Old 07-26-2007, 01:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default *Another* Turbo Jam Question

So I finally ordered Turbo Jam last week. When I got it I did the Learn and Burn a couple times and finally today did the Cardio Party and the standing part of Ab Jam. I gotta say I was a little dissapointed. It was a fun workout and thoroughly enjoyable but it just wasn't that hard. I was really hoping to barely be keeping up and instead the only time I even found myself breathing hard was during the turbo segment or whatever it's called. Is the whole Turbo Jam series more beginner-intermediate or is the original Cardio Party a little easier?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Remeber that TJ is supposed to be able to be done by just about any fitness level. But if you want something harder, then the other dvds in the series are more challenging. Such as Cardio Party 2, 3, Kick Punch Jam, and Fat Blaster which is made up of mostly turbos
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #3  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I know this post is old but I just wanted to say that the advanced set with the cardio party 2 and 3 are a lot faster/tricky. I can do the first cardio party, and I own the other 2 but just can't keep up with them (yet)

If you like it at all I'd definately check out the advanced set.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #4  

I had the same experience as the OP. I barely broke a sweat with TJ.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #5  

WOW - I have been exercising 20 years and have yet to try a workout where I'm NOT breathing hard. You must be in excellent shape. You can make the workouts harder by squating lower, jumping higher . . . a person can make any workout easier or harder. I wear a heartrate monitor which is so helpful - it lets me know what I need to do - if I need to kick it up a notch or bring it down some. Cardio Party 1 & 2, even though they are shorter, I do burn just as many calories as I do Cardio Party 3 and Kick 'n Core - but I do like the last two better.

That being said, not all workouts are for everyone and if you aren't going to push play with Turbo Jam, then it's time to find something else. What I like about Turbo Jam is that I burn a lot of calories, it's an interval workout, AND I look forward to doing it - and to me, the last one is the most important of all. I have to want to do the workout.

Another thing you could do is ask on Beachbody dot com message boards - there is one area that an expert will answer your question or you could do a search and find a similiar question as yours. Best of luck to you and congratulations on being a fit person. That is a wonderful thing to be!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #6  
Work it, Girl!!

S/C/G: 160/157.2/115

Height: 5'4''

Honestly, I still find CP 1 pretty challenging...but I've been out of the exercise game for a while, and am just getting my feet wet again. I did feel as though parts of the 20-minute workout were harder than CP 1, though. That seemed odd. . .
humbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I can do CP1 but it's a lot of work... I think TJ burns about 700 an hour for me? But then again I am carrying a 100lb backpack while I do it
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote