3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Beachbody Hip Hop Abs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/103595-beachbody-hip-hop-abs.html)

Burgundee 03-11-2007 06:29 PM

Hi Everyone!

This looks like a great site! I just found it today when I searched Hip Hop Abs. Saw the infomercial this morning and got motivated to do something about my much neglected abs... and thighs... and butt etc etc. It was interesting reading all your comments - thanks! - and I'm about to order. I'll check back in after I get started!

WW lifer 03-11-2007 09:54 PM

Hey Burgundee!

Keep us posted on how you like them!

Cathie 03-11-2007 09:59 PM

I just did mine for the first time yesterday. The work out is a LOT of fun but I'm sooooo sore today. Be careful with your neck and lower back as you do this. And stretch-stretch-stretch before and after because my shoulders are killing me.

Randa Lynn 03-12-2007 12:58 PM

Hello everyone, I'm 21 years old and I'm a 156 lbs (YUK!) I started dating my
(junk food/fast food loving) bf about 3 years ago (135 lbs) and it seems ever since then the lbs just started going up up and up! It didn't help too much that I started by great DESK JOB (Boo!) I can see now its been really hard to lose the lbs ( I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week). I saw the HHA infomercial on TV and was hooked, I love to dance and I always notice when I go out dancing after a long time im hurting in the morning so when I saw this workout I knew it was for me! Im really exicted to start, I just got my shipping confirmation today and hope to start before the end of the week! I will keep in touch with my progress and can't wait to hear all of your sucess stories!

Tootles-Randa Lynn

Angelmsk 03-12-2007 09:25 PM

I came across this forum the same way. I just ordered HHA today and should get them within 5 to 7 business days. I was always asking myself how do I get rid of the belly rolls without doing floor work and one morning my husband was sleeping and the channel he was on showed the infomercial. I wanted to find out what others thought and well here I am....I tend to blab A LOT.
Anyway I think this is a great site (it's kept me from snacking to much while sitting at my second job)

Homemommie 03-14-2007 02:44 PM

I just ordered both HHA (this weekend) and TJ (today). I can't wait for them to come. They both look like a lot of fun.

In the mean time I have been walking 2-4 miles a day as I ease back into working out.

cjlafaye 03-14-2007 04:41 PM

HEY HOMEMOMMIE :hug:

IT IS REALLY A GOOD COMBO FOR SURE.. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER. I TEND TO STRUGGLE WITH KEEPING THE "CORE" ENGAGED, WHICH IS THE CENTRAL POINT IN BOTH SERIES. I FIND WITH HHA, IT MUCH EASIER TO HAVE INTENDED ENGAGEMENT OF THE CORE.. THERE ARE SO MANY MOVES IN TJ THAT I FORGET TO TUCK MY TUMMY IN SOMETIMES:)

LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE THEM.. HOW IS IT GOING FOR ANYONE ELSE:?:

Burgundee 03-15-2007 07:18 PM

I'm waiting for mine to arrive, the package shipped on Monday. With any luck maybe tomorrow. Of course, I COULD get started with something else in the meantime. Ugh. I need some motivation!!! You would think that my many pairs of too tight jeans would be enough to get me moving. I'm thinking that once I get started if I see some quick results that will keep me on track. I hope so!! I applaud all of you who are already in a routine. I plan to be joining you soon! :woohoo:

Breezee 03-16-2007 06:24 PM

Does anyone have details about the choreography? Is it complex enough to keep a dancer from getting bored? I've seen the infomercial a few times but just can't convince myself that I'll want to do them over and over.

I used to do some of the MTV Grind videos back in the day... heck I still have two of the routines completely memorized now that I think about it... so I need something that's at least that complex or I'll get bored.

cjlafaye 03-17-2007 12:18 AM

HEY BREEZE :hug:

I THINK ON EACH OF THE DVD'S IS A DANCE ROUTINE THAT YOU CAN LEARN THAT IS SEPERATE FROM THE WORKOUT ITSELF... HAVE YOU DONE THE CARMEN ELECTRA HIP HOP VIDEO?? IF YOU HAVE IT IS WAY MORE COMPLEX THAN THAT AND WAY COOLER... I LOVE IT!!

I DID THE HIPS, BUNS AND THIGHS TODAY..I REALLY FEEL IT.. I LIKE DOING THE 5 MIN ABS DVD AT THE END OF ANY WORKOUT THAT I DO.. I DONT FEEL THAT I ENGAGE THE CORE NEARLY ENOUGH AND THE 5 MIN ONE FORCES YOU TOO..

thiessy 03-18-2007 05:25 AM

Hello everyone!!

I ordered hip hop abs yesterday. I have been doing SI6 but it bores me. Hopefully this is more exciting.

RachelleS 03-18-2007 03:03 PM

thiessy - I never tried Sin6 but did do the Slim Series rotation . . . to me, HHA is much funnier. I liked Debbie alot but those workouts bored me quickly. I'm surprised I made it the whole rotation. Project You bored me too although again, I like Kathy Smith alot and have quite a few of her workouts (other then her flirting with the men in some workouts ;).)

I never got bored from Turbo Jam or Tae Bo and I've just tried a few HHA - it has more movement or energy that makes the time go by faster. It's hard to explain. Good luck!

Rachelle

LisaSue 03-19-2007 10:09 AM

Well, I guess I can join in here, I too just ordered the Hip Hop Abs yesterday and I'm hoping these won't sit and collect dust neither. I'm excited about this series! I'm able to get my abs in shape a lot quicker than the hips and thigh area, but along with the series that I ordered, a free DVD of Hips & Thigh workout will be included. Maybe I'll stay motivated, the music and upbeat personalities that are on this DVD, just might be my answer. I can't quite get back into the treadmill routine lately. I can't stay focused, watching the news at 5:00 AM and speed walking....it's not working for me any longer. I have too many exercise videos and keep telling myself that "This is the last I'm going to order" and then I don't like them for one reason or another. I couldn't get into Yoga Booty Ballet, nor was I able to get into Chalene's TB videos, but my sister loves Chalene and she's exercising and doing great.
I'd love to hear more success stories with those using any of these tapes. And how long it's taken you before you noticed a diff. in your body. My biggest mistake...no patience. I'm learning....well, I'm trying to be more patient.

curlyblonde 03-21-2007 11:10 PM

Hip Hop Abs

Well since I never heard any response to my post I guess no one has had any financial issues with Beach Body. I guess I will order these tapes since everyone seems to love the tapes.:carrot:

RachelleS 03-21-2007 11:26 PM

Curlyblonde, some have problems, some don't. I want the workouts from them so I order on a chance. HHA I had more problems then I have before when I ordered on the internet - I pressed submit but it just brought me back to the orginal order page so I submitted again. Long story short, I had two orders but was never given a chance to order the second level 2 package that I wanted. After speaking to their foreign customer service department, I was given the American one and after two people there, found my hero who made it all better so it worked out in the end.

Since there is no other place but BB to order right now, it depends on how bad you want them. I don't like them as much as I do turbo jam but I like the idea of working my stomach without doing crunches. I actually like the 5 minute workout the best so far. I hurt my shoulder doing HHA and so I've laid off of them the past few days. I would also check BB forums - Shaun even posts on the Hip Hop Abs one.

Rachelle