3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Nov 12th - 19th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/98016-great-featherweight-one-week-challenge-nov-12th-19th.html)

srmb60 11-12-2006 10:21 AM

The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Nov 12th - 19th

Well? what'll it be this week? A little more intense cardio? a little more protein? an extra day of weigh lifting?

According to BFL I'm going to do 3 days of cardio and three days of weights ... two lower body and one upper. And I'm going to eat 5 or 6 small meals that are a combination of carb and lean protein.
Accordin to the Huron Perth Hospitals Alliance, I'm going to work Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
According to my creaky old bones, I'm going to the Chiropractor on Thursday.
Sounds simple right? ;)

Jazzbird 11-12-2006 10:27 AM

Looks like we crossed threads! Susan, let's use yours.

srmb60 11-12-2006 10:29 AM

Oh honey, I'm sorry!
I'm just sitting at the computer instead of doing housework before church :)

Jazzbird 11-12-2006 10:45 AM

It's pretty funny. :D Guess I need my coffee! :dizzy:

Katpo 11-12-2006 10:51 AM

Good morning!

I went to bed with a sore throat and headache, and just woke up with a sore throat. I'd say that's a little improvement, wouldn't you? :lol:

I'm in "birthday countdown" mode starting today ... I had SO wanted to be in the 130s by then but it just doesn't look possible. I'm still hanging at 143-144 so unless that's a whole lot of fluid, I'm not going to make it. Oh well! At least I'm THIS far!

I'll be back in a while after I figure out what I'm eating today.

Ilene 11-12-2006 10:55 AM

Great post Susan!!

I need to eat clean for more than one day at a time :faint:... The weekend has been baaaaad to the bone, food and wine wise ...

This week I'll go run with my buddies rain or shine I haven't run outside with them for at least 5 weeks, I miss them... I've been running on the treadmill and the intensity and the cameraderie is definitely not the same...

Gym 4-5 times is not a problem for me...I know I'll be there!

Den@ 11-12-2006 01:46 PM

My goal this week is to continue to eat right, exercise and drink water until Thanksgiving. (I need to make short goals to motivate myself.)I want to feel and look better at least on that day. I've actually been good over the weekend so far. Even went out to eat. These challenges have helped me tremendously!
Here's to us, Featherweights.
Dena :cool:

Katpo 11-12-2006 03:32 PM

I'm back from a spectacular lunch and am ready to just sit and relax, but that ain't happening. I have a lot of laundry to do. Ugh ... the very LAST thing I want to do.

In a while I'm going to take a walk. If that goes well, I'll think about doing it again sometime this week. That's about as committed as I can get right now.

AgentQ 11-12-2006 04:03 PM

Right. This week I will not eat until I'm too full and I'll get back on drinking 2ltrs of water at my desk during the day. I will go for at least 4 30 minute walks and will get these done in the morning before work. I will not lie on the sofa in my pyjamas watching Jeremy Kyle when I'm on the late shift.

srmb60 11-12-2006 04:12 PM

Welcome AgentQ! Who's Jeremy Kyle?

AgentQ 11-12-2006 04:14 PM

A low-rent English version of Jerry Springer! Oh, the shame!

srmb60 11-12-2006 04:20 PM

Who's the baby's daddy!?

healthywtloss4me 11-12-2006 07:32 PM

Still here

I'm still here ladies. I am down another 1 1/2 pounds. Still not as much exercise as I would like but very few binges. I have been doing really good with abstaining from my pm wine ritual. I want out and bought a book called The Uncommon Drunk. It has been a real eye opener. I am a nurse and never really knew ( selective education?) about what alcohol can truly do to your body. We all know it's bad for your liver but I never even heard of the breakdown enzyme in alcohol called acetaldehyde. It cites a respectable journal that spoke of studies that bathe E. coli cells with this chemical and it grew out cancer like crazy. Alcohol itself is not cancer causing but the breakdown chemicals are. It also goes into media and advertising and it's just very interesting. So i figure if I can just cut out the booze, that in itself will eliminate HUNDREDS of calories daily.
Thats all for now folks.;)

Katpo 11-12-2006 07:47 PM

OMG! That is scary! I have a habit of having beer after work ... now I really have something else to think about (and one more reason to stop doing that). I'll have to see if I can find the book, or maybe just do some internet research on the enzyme. Thanks for the alert.

superstar 11-12-2006 10:27 PM

This week my goal is: to go to the gym for 1 hour 3x this week (M W F). and to FINALLY hit the weights. I'm kind of shy about it because Im intimidated and i feel like people are looking at me funny like they know I dont know what im doing lol.

I have a wedding to go to in February 2007. my birthday is February 7th. by then I want to have reached my goal. which I think is do-able. If I lose my gut by then ill be a happy camper. I havent had ANY children so Im planning on having a FLAT stomach again.