3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Beachbody Hip Hop Abs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/103595-beachbody-hip-hop-abs.html)

thiessy 03-18-2007 05:25 AM

Hello everyone!!

I ordered hip hop abs yesterday. I have been doing SI6 but it bores me. Hopefully this is more exciting.

RachelleS 03-18-2007 03:03 PM

thiessy - I never tried Sin6 but did do the Slim Series rotation . . . to me, HHA is much funnier. I liked Debbie alot but those workouts bored me quickly. I'm surprised I made it the whole rotation. Project You bored me too although again, I like Kathy Smith alot and have quite a few of her workouts (other then her flirting with the men in some workouts ;).)

I never got bored from Turbo Jam or Tae Bo and I've just tried a few HHA - it has more movement or energy that makes the time go by faster. It's hard to explain. Good luck!

Rachelle

LisaSue 03-19-2007 10:09 AM

Well, I guess I can join in here, I too just ordered the Hip Hop Abs yesterday and I'm hoping these won't sit and collect dust neither. I'm excited about this series! I'm able to get my abs in shape a lot quicker than the hips and thigh area, but along with the series that I ordered, a free DVD of Hips & Thigh workout will be included. Maybe I'll stay motivated, the music and upbeat personalities that are on this DVD, just might be my answer. I can't quite get back into the treadmill routine lately. I can't stay focused, watching the news at 5:00 AM and speed walking....it's not working for me any longer. I have too many exercise videos and keep telling myself that "This is the last I'm going to order" and then I don't like them for one reason or another. I couldn't get into Yoga Booty Ballet, nor was I able to get into Chalene's TB videos, but my sister loves Chalene and she's exercising and doing great.
I'd love to hear more success stories with those using any of these tapes. And how long it's taken you before you noticed a diff. in your body. My biggest mistake...no patience. I'm learning....well, I'm trying to be more patient.

curlyblonde 03-21-2007 11:10 PM

Hip Hop Abs

Well since I never heard any response to my post I guess no one has had any financial issues with Beach Body. I guess I will order these tapes since everyone seems to love the tapes.:carrot:

RachelleS 03-21-2007 11:26 PM

Curlyblonde, some have problems, some don't. I want the workouts from them so I order on a chance. HHA I had more problems then I have before when I ordered on the internet - I pressed submit but it just brought me back to the orginal order page so I submitted again. Long story short, I had two orders but was never given a chance to order the second level 2 package that I wanted. After speaking to their foreign customer service department, I was given the American one and after two people there, found my hero who made it all better so it worked out in the end.

Since there is no other place but BB to order right now, it depends on how bad you want them. I don't like them as much as I do turbo jam but I like the idea of working my stomach without doing crunches. I actually like the 5 minute workout the best so far. I hurt my shoulder doing HHA and so I've laid off of them the past few days. I would also check BB forums - Shaun even posts on the Hip Hop Abs one.

Rachelle

SuburbanDiva 03-23-2007 06:06 AM

love hip hob abs....but

Hey everyone I am brand new to the site. I decided to join the site because it seems like a place to get support and some great motivation!

Anyways, my question is...does anyone else feel that they are not holding the correct muscles to get the benifit of the hip hop abs dvd's?

I've been doing it for 2 weeks (6 days a week) and I don't sweat like the people on the dvd...and my abs don't hurt. I feel a little tightness and that is it. I am forever trying to keep my core tight...but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.

Anyone have any tips?:dizzy:

LisaSue 03-23-2007 08:37 AM

Hi NubianQueen, I got my HHA DVD's yesterday and did it last night. I watched his secret to HHA DVD first and it took me a little longer to feel like I got it, although in doing the one DVDs, I couldn't quite tuck and tighten while moving like he does, so I just kept pushing my breath out (like his example...when you were a kid and blew your breath on a mirror), but blowing your breath out hard (I did it through clenched teeth...for some reason that helped me) and when I felt how that tightened my abs, I held that tuck/tighten and moved. I did sweat, but not like he did. Just like the one lady in the video, she said it doesn't matter that we might not look like them when they do it, just keep moving and holding in your abs.
I'm sure you'll begin to feel it soon. In fact, I'm trying to hold it in and tighten on a regular basis...sitting at my desk, walking to my car, etc...
I hope something I wrote might help. I'm still new and still learning too.

ladyfrog 03-24-2007 06:46 AM

Hi Rachelle. I noticed what you said about Beachbody forums and decided to check them out. I couldn't figure out how to access them.:carrot:

ice1983 03-24-2007 05:01 PM

HHA as your only workout routine?

Hi all,

I'm a virgin to exercise videos and buying stuff off TV... but I just saw the HHA informercials on TV and that got me pumped! I came across this forums while trying to find reviews on it, and the postings have been pretty helpful so far!

Everyone seems to be enjoying the videos, so I am almost certain I will get them. I have a few questions though:

1. I don't already have a workout regiment, and I'm not really looking to start one, since I do dance about 5 days a week (ballroom... although only 2 of the days actually get me sweating. The other days my coach works on technique.) Will HHA suffice as my only routine, or should I wait for another more motivating, full body workout video?

2. cjlafaye you mentioned that the level 2 videos are similar to level 1 but more fast paced. How much faster is it? Will I get lost if I skip to level 2 right away? I will start from level 1 if you think it would be better for me to... but I dance, I learn really fast and I get bored easily, so I wonder if it would be a good idea skip to the next level immediately. Then again, I don't want to be in over my head though...

3. Does HHA only do good on abs? I have thunder thighs that I need to get rid of as well.

For some reason, TJ, YBB and Core Rhythms don't get me as excited about them as HHA did, and I don't think I will be motivated enough to start/continue with those programs. And money is tight. So it might be HHA or nothing...

How's everyone else's results on HHA? I come from a large family, so I've never worried about my weight much, especially when I seem a little smaller as compared to some of them (!!!). Losing 10 lbs would be great, losing 20 would be freaking awesome, but I guess just having a workout routine is healthier than nothing at all... Although $60 for 3-5 lbs is kinda pricey... Especially when I'm a skeptic and don't really believe the stuff they sell on TV would ever work, so it's hard to make me part with my money.

:carrot: Work hard, ladies! :cb:

RachelleS 03-25-2007 07:04 PM

ladyfrog - try this link: http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums or go to beachbody dot com and under "choose a product" go all the way to the bottom and it should say Message Boards - that will take you there and you can pick which program forum to visit.

ice1983 - if you are getting your heartrate up two days a week, I would add in HHA on two or three more days for sure - four if you want with one day rest. It gets my heart rate up but not as much as Turbo Jam does (but someone else said HHA had her HR up more then TJ so it will depend on the person). I had to stop HHA as it hurt my shoulder. I always recommend getting the first set of ANYTHING to get the form down - no matter how advance of an exerciser a person is. I did Taebo for six years when I started TJ. Even though it was still a kickboxing workout, I started with the basics and did the Learn & Burn many times before moving on to the 20 Minute. It is always, always the best thing to get the form down on any workout before doing the more advanced. You might think you've got it and can catch on quick, but if you are doing the faster workouts, it might not be so and you end up injurying yourself. VERY COOL on the ballroom dancing!!!! Hubby and I have taken dance lessons three times through our marriage and once the kids are older, I'd like to take them again - if you don't use it, you lose it and we don't "use it". ;)

Shaun T is a hoot - at first, I was thinking this guy is way too cocky for me but the more workouts I did, the more he grew on me.

Rachelle

lylmoma16 03-26-2007 01:48 PM

So I just ordered HHA. I love to dance and so i am really excited about trying this work out. I will defenately post a review of it as soon as I get it. Then maybe another a week after contiuous use. Good luck with all of your wieght loss endeavors.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar059...lb/0/40/0/.png

ice1983 03-26-2007 07:46 PM

Hi Rachelle,

Very good advice, thanks! I just submitted my order, and I'll let you know what I think soon as I try them out!

Shaun reminds me of my old Hip Hop instructor (I did that for a year before Ballroom... I switched when my instructor moved away and I couldn't find anyone else as awesome as he was), so I'm sure I'll have a blast!

Definitely go back to Ballroom if you can. It's tons of fun! My coach focuses on technique, posture, and how to be a better dancer/athelete in general instead of focusing on steps and figures, and I've benefited a lot more from it than I expected. Hopefully when you go back and do it again, you'll find an amazing instructor who can motivate you like mine does for me!

Amped 03-27-2007 06:43 PM

I really like the HHA DVD. I did the level 1 once and then tried the level 2 and have not gone back since. The level 2 really pushes me and at this point, I can complete the whole cardio routine only by substituting a few of the lower intensity moves. I tried the dance choreography routine and it was so much fun... maybe I will be able to dance like these people one of these days LOL.

My shoulder didn't hurt but my back did... I think I was a little to energetic with the tilt/tuck/tighten... you definitely want to ease into it because for me, the constant activity with the back is not normal.

Burgundee 03-27-2007 07:55 PM

I really like this routine also. I've done the Fat Burning Cardio 3 times and I'll try the Total Body Burn tomorrow. I'm not much of a dancer so many of these moves are new to me and make the time go by really fast. I'm finding Shaun T is easy to follow and he's really upbeat and funny. This is the first routine in a long time I haven't dreaded going back to. Of course, it's only been a few days but I'm hoping this is one that will keep me motivated! I have to keep reminding myself to tighten my abs during the routine but it gets easier each time. Thankfully there's no mirror near my workout area because I'm sure I look NOTHING like the people on the DVD as I'm following along :lol: I'm doing the 6 day slimdown too, hoping a jumpstart will keep me on track. I really enjoy reading everyone's stories, it's a help!

Cheryl14 03-27-2007 11:47 PM

Turbo Jam and HipHopAbs

Hi All!

I've been doing Turbo Jam and loving it since last summer. I do many other workout DVDs, too, and recently bought HipHopAbs. I got it today and did the first workout. FUN!!!!

Shawn T. is a GREAT instructor! He loves what he does and wants US to love it, too! I'm hooked after just one session!

My goals are to develop my abs, but also to learn how to be more coordinated and to practice making my body connect with my mind!

HHA and TJ are FUN! The time goes by so quickly, and I feel so much more coordinated after I practice them.

Cheryl

lesleynejsmom 04-01-2007 11:59 PM

I am sooo excited. This is my very first post here at 3FC and you guys are really motivating me. My weight has been like a roller coaster and its great to know that I'm not alone. I just ordered HHA and can't wait to try it. I'll keep you all posted and wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. We can do it ladies!!! No pain, No gain!!

lesleynejsmom 04-02-2007 12:01 AM

Sorry for this post, just trying out my lil ticker here. :)

Jennifer 3FC 04-02-2007 11:36 PM

:wel3fc:

Glad to have you here! Good luck! :)

lolmos 04-11-2007 08:31 AM

New to the site but came across this and had to respond. I ordered the HHA and did not like them at all. Not a good workout to me. I also have a little issue with sciatica and it had been doing good until I did this video and had flared up really bad because of the movements. Sent it back and got a refund. I absolutely love all of beachbody products except this one. It was not worth the money. All the videos were pretty much the same. Thanks and hope this helps.

lesleynejsmom 04-11-2007 09:25 AM

Hey Guys,

I got my hha videos and started my workout yesterday. I actually really liked it. Took a little getting into but before I knew it I was jammin along with Shawn T and everyone else. Surprised the heck outta me, lol. Well I'm getting ready for my 2nd day of hha workout. I'll keep you guys posted. Till next time, stay true to yourself, you're the only one that will.

ev855 04-13-2007 12:28 PM

Hi Sokaqt!

I'm a former Brooklyn girl - lived there all my life. Now I'm in CT. I miss the city. Never had to use a car - always walked everywhere like you said. I took the train into NYC and would walk to my office everyday.

ev855 04-13-2007 12:31 PM

Hi everyone

Last year when I got TJ, one of the members posted a discount code and I was able to get 15% off. Does anyone have a code for HHA?

Is anyone using TJ ball?

mmnby 04-13-2007 12:38 PM

I'm considering HHA. Currently I'm doing day 7 of slim in 6. I'm enjoying SI6 but the crunches are killing me. I was reading through this thread but couldn't find anyone who posted results. So for the people who are doing or have completed HHA: Are you seeing results? If so how soon can they be expected?

Thanx

Bratney06 12-03-2007 12:25 AM

Hip Hop Abs

I have been so looking forward to the hip hop abs i'm getting it next week. On of my friends got it and lost 2 in in one day i was so shocked!! And she said it was way fun doing it and it came along with a lot of info pamphlets.

Bratney06 12-03-2007 12:28 AM

Does anyone know of promo codes to get this at a lower price?

ladyfirefighter1 04-10-2011 07:41 PM

I have hha workout tapes. haven't done them in a while. But I can't find the workout schedule, of how Shawn tells you what to do everyday. Does anyone have it? If so could you please post it for me? Thank you

Kenni87 04-14-2011 11:51 AM

Shaun T

I love Hip Hop Abs The music is great and Shauns personility is so GREAT He makes you want to push through and finsh =)

seina 05-01-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyfirefighter1 (Post 3801049)
I have hha workout tapes. haven't done them in a while. But I can't find the workout schedule, of how Shawn tells you what to do everyday. Does anyone have it? If so could you please post it for me? Thank you

I don't know if you still need it, but here

Week 1

Fat Burning Cardio
Fat Burning Cardio
Ab Sculpt
Fat Burning Cardio
Fat Burning Cardio
Ab Sculpt
Rest

Week 2

Fat Burning Cardio
Fat Burning Cardio and Ab Sculpt
Ab Sculpt
Rest

Week 3

Total Body Burn
Fat Burning Cardio and Hips, Buns and Thighs
Total Body Burn
Hips, Buns and Thighs

Week 4

Total Body Burn
Total Body Burn
Rest

I've started Hip Hop Abs about two weeks ago, just to add something to my Turbo Jam workouts which are getting really easy (except for Turbo Sculpt! I still sweat and burn so much and I'm using really light weights!). It isn't as compelling as Turbo Jam, but it works my core well (I think).

squishysquirrel 05-02-2011 03:09 PM

I had to quit doing Turbo Jam a few weeks ago because I have patellar laxity and it is killing my right knee. I ordered Hip Hop Abs, got it through expidited shipping, and I did day 3 this morning. I love it so far. Have lost 1.5 inches in since Saturday morning! I noticed on other sites that not many people have actually finished Hip Hop Abs. It seems so fun, and I can't imagine why most people fall off the wagon. I've made a goal to do at least the first month and perhaps add the maximum results month.

seina 05-02-2011 07:43 PM

Hi squishysquirrel! It is fun in it's own way. I like dancing and some of the moves are quite fun to do, but it does get repetitive. And I don't know if it's just me, but time seems to pass slowly when doing Hip Hop Abs. It grew on me though, and I kinda look forward to doing Hip Hop Abs now. Have you tried the 6 minute abs disc? The actual workout is about 5 minutes, but it's very challenging!

pretzel 05-03-2011 09:57 AM

hi it's my day 1 of hiphop abs although I've done this last year (bout 4x only).
and I miss Shaun T!

I'm on my day 4 of 30day shred and I realized I missed Shaun T's fun personality after doing the shred (with Jillian bossing me around haha).

squishysquirrel 05-04-2011 10:07 AM

I haven't tried the 6 minute abs disc. Since last being on here, I've done Ab Sculpt and LOVE it! Can't wait to do it again tomorrow and be done with the first week. So happy that my right knee hasn't been bothering me lately.
My plan is to do Turbo Fire, which I got when it came out last year, once I'm in better shape (starting residency and getting married made me fall off the bandwagon). I probably won't be able to handle Turbo Fire until a few more months, and hopefully my quadricepts will be better (patella laxity is caused by weak quadricepts muscles) so that I won't take a beaten.

squishysquirrel 05-08-2011 09:28 AM

Ok. After a week of Hip Hop Abs, I have lost 3 inches off my waist and 2.5 inches off my dreaded lower pooch. So excited about these results. Weight loss has been slow, but I'm loving the loss of inches. I was able to tighten my belt one loop smaller yesterday.

seina 05-08-2011 08:24 PM

WOW. That's really cool. You did lose inches as advertised (On the beachbody site, they claimed you can lose 3 inches for the first week)!!! I'm so jealous, but really happy for you too :))
I'm about to try Turbo Fire too, but I'm afraid I'm so out of shape. I'm really worried about the 'HIIT' part where they do all that jumping. I'm scared for my knees. I hope I'll be able to start doing Turbo Fire by July though.

squishysquirrel 05-13-2011 08:57 AM

Just an update. I'm on my rest day for week 2 and going to start week 3 tomorrow. I lost an additional 0.5 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my lower pooch for a total of 3.5 inches off my waist and 3.5 inches off my lower pooch after two weeks. Not sure of what my inches lost in other places are or what my body fat is. Once I get through the 4 week program, I'm going to restart Chalean Extreme, which helped me lose a ton of weight in the past. Eventually will start TurboFire, hopefully by September, when I'm in better shape.