Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #61  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

ok my check in day is today... i sucked over the weekend and didn't do the walk on sunday or monday... going back to it when i get off work
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #62  

Mon- I did the 1-mile Express in the morning, and then I did the 4-mile Super Challenge that afternoon. I also worked with weights that evening. I had to make up for not working out on Sat or Sun.

Tue- I did the 3-Mile WATP for abs with 3 lb weighted balls instead of the belt.
UntilMOMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #63  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I did the WATP for Abs with the belt today. It's a pretty good fast paced 30 minute workout.

Shy, that is great that he helped you! I have the 2 lb weights that came with my 5 mile challenge kit from Target. Those were plenty. My scuba kit has some little 3 lb weights in there as well. I may get a couple of those out once I can do all the upper body without soreness.

Last edited by cbmare; 11-13-2007 at 12:04 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #64  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
sxul
You will get back with it. Just has to be something you do like breathing lol. I forget to do a lot of things. I forget to eat, ...
What?! I'll forget to pay my taxes before I'll forget to eat!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #65  
veronica65

I have been doing the WATP Express, but using 5 lb weights, except for the toning belt part. Its the only one that I have so far!!! I love it, it gives me a break from my treadmill, and passes by quickly, and is a good workout, if you really put out while doing it. I am aiming for 5 miles everyday til christmas, along with whatever else I feel like that I'm up to adding, if any everyday to that amount of distance. lol
But I have been trying to do a 30 min of burn it up slim in 6, to tone up too.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #66  
Sally

shy -

thanks... and i forget to pee a lot... i know... bad habit that has led to many a UTI... you'd think i'd learn lol.

my co-worker and i went on a walk around the base after lunch... my pedometer is up to over 3 miles so far for today

after work i'm going to target, then going home, doing the 1m maybe try the 2m after if i'm up to it, then watching my soaps and visiting a friend to drop off some flyers (i promote at a club around here in DC, so that's also good for walking) and my pilates tape since i never use it anymore
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #67  
I wanna be a loser, too

Gee! I guess I didn't hit the submit button earlier today.

I did the 2 mile Fast Walk this morning. It's a good 30 minute fast paced (boosted walking) workout.

Shy, why don't you stand in front of your kitchen counter. Place your hands on it about shoulder width apart and do some push aways. Do them slowly. If you want it to be more of a challenge, then stand back a bit. It works your abs, arms, upper back, ham strings and calves. You can do just a few at first. I try and do them everytime I'm in the kitchen waiting for something to cook.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #68  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica65 View Post
I am aiming for 5 miles everyday til christmas,

Good Lord! My right calf is starting to tighten up just thinking about 5 miles everyday until Christmas! I think I'd want a wheel chair under the tree for me if I tried that!

Good luck! You certainly sound determined.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM   #69  
I wanna be a loser, too

Shy, I forgot to add - Congrats on another 2 lbs!

How do you attach those cheerleaders?

Last edited by cbmare; 11-17-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #70  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I ordered the 4 mile challenge and Slim 1,2, and 3 mile. Hopefully, I will start exercising reguarly again. >.<
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #71  
I wanna be a loser, too

Shy, I got the PM. I think I understand it. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm glad I suggested the push aways. If you stand out further, it gets much harder. Be sure and have your feet shoulder width apart for better support. If you want more of a challenge, turn to the side and do it one handed. I don't know if that way would hurt your shoulder, so be careful. You can also do that against a wall by just pushing straight in and out.

Also, stand in a doorway and put one hand on each side of the door jamb. Try to push your hands together through the wall. That helps to build up the arms, too.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #72  
I wanna be a loser, too

Shy, I forgot to tell you something. (tee hee hee). I was doing that one time when a show I wanted to watch came on. I did not realize it but boobalah was scanning through the commercials (thank God). I just kept pushing away. I did it for almost 45 minutes straight! I don't think I could use my arms for 2 days!

Last edited by cbmare; 11-14-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #73  
Sally

cb- i did those wall push things when i was waiting for my food to be done in the microwave yesterday.... great idea rather than just standing there

shy- it *is* always better to be in the bathroom when your bladder says it's time to go

as for the walking... in total with work i walked about 8 miles yesterday (i apparently walk around more than i thought i did while at work) which includes my 1 mile video i did. i think i'm going to try the 2 mile one tonight, if i feel up to it... it's all rainy and nasty here... i don't know if i will want to, or if i'll want to do the one mile and just vegetate after
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #74  
I wanna be a loser, too

Shy, it's called a pedometer. I think I have a "get a freebie" site somewhere around here. I'll post it when I find it.

I didn't workout this morning. I want to go home and do a quick 30 minute one today. I'm off tomorrow and will be running around because we are having guests for dinner, but I'll workout before I go.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #75  
Sally

ya it's a pedometer. i paid $9 for mine at target.

i didn't wear it today though.. that's something i am just getting into (tracking how much i walk around the office)