Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #16  
PLady

S/C/G: 305/237/170

Height: 5'9"

Howdy!
No, I decided not to buy it right now. I will keep it in mind, tho. I have started going to the tanning bed again, so that will help with my self esteem.

I typed up a long post the other night, then lost it. I get so irritated when that happens. I need to retype it.... someday.

Thanks for being there for me. It was a rough weekend. =)
PLady100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #17  
Waiting to Grow Up!

PLady100 -- If you decide to buy, they will be waiting for you! I always feel better when I have some color too but have been experimenting with the sunless stuff. Not a lot of success there! It is frustrating when a post vanishes into where ever land! I dont type very fast so usually type a shorter post the next time.

-darlene-
ReachingZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/180/115

Height: 5'2"

i just purchased the HHA's last night, i can't wait to get them in!! i have turbo jam and i really enjoy it, so i can't wait to add HHA to my fun!
oliviaCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #19  

I ordered HHA yesterday and went googling to see if I could find any information on them. Sounds like some people here are enjoying the workouts, so that is good news.

Plady100 - I noticed that you have lost 68 pounds, great job! I am also 5'9" and was 305 pounds when I started the South Beach Diet a few weeks ago. I'm down to 289 now. Not a huge change, but I am happy for every pound I can lose. What diet/exercise plan are you using?
ThatPoshGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'6"

Wink hiphop abs

Well, I' ve decided to order HHA and try it. I love dance and this guy is a professional choreographer as well as fitness expert. The movements have a style to them that seems engaging. So we'll see if it lives up to my expectations.

Last edited by ladyfrog; 02-25-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add slider
ladyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #21  

Got mine in the mail last night and gave them a try today. Wow! I'm not sure my form was correct for much of the "dance", but boy could I feel it in my stomach (and I didn't think there were any muscles left in there LOL!).
galinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #22  
BBW from Detroit

Default Hello Everyone!

MY LORD RACHELLE S. SOOO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR GRANDMOTHER HUN AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. JUST REMEMBER GOD WILL NOT PUT MORE ON YOU THAN YOU CAN BEAR..

YOU LOOK FABULOUS BY THE WAY, LOVE THE NEW PIC!!! YOU ARE STILL MY INSPIRATION SUGE I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH TJ. I JUST ORDERED THE HIP HOP ABS ON SUNDAY! I CANT WAIT TO TRY IT.

SO GLAD YOU ALL ARE HERE SO WE CAN START THE JOURNEY TOGETHER

Last edited by cjlafaye; 02-28-2007 at 08:34 AM.
cjlafaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'1 3/4"

Has anyone actually lost weight or seen the results that they claim? 3 inches in 6 days??
Cathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #24  
New to New York

S/C/G: 212/199/155

Height: 5'5

Smile New to this

Hi everybody,
I found this site when I was looking for information on the new Hip Hop Abs. I just moved to New York from Los Angeles and I've been trying to get on track with some sort of work out plan. I've already lost about 15 lbs just with the life style change ( I walk EVERYWHERE!) There are soooo many stairs on those subways....anywho.....running for subways is not doing enough to get me in shape so now I am trying....once again for the umpteenth time to take it seriously. When I lived in LA I would just drive to the nearest Ballys...but out here the nearest Ballys is a train and a bus ride away. There's a Curves around the corner but they seem to want soooo much for soooo little. So I am turning to the tapes! Although I have the whole Tae Bo boot camp set, I put it in last week and couldn't even keep up with the intro! However, today I saw the hip hip abs work out and honestly, I was on my feet with the infommercial! So I'm real excited about this but I don't want this to be another thing that I start and don't finish. I NEED SUPPORT! I am hoping to connect with some good people so I can stay motivated to reach my goal weight. So....here I go!
sokaqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:39 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlafaye View Post
MY LORD RACHELLE S. SOOO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR GRANDMOTHER HUN AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. JUST REMEMBER GOD WILL NOT PUT MORE ON YOU THAN YOU CAN BEAR..

YOU LOOK FABULOUS BY THE WAY, LOVE THE NEW PIC!!! YOU ARE STILL MY INSPIRATION SUGE I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH TJ. I JUST ORDERED THE HIP HOP ABS ON SUNDAY! I CANT WAIT TO TRY IT.

SO GLAD YOU ALL ARE HERE SO WE CAN START THE JOURNEY TOGETHER
Thank you cjlafaye!!!! I appreciate your post so very much. I am starting to feel alot better since my procedure - holy smokes, it took two weeks!!!!! I am planning to start exercising again Monday. Hopefully my belly button will be healed enough to try another Hip Hop Abs workout - I've only tried the one so far. Some people are adding the HHA at the end of their TJ workout and I might try that since my tummy area is a big problem of mine . Thanks for the compliments on my pic too! That was taken for our Christmas card, I just cut the family out. I don't have my picture taken too often. Glad you are still enjoying TJ! Did you get the newest workouts? I LOVE Kick n Core.

Take care! Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:06 AM   #26  

Smile Hip Hop Abs

I am interested in purchasing Hip Hop Abs! There is some bad press on Beach Body and their accounting practices. Has anyone had any trouble? Now for those of you who have used the product for a few weeks do you noticed results?
curlyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #27  

I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews when you all get your sets. I'm on the verge of ordering. I have rubberized mat to lay in my exercise room, Maybe ordering will be my reward. (Even the carrot's doing HHA.)
WW lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #28  
BBW from Detroit

RACHELLE S... I havent bought anymore of the TJ series. I am too in love with the ones i have!

i love the hip hop abs sista's!!!! it is so much fun!! it really works the core. if you have serious stomach issues(like me) then you would really benefit from it. but for serious tj jammers, i would suggest getting the max results package 1st. it is more on the level and intensity of tj.

can i just say by the way that Shaun T. is hot!!! not bad to look at when he does that tilt tuck and tighten!!

Last edited by cjlafaye; 03-07-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'6"

Question hip hop abs advanced set

cjlafaye,

sounds like you have both sets of hip hop abs--i just got the first one

how do they compare? is the second one really all that different? and worth spending another $60?

and what about the weight gloves that come with the second set--whats that about?

sounds like you have a lot of experience so i appreciate your opinion
ladyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:17 AM   #30  
BBW from Detroit

HEY LADY FROG

YES, I DO HAVE BOTH SETS. I HAVE DONE 2 VIDEOS AND HAVE WATCHED THE REST. THE BASIC SET I THINK IS FINE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS JUST STARTING A NEW WORKOUT REGIMINE. THE FIRST SET IS STILL NOTHING TO PLAY WITH, IT CAN BE REALLY TOUGH IF YOU REALLY FOCUS ON EVERY MOVEMENT BEING AS INTENSE AS SHAUN IS DEMONSTATING. THE SECOND SET REALLY IS THE SAME THING THAT YOU LEARNED IN THE BASIC, NO REALLY DIFFERENT MOVES, BUT IT IS MUCH FASTER PACED.

THE WEIGHTED GLOVES IS WHAT PULLED ME INTO BUYING THE WHOLE SET, I WANTED THEM SINCE MY EARLY TURBO JAM DAYS BUT DIDNT WANT TO PAY THE $20 PLUS SHIPPING. I LIKE THEM, ALTHOUGH THEY FELT KIND OF AWKWARD AT FIRST.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE WORKOUT...