Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:00 AM   #31  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

So this is where the Featherweights REALLY hang out! I've avoided this thread cos I'm not up for a weekly challenge usually, but it seems you guys have turned this into the general thread! How abouts we just do this every week for the chat?

Anyways.... Hello to all the newbies that I've missed (I thought the chat bit was quiet..... )

I'm all motivated, I've got myself a nice little challenge going until Christmas. I have to exercise and eat CONSISTENTLY well and then I'm going to treat myself to a Tiffany's necklace!

I need to think of an incentive to be consistent between Christmas and my birthday, that's the usual bit I have trouble with! Oh well, I think I did ok last year, I seem to remember doing some light jogging and some good eating, so it has been done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiffany.jpg (6.6 KB, 13 views)
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:14 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We're everywhere! You just never know when a featherweight might pop up!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #33  
Ilene the Bean

Oh pretty necklace
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #34  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Beautiful necklace, 2f. And by the way, congratulations on the nuptials!

I will definitely think about you feathers watching me while I'm filling my plate today. That's a good visual, Susan. And I'm going to focus on the noncaloric parts of the holiday, like the walks and board games we do after the meal. This is one day where we spend more time with each other than with our computers and TVs.

Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

We aren't eating until 7 tonight because one of my DDs has to work until then. It actually turned out well because I've been able to pace myself, keep the kitchen clean as I go, and not stress to have it all done by mid-day. I think I like this.

We're having turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, baked sweet potatoes, green beans, and broccoli/rice casserole. Oh and rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with whipped cream and chocolate icebox pie. And all this for FOUR people! We'll have leftovers for days! I'm going to try and contain myself to the turkey, sweet potatoes and green beans. The other stuff is just guaranteed to pack on a pound or two.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #36  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
So this is where the Featherweights REALLY hang out! I've avoided this thread cos I'm not up for a weekly challenge usually, but it seems you guys have turned this into the general thread! How abouts we just do this every week for the chat?
I sort of like the challenge thread because it gives me a place to write down my goals at the beginning of the week and get focused. The rest of the talk during the week seems to blend diet and life in general. I get kinda mixed up hopping between threads, but that's me.

This was the best Thanksgiving I can remember. Now, on to Christmas!
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:29 AM   #37  

I think focus was the thing Ilene aimed for when she started making weekly threads but ... we featherweights are just so darned friendly!! We get chatting any old where!

I'm scrambling to come up with a decent lunch to take to work today. I kinda wish I had some turkey left-overs

Lower body day ... hmmm ....
Old 11-24-2006, 05:45 AM   #38  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I've got turkey with hummus and turkey in a pitta for my 2 afternoon meals. They're not leftovers though, they're bought packets of cooked turkey!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #39  

I have a bought pack of chicken, tuna, salad, dressing (drat I have no cottage cheese) and baby carrots. I made a double shake this morning and I'll take half that with me.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'7"

hey guys,
how was your thanksgiving? did you eat well? or splurge to have a beginning today?
Elynlovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #41  

Work was so deadly boring this afternoon! I actually went outside and did some calf raises on a curb for something to think about.

It is absolutely beautiful here today. In just about 3/4 of a cup of coffee ... I'm going for a walk.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #42  

Thanksgiving was horrible diet wise. Did all my usuall tricks as I do every Thanksgiving despite my good intentions. Stuffed myself till it hurt then took off for the bathroom. Drank too much. Even went out and bought a bottle of wine for home but when I work up to go to work yesterday I flushed it down the toilet. Now that, my friends, is a true miracle. Good news is I am motivated to exersize. Wed I walked on ttreradmill with my MP3 player playing and i enjoyed it. I need some new tunes to work out to.

What does everyone else have on their MP3 players?
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #43  

I have lots of upbeat music that gets me excited and hyper to do anything, or I listen to booktapes!!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote