Old 01-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #61  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
I did the 30 minute abs workout this morning. I don't think I'll do that one again for a bit. I have a headache and I had to grab a piece of toast because I'm queazy.

I, too, am in a quandry. My DD is having a destination wedding in Feb. We are going on a Disney Cruise. There will be a gazillion kids that I will probably not like.

I don't know if I'll be wearing a swimsuit. The one I bought a few years ago looks ridiculous on me now. The legs of the suit just hang on me. Besides, it's a fat girl ugly suit. I don't know if I want to invest in another one just yet.
I bet you could find a swimsuit that would look great on you! Let me know if you want to go shopping for one together!! You're doing great and looking so great!! The Disney Cruise sounds fun (except for the excess # of children...I love children, but I'm not sure I could handle an excess amount all at one time!!! ).

I'm back to doing the WATP tapes, did the 2 Mile WATP (the one using weights). It's my favorite!!!
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #62  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

5 Mile Advanced Walk with all the boosters for me today!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Did the 2 mile and ordered the 3&4 with band today! I had to leave off the pilates, cause even though I'm not *too* sore, I don't want to push it and hurt something!

cathyxxx - cleaning for 5 hours?!? You ARE amazing!
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #64  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

1 mile done
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #65  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

omg i am so sore today.... i haven't been sore in ages... don't know what changed. i mean i only did a 2 mile yesterday.... guess working out for 17 days straight finally caught up with me. i'm taking today off from walking (i did some stretching to try to make my leg muscles hurt less) and will go again tomorrow

on a positive note... it's my inner thighs and right under my butt that hurts.... so at least it's targets to my problem areas lol
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #66  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

sxul
Sorry to hear you are sore. I know the feeling. After months of walking away the lbs my knees are telling me knock it off lol. I of course won't listen but I am going to take it a bit easier on the resistance training. I do know more of a cool down, more stretching really helps. I have to do at least twice as much cool down as is done at the ends of the videos or my knees and legs hurt.

Dai
Nice going. If we could add all the 1 miles we do. We would be able to walk around the world

Grumble
I know what you mean. I have cut back on how much resistance training I am doing. I think I was pushing it to much to fast. Not sure if I want to do half as much each day and spread it out every day instead of every other day or just cut down half as much all together.

Michele
Nice going. Wow you are doing great.

Cher
I like that one too. Have fun walking away those lbs.

cathy
Oh come on lol. You can still get a video in.

mj
Can't wait to get mine. The abs and floppy arms are something I can't seem to work enough on no matter how much I am doing. Have to wonder if I am not pushing myself to hard and expecting to much to fast. I too will have to work up to more miles but it is nice to mix the miles up.

cb
You buy a new suit and enjoy the weight loss you have accomplished. We have to love who we are no matter the size. You have taken off a bit of weight. I bet you are looking great.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #67  
Sally

just did the 3 mile fat burning one.... felt great! i didn't do the weights
Old 01-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Hi Ladies (and gents if there are any gents doing WATP). I have a question for everyone who does WATP regularly. Do you see continued results with doing JUST WATP, or do you do other things as well. I have the 3 pound walk, and I've been doing it quite a bit lately, but I'm afraid if I keep doing the same thing then I won't have any results. I am getting the 1 mile and the 2 mile to do those before work in the morning, but I'm curious as to whether or not I should throw a hip hop abs or a turbo jam video in there as well (can you tell that WATP is my favorite?!) What do you think?
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #69  

Hello all!
I did the Walk & Kick (30 minutes) this morning. I really like that one. After being in the teens and 20's the past week, it was 70 degrees here today so I took my dogs out walking at a nearby Wilderness Park. We walked for about 65 minutes (of course a lot of that was sniffing and peeing - not me of course! )

KCWMU - I have heard that your body can get used to an exercise. I also do Zumba (an latin based aerobics class) twice a week. I tend to get bored if I do the exact same thing all of the time. I have been collecting several different WATP videos and they all seem to be slightly different. She's good with giving some variety. I think it's important to do something you enjoy. I am just re-starting the exercise journey so I haven't added strength training yet. I'm trying to be consistent with WATP first and I do plan to add in some additional types of exercises. I know some of the other regulars on this thread do some other workouts as well. I'm anxious to hear what everyone does.

Michelle - great job on the 5 miles. I hope to get there with you soon!

Cathy - my house could use 5 hours of cleaning. I just do a little at a time (and that's not nearly enough!!)

mj - it's nice to have a goal event. My sister's wedding/vacation has been quite the motivator for me on those days that I don't really feel like getting started. Of couse, once I start it feels really good.

sxul - I've been having soreness too. I have problems with my hip and I noticed a couple of days ago was the first time I had problems with it while doing WATP. I hope your day off will help the soreness.
ksk571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #70  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

After making 2 big pots of soup (bean with ham for hubby and the kids, tortilla for me), I finally got my workout in! I chose the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk. Mary Kay's mile is a DOOZY! I used the 2 pound soft weights for part of it as well. I just checked my pedometer and I'm about 1200 steps shy of 10000, so I'll be hopping on the treadmill for at least a mile here in a bit. I have made a commitment to myself to get 10000 steps a day. I do quite well during the week, but often fall short on the weekend, so I'm really TRYING to improve in that area.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Michele
Old 01-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

2 mile WATP and 20 min pilates tape. Geez pilates is hard after taking a day off!

Michelle L... I am so impressed! I have a pedometer, but I haven't used it in ages...you make me want to pull it out and try again! (I always seems to knock them off my waistband and break them)

KCWMU- I don't know if its WATP, but when I did my measurements this morning for the month, I was down on my thighs 1"! I've only been doing it for about 2 weeks, but it seems to have helped! That being said, I just ordered two more tapes with different miles on them because i get bored if I do the same thing for too long. The only other thing I'm doing is pilates, because i don't feel like WATP is doing much for my abs. Those effects haven't been seen yet, cause I haven't done it long. Just my 4 cents.

Last edited by Grumbleworts; 01-06-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #72  
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Hello all!
I did the Walk & Kick (30 minutes) this morning. I really like that one. After being in the teens and 20's the past week, it was 70 degrees here today so I took my dogs out walking at a nearby Wilderness Park. We walked for about 65 minutes (of course a lot of that was sniffing and peeing - not me of course! )

KCWMU - I have heard that your body can get used to an exercise. I also do Zumba (an latin based aerobics class) twice a week. I tend to get bored if I do the exact same thing all of the time. I have been collecting several different WATP videos and they all seem to be slightly different. She's good with giving some variety. I think it's important to do something you enjoy. I am just re-starting the exercise journey so I haven't added strength training yet. I'm trying to be consistent with WATP first and I do plan to add in some additional types of exercises. I know some of the other regulars on this thread do some other workouts as well. I'm anxious to hear what everyone does.

Michelle - great job on the 5 miles. I hope to get there with you soon!

Cathy - my house could use 5 hours of cleaning. I just do a little at a time (and that's not nearly enough!!)

mj - it's nice to have a goal event. My sister's wedding/vacation has been quite the motivator for me on those days that I don't really feel like getting started. Of couse, once I start it feels really good.

sxul - I've been having soreness too. I have problems with my hip and I noticed a couple of days ago was the first time I had problems with it while doing WATP. I hope your day off will help the soreness.
it definitely helped!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #73  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I just finished the 2 Mile Walk Jog. I put it off til the end of the day because I needed to get some energy back after tearing my stove apart and doing a deep clean on it, took the hood apart and degreased that as well as polished the stainless steel on the hood and stove and helped to put all the Christmas back into the top of the garage.

It's been so exciting! I think I'm going to wash my hair!

Cher, I'm not sure where I could even find a suit this time of year. I may wait til we are in a port of call and pick one up. But thanks. After you get back from your trip and we don't have stormy weather, we'll drag the guys out and go wine tasting in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I alternate my workouts. I feel your body gets used to the same movements. That's why I will do a 2 miler then maybe a 4 or 5 then back down to a 3. I may have to go down to the 1 now that boobalah wants to start back working out.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #74  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I added 20 minutes (1.05 miles) on the treadmill after playing a game with kids and giving my tummy a rest after supper! Now my pedometer reads almost 12000! I'm HAPPY!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #75  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I ended up giving myself the weekend off from walking...I have a bad knee and it was acting up. I did do some stretching and some gentle yoga, so not a total slug, but after some rest and lots of ice it feels better today. SO back to business!!! After work to the gym for arms/shoulders w/ weights then I will do at least the 2 mile walk when I get home.

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote