't work if you don't use them. Good luck to you!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

I have to say that I Love Gilad!!! When I first started I would
run and on the other days I would do Gilad. I have about 12-13 right
now on my DVR and I over slept this AM and didn't get my usual run in
so I plan on going home, starting dinner and doing it. I really believe in the Total Body Sculpt. Good Luck !
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #4  
cj

Thanks, I did the cuts and curves today and am feeling stiff already. I wasn't able to keep up with him the whole time but by doing his FIT TV workouts I know he'll get me there if I can stick with it. Thanks for the encouragement. I need it

Last edited by cjxl; 10-01-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

My mother swears by Gilad. She's lost 100 pounds using Gilad. She's used him ever since I can remember(and one is on VHS that she taped and it's about to die).
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #6  
cj

Am feeling really, really sore today but not so much that I can't walk, mostly sore in the shoulders and arms. I am getting ready to try is new DVD Elite Forces fat busting workout. Check back in tomorrow when I'm ready to cry.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

QUOTE=cjxl;1877360]Am feeling really, really sore today but not so much that I can't walk, mostly sore in the shoulders and arms. I am getting ready to try is new DVD Elite Forces fat busting workout. Check back in tomorrow when I'm ready to cry.[/QUOTE]

Great Job!! I did mine yesterday after work and when I
was done I was glad I did it. It always makes me feel great!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #8  
cj

The Elite Forces kicked my butt. What a cardio. I had to pause three times to get a drink. Loved the fast pace, the fact that he just kept on moving and moving and moving. I thought I was just going to fall apart if I had to do another jumping jack or jump rope for another count of 8.

I really wish he would have extended the sculpt portion to include triceps, pecs, and an ab series but other than that I will definately be doing that one every other day between the other tapes in the series. OUCH!!!

My shoulders and arms are really tight and eventhough he didn't do an ab series they still get a workout with the kickboxing and twisting.

Tomorrow is CORE AND MORE, wish me luck
Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #9  
cj

I am not quite sure how much I will actually be accomplishing today. My back hurts so bad and my forearms are so tight and painful. I will hopefully be able to push through it today and just suck it up and do the workout but right now I would rather lay flat on the floor and not move for, I don't know....forever.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #10  
cj

I managed to push through the CORE AND MORE workout today. I finally ended it feeling like a complete nerd. I don't know if it's just me or if anybody else had this problem but I have come to the painful conclusion that I cannot multi-task.

I felt like a complete idiot through the whole thing feeling unable to hold in my lower ads, hold a sit-up, and breathe all at the same time. Everytime I tried to inhale I couldn't seem to hold my lower abs tight.

Gilad of course tried to explain this process over and over, telling me to breathe into my lower ribs but the more he explained it the more idiotic I felt. Why was this so hard? Why couldn't I figure this out?

I ended the workout feeling like I had not achieved the result I was looking for because I didn't have that tight feeling in my lower abdomen. Hopefully I will get the hang of it in the next couple of weeks.

I'll have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Last edited by cjxl; 10-03-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: unable to type with a bandaid on my finger
Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #11  
cj

Elite Forces Cardio completed and feeling rather good. I'm not all that sore and I think if I could keep my appetite under control I could really accomplish something.

Tomorrow I will try the POWER AND GRACE workout. Maybe it will fair better than the CORE AND MORE, but I'm sure I'll get that one down eventually.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #12  
cj

POWER AND GRACE was a wonderful workout. I felt the burn, and am still feeling rather good today. I'm not really sore but I have that slight worked feeling in my thighs, butt, and back. I really liked this workout. I had to standup out of a couple of sessions because the burn was so intense but kicked out the legs and got back into it.

Definately a workout that I would recommend. Today is yet again ELITE FORCES. Then tomorrow is a break, week one almost complete.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #13  
cj

I almost didn't workout yesterday, tired, lazy, and unmotivated. But I finally told myself to just get off my butt and push play, so I did. I felt so much better afterward. I should have done it earlier in the day and maybe I wouldn't have been so unconstructive.

Week one accomplished, now to start over. It takes all week to do all four DVD's with the cardio every other day in between but by the end of the week I figure I've actually worked everything a couple of times. Hey its got to be better than nothing.

If anybody has any advice on how to keep your appetite under control I would love to hear about it. Working out all week does me no good if I can't keep my hands out of the cookie jar. lol.....

I'm not good with pills and already drink a lot of water. So if there are any tricks out there please throw them my way.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #14  
cj

Monday came and went and unfortunately I did not work out. I spent the day with my husband and my boys out and about. It was long it was tiring and now it's time for bed. I am so disappointed in myself for not coming home and turning it right on, but first there's getting the kids settled, then cleaning out the car, then cleaning up the house and finally bedtime routine. I just ran out of hours in my day.

Hopefully I will feel guilty enough to do both the CUTS AND CURVES tomorrow and ELITE FORCES cardio.

I plan on weighing in on Sunday when I have two complete weeks done with this system. Wish me luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #15  
cj

Well accomplished CUTS AND CURVES but not ELITE FORCES, so plan on doubling up tomorrow instead. I really need to get caught up before the end of the week.