Almost There - November

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Are you almost there? Are you down to the last few stubborn pounds? Or maybe you only have a few pounds to lose? Join us here in Featherweights!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Corny huh? I don't care! I'm glad it is. I didn't really feel like I had my act together and then it was 'eat candy and chips that you bought for small children' day. So ....

Today is the first day of the rest of your life .... that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

What's up for you this November 2006?
  • Hi Susan!

I just came back from vacation (in the US and Canada) and I gained the 2 lbs it took me such a long time to lose . Bah. I came back on Saturday, but I just wasn't feeling motivated enough to get back on the program (I'm doing WW). I'd just been working on maintaining for a few days, and this morning I'm actually feeling I can do it again. Yay! I've also lost 1/2 lb since Saturday, so that helped.

So... here I am. No Halloween here, so no excuses to eat leftover candy! Have a good month, everyone!
  • This month is going to be rough. We took possession of our new house yesterday, and so I know that this week is going to be hard - I don't have my kitchen set up, so healthy food choices will be more difficult, and spending time on moving furniture, unpacking, etc. will make it hard for me to get to the gym. Then, the week of the 13th, we are travelling to visit family & friends - another hard time. But I am determined NOT to use those things as an excuse to let go entirely. . .and I would LIKE to be able to come out of the month not having simply maintained, but at least seeing SOME loss.
  • I have to be really careful this time of year. November kicks off the holiday season around here, and baked goods start to appear as if by magic. Things get going in earnest at Thanksgiving and go full bore through Christmas. So I'm going to deal with this preventatively by increasing my exercise, starting today. I'm also going to rotate workouts for more variety. Happy November, folks!
  • Well I'm starting the month off with a bang!
    Up 2lbs from yesterday after an evening of sushi/wine/halloween chocolates
    Nevermind - it's going to be a successful W/L month.

-S
  • I want to be strong for the month of November. My goal is to eat right, exercise and lose a few pounds before Thanksgiving. So far so good, as I didn't eat any Halloween candy. But as the holidays approach I tend to be more lenient. Can't let that happen.

Question: How do you handle stress? What do you do instead of running to the refrigerator like I do? I figure if I practice another behavior I can start losing again. Thanks for your input.

Dena
  • This month was to be my "goal date", and I am happy to report that I am only a couple of pounds from my first original goal (118). But during these last 10 months of losing I've realized that there really is no such thing as a goal date in a lifestyle change, you just do what you can do to the best of your daily ability, and it will work. The goal date did help me to stay focused though, so for that it did its job.

I am currently on the high end of my new weight (120), and would like to lose 3-5 extra pounds to help cushion the fluctuations of TOM, holidays, and unscheduled days. So my end goal is still 115, and I hope to achieve this by the end of the year. This should help me to stay focused during the holidays . I am losing so slooowly now, so my lifestyle has almost become a pattern of maintenance with calories in vs calories out, allowing a margin for loss.
  • Hi all!

I'm not feeling the Halloween Candy and Thanksgiving pain that you all are! I will be thankful that we don't have thanksgiving though!

2 days to go.... I have not much left to do at all! I have planned and packed all stuff and pretty much have everything, so I am not going to get all panicky and check the packed boxes for stuff I might have missed to go to the reception. If it's not lying around the house then it's in the box!

I've just been handed a HUGE card from the guys at work! Bless! I've gone all red!!

Eating is surprisingly under control, although I am really craving something like chocolate... I might treat myself to something little, but we'll see.
  • Two days! Suddenly that day is right here! Blessings to you jenfrus.
  • Jen--be sure to post a lot of photos from your big day!!!!

I'm planning on easing up on the wine a bit during November so I can make my goal this month. I'm shooting for Thanksgiving, so that's 1 pound per week. Like softballmom, I'm thinking that I may need to adjust my goal down a couple of pounds so that I hover at 135 rather than having 135 as my low. I know I typically go up and down 2 pounds, so I'm thinking I should shoot for 133--that will be my New Year's goal.

I had a good Halloween--no candy, but then the basket of leftover handouts was staring me down yesterday and I managed to eat 4 Reese's PB cups.

Everyone have a great day!
  • Jen -- AWWW, only 2 days to go... Brings tears to my eyes, our little Jen is all grown up and getting married... But seriously, have fun and live in the moment because the day goes by all too fast

November for me is the beginning ot cooking for Christmas so I can get it out of the way for Decembe. but already my calendar is full of work days and I don't have any idea when I will cook... Oh well, c'est la vie, I'll take it one day at a time...

I'd still like to lose a few # before Christmas though too...

Today I got the carpets clean, boy did they need it!! I didn't go to the gym because I stayed home to prepare for the carpet cleaner...Tomorrow is another day food was good though...
  • Guess what? I won't go nuts if I can't get to a scale!
    I've been using the one at work so I can only do that if I'm at work. I always have on running shoes and lightweight scrubs ... so there ya go! Pretty consistent, I think. And I'm not even doing the minus 4 or 5 lbs thing in my head.
    I think I might even shove my scales in the back of a closet.
  • I had some help with pictures today. My son put my before pic in my profile and made an avatar for me. That'd be me between the delicious father of the bride and the lovely bride The two handsome fella's on the left belong to me too.
  • Susan you just GOTTA put an after pic in your profile, we can't see you on the avatar...

I've eaten and drank way too much wine this weekend... 'nuf said, I'm gonna work my butt off this week...
  • Ilene, I am so helpless with pictures! I'll work on it today.