Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I did notice at that party that folks think nothing of sending unfinished food back. I wonder how many calories I would have saved if I'd sent back one bite of each thing ... not the peanutbutter dipped in chocolate thing!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #32  

peanutbutter dipped in chocolate thing?? YUM!! I'm going for dinner soon...I must keep it healthy, but chocolate and peanut butter are such a delicious combination.

How does everyone feel about cheat snacks or cheat days or what have you?
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/137/120

Height: 5'5"

For me it's a necessity to have a cheat snack occasionally. Otherwise, I think my binges are worse.
andreavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #34  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Cheat snacks are absolutely necessary, sometimes. Tonight at my church somebody brought a tray of ww crackers topped with some herbed cream cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Fortunately, I had some calories left, so I are a few. I'm not that big on sweets, but that kind of thing really tickles my taste buds.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #35  
Sweet n' Sassy

As you all may know by now, I treat my weekends like cheat days! It's not the best idea though - I usually spend the entire week trying to be super healthy and make up for my indulgences. This week has been good - eating healthy and worked out Monday and Tuesday. Tonight was devoted to groceries, writing xmas cards, shopping, and other misc. errands.

Tomorrow a few of the other associates at my firm are going out for drinks after work...to go or not to go! I'm tempted just for camraderie's sake, but I don't really need the extra calories - and it will likely mean I won't make it to the gym again. Hubby and I have holiday parties on Fri night and Sat night, so I think I should just skip the partying tomorrow and head to the gym.

Anyway, off to bed...Gnite Ladies!
LwyrChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #36  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I'm studying for finals and i'm using exercising and watching what i eat as a procrastination technique. It's only now that the light bulb has gone off and I've decided there's no time like the present to start being serious about losing weight.
At least this time my procrastination doesn't involve sitting on the couch watching Food Network for hours
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #37  

I think my problem with cheat snacks is that they always lead to cravings for more cravings. I will be DONE my first semester's exams tomorrow, and I think I might have to indulge in...hmmm...I'm not sure yet. I will have to give it some thought, and make sure none of that "unworthy" food gets into my magnificent plan of decadence. How elaborate!

Safe planning LwyrChick, have fun at the parties!

nomorefatpants. I LOVE the food network. It doesn't even make me hungry, usually, I just love cooking and baking and all that jazz. I totally know what you mean about the light bulb going off, that's exactly what happened to me, too
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:08 AM   #38  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I can cope with one treat snack every week or so, but if I have more than one snack, like if I have a doughnut AND a chocolate bar, then I find it hard to not to eat junk. However a small piece of chocolate now and again, or half a doughnut is ok. Doughnuts... I had half a Krispy Kreme Mince Pie doughnut at the weekend and it was SO greasy! I really have to remember that I don't like doughnuts. I couldn't get the greasy taste out of my mouth, it was horrid. Now give me a nice piece of chocolate cake however and I'm anybody's!

Ho hum, my legs are still smarting from Tuesday's leg day! I've got 3 hours of training tonight I'm really excited about it! I'm looking forward to it so much! I'm aiming to carb-up and eat plenty this morning so that I don't pass out later on. I was really really hungry this morning for breakfast, so I had 1/2C egg whites scrambled with 1 whole egg, 2 small slices of toast and a small piece of cheese. I'm full to bursting now and I don't feel like snacking on my good carbs! It is only 9am, but usually by this time I feel like a little smackerel of something and have to force myself to wait till 10am! Must eat bigger breakfasts more often!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:14 AM   #39  

I don't plan cheats ... I cheat often enough. Opportunities just arise!

I think the trick is to cheat wisely and stop!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Cheat wisely and stop. That should be our mantra!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #41  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

I should have listened to this wise, wise advice last night. I cheated, but I didn't stop. (There's a country song in here somewhere) I had an unplanned evening snack and thought it would be OK, but I just couldn't stop! Oh, today has been reality and tommorow will be penance.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:14 AM   #42  

My saving grace last night was that when I went to get more ww crackers ... the box was empty!

Becky? Have you tried packaging your food? I've got all kinds of stuff in little baggies and containers. It helps to have a measured snack.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

How is everyone doing? I'm doing well, I just need to stop being lazy & workout atleast 3x a week. I think I will do my Denise Austin abs video in a few so I can feel a little burn. lol.

The holidays are slowly creeping up on us. I will not be restricting myself on Christmas or New Years. but the days before & after, I will be watching what I eat. Also, I plan on drinking on New Years. lol.

I plan on toning up after the New Year beings.
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I need to get moving also. I'm still hoping and praying DD gets her license on Monday so I can start a regular workout on Tuesday. Everybody think good thoughts!!!!!

Have a great day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #45  
Sweet n' Sassy

Morning Ladies!! I'm ecstatic it's Friday and I have only two clients to meet with and no hearings!

Carey, CONGRATS on finishing exams - I remember the relief I always used to feel, esp. after law school exams b/c there is just one final at the end that comprises your entire grade (no pressure.)

I love the phrase "Cheat Wisely and Stop." I think I'll make it my new mantra - I think it's what I practice for the most part, 'cept for those few times when I go nuts.

I haven't been great about working out this week - but I did get all the laundry done, Xmas cards written, hostess gifts for the 3 parties we're going to this weekend bought, car serviced, groceries bought, dog groomed, and dry cleaning picked up...so that's gotta count for something, right?

Have a great day chicks, and if I don't see you, a great weekend as well!
LwyrChick is offline   Reply With Quote