Old 03-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #46  
Tamara

Height: 5'10''

Default love hip hob abs....but

Hey everyone I am brand new to the site. I decided to join the site because it seems like a place to get support and some great motivation!

Anyways, my question is...does anyone else feel that they are not holding the correct muscles to get the benifit of the hip hop abs dvd's?

I've been doing it for 2 weeks (6 days a week) and I don't sweat like the people on the dvd...and my abs don't hurt. I feel a little tightness and that is it. I am forever trying to keep my core tight...but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.

Anyone have any tips?
SuburbanDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #47  

Hi NubianQueen, I got my HHA DVD's yesterday and did it last night. I watched his secret to HHA DVD first and it took me a little longer to feel like I got it, although in doing the one DVDs, I couldn't quite tuck and tighten while moving like he does, so I just kept pushing my breath out (like his example...when you were a kid and blew your breath on a mirror), but blowing your breath out hard (I did it through clenched teeth...for some reason that helped me) and when I felt how that tightened my abs, I held that tuck/tighten and moved. I did sweat, but not like he did. Just like the one lady in the video, she said it doesn't matter that we might not look like them when they do it, just keep moving and holding in your abs.
I'm sure you'll begin to feel it soon. In fact, I'm trying to hold it in and tighten on a regular basis...sitting at my desk, walking to my car, etc...
I hope something I wrote might help. I'm still new and still learning too.
LisaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:46 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'6"

Question

Hi Rachelle. I noticed what you said about Beachbody forums and decided to check them out. I couldn't figure out how to access them.
ladyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #49  
dancing pig

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5' 6"

Question HHA as your only workout routine?

Hi all,

I'm a virgin to exercise videos and buying stuff off TV... but I just saw the HHA informercials on TV and that got me pumped! I came across this forums while trying to find reviews on it, and the postings have been pretty helpful so far!

Everyone seems to be enjoying the videos, so I am almost certain I will get them. I have a few questions though:

1. I don't already have a workout regiment, and I'm not really looking to start one, since I do dance about 5 days a week (ballroom... although only 2 of the days actually get me sweating. The other days my coach works on technique.) Will HHA suffice as my only routine, or should I wait for another more motivating, full body workout video?

2. cjlafaye you mentioned that the level 2 videos are similar to level 1 but more fast paced. How much faster is it? Will I get lost if I skip to level 2 right away? I will start from level 1 if you think it would be better for me to... but I dance, I learn really fast and I get bored easily, so I wonder if it would be a good idea skip to the next level immediately. Then again, I don't want to be in over my head though...

3. Does HHA only do good on abs? I have thunder thighs that I need to get rid of as well.

For some reason, TJ, YBB and Core Rhythms don't get me as excited about them as HHA did, and I don't think I will be motivated enough to start/continue with those programs. And money is tight. So it might be HHA or nothing...

How's everyone else's results on HHA? I come from a large family, so I've never worried about my weight much, especially when I seem a little smaller as compared to some of them (!!!). Losing 10 lbs would be great, losing 20 would be freaking awesome, but I guess just having a workout routine is healthier than nothing at all... Although $60 for 3-5 lbs is kinda pricey... Especially when I'm a skeptic and don't really believe the stuff they sell on TV would ever work, so it's hard to make me part with my money.

Work hard, ladies!
ice1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #50  

ladyfrog - try this link: http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums or go to beachbody dot com and under "choose a product" go all the way to the bottom and it should say Message Boards - that will take you there and you can pick which program forum to visit.

ice1983 - if you are getting your heartrate up two days a week, I would add in HHA on two or three more days for sure - four if you want with one day rest. It gets my heart rate up but not as much as Turbo Jam does (but someone else said HHA had her HR up more then TJ so it will depend on the person). I had to stop HHA as it hurt my shoulder. I always recommend getting the first set of ANYTHING to get the form down - no matter how advance of an exerciser a person is. I did Taebo for six years when I started TJ. Even though it was still a kickboxing workout, I started with the basics and did the Learn & Burn many times before moving on to the 20 Minute. It is always, always the best thing to get the form down on any workout before doing the more advanced. You might think you've got it and can catch on quick, but if you are doing the faster workouts, it might not be so and you end up injurying yourself. VERY COOL on the ballroom dancing!!!! Hubby and I have taken dance lessons three times through our marriage and once the kids are older, I'd like to take them again - if you don't use it, you lose it and we don't "use it".

Shaun T is a hoot - at first, I was thinking this guy is way too cocky for me but the more workouts I did, the more he grew on me.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #51  

Height: 5'0

So I just ordered HHA. I love to dance and so i am really excited about trying this work out. I will defenately post a review of it as soon as I get it. Then maybe another a week after contiuous use. Good luck with all of your wieght loss endeavors.

lylmoma16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #52  
dancing pig

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Rachelle,

Very good advice, thanks! I just submitted my order, and I'll let you know what I think soon as I try them out!

Shaun reminds me of my old Hip Hop instructor (I did that for a year before Ballroom... I switched when my instructor moved away and I couldn't find anyone else as awesome as he was), so I'm sure I'll have a blast!

Definitely go back to Ballroom if you can. It's tons of fun! My coach focuses on technique, posture, and how to be a better dancer/athelete in general instead of focusing on steps and figures, and I've benefited a lot more from it than I expected. Hopefully when you go back and do it again, you'll find an amazing instructor who can motivate you like mine does for me!
ice1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #53  

I really like the HHA DVD. I did the level 1 once and then tried the level 2 and have not gone back since. The level 2 really pushes me and at this point, I can complete the whole cardio routine only by substituting a few of the lower intensity moves. I tried the dance choreography routine and it was so much fun... maybe I will be able to dance like these people one of these days LOL.

My shoulder didn't hurt but my back did... I think I was a little to energetic with the tilt/tuck/tighten... you definitely want to ease into it because for me, the constant activity with the back is not normal.

Last edited by Amped; 03-27-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #54  

I really like this routine also. I've done the Fat Burning Cardio 3 times and I'll try the Total Body Burn tomorrow. I'm not much of a dancer so many of these moves are new to me and make the time go by really fast. I'm finding Shaun T is easy to follow and he's really upbeat and funny. This is the first routine in a long time I haven't dreaded going back to. Of course, it's only been a few days but I'm hoping this is one that will keep me motivated! I have to keep reminding myself to tighten my abs during the routine but it gets easier each time. Thankfully there's no mirror near my workout area because I'm sure I look NOTHING like the people on the DVD as I'm following along I'm doing the 6 day slimdown too, hoping a jumpstart will keep me on track. I really enjoy reading everyone's stories, it's a help!
Burgundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #55  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Turbo Jam and HipHopAbs

Hi All!

I've been doing Turbo Jam and loving it since last summer. I do many other workout DVDs, too, and recently bought HipHopAbs. I got it today and did the first workout. FUN!!!!

Shawn T. is a GREAT instructor! He loves what he does and wants US to love it, too! I'm hooked after just one session!

My goals are to develop my abs, but also to learn how to be more coordinated and to practice making my body connect with my mind!

HHA and TJ are FUN! The time goes by so quickly, and I feel so much more coordinated after I practice them.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #56  
Caribbean Princess

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

I am sooo excited. This is my very first post here at 3FC and you guys are really motivating me. My weight has been like a roller coaster and its great to know that I'm not alone. I just ordered HHA and can't wait to try it. I'll keep you all posted and wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. We can do it ladies!!! No pain, No gain!!
lesleynejsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #57  
Caribbean Princess

Sorry for this post, just trying out my lil ticker here.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #58  
WW Moderator

Glad to have you here! Good luck!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #59  

New to the site but came across this and had to respond. I ordered the HHA and did not like them at all. Not a good workout to me. I also have a little issue with sciatica and it had been doing good until I did this video and had flared up really bad because of the movements. Sent it back and got a refund. I absolutely love all of beachbody products except this one. It was not worth the money. All the videos were pretty much the same. Thanks and hope this helps.
lolmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #60  
Caribbean Princess

Hey Guys,

I got my hha videos and started my workout yesterday. I actually really liked it. Took a little getting into but before I knew it I was jammin along with Shawn T and everyone else. Surprised the heck outta me, lol. Well I'm getting ready for my 2nd day of hha workout. I'll keep you guys posted. Till next time, stay true to yourself, you're the only one that will.