3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Oct 23- 29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/96475-great-featherweight-one-week-challenge-oct-23-29-a.html)

srmb60 10-23-2006 05:52 AM

The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Oct 23- 29

I'm off to work again this morning. Day Surgery for a change. It should be nice and maybe a short day.
I had a good day yesterday. Crammed full and I collapsed into bed before nine but good. I woke up toooo early, worked, did a few loads of laundry, napped for about 20 minutes, made supper, did weights for legs, walked, knit a few rows ... I think I should be able to do that again.
I've been thinking alot about that thread called something like 'a speedbump weight'. I think I'm there.
I have a horrifying work schedule for the next week and a half. I'm stewing over all the time I won't have for doing things around the house. But I should be able to have more days like yesterday. Maybe I need the structure of work days to kick it up a notch and get past this speed bump.

Ilene 10-23-2006 08:43 AM

I've been on a speed bump for almost a year now :faint: ... lose 2 gain 2, over and over and over again...

Today I work also at 12:30... in a couple of mins I will leave for the gym...

TTFN featherweights :wave:

Su-Bee 10-23-2006 09:31 AM

Well, I am holding at 149.2. . .briefly saw 148.6 this weekend, but I think that was a scale fluke! I overdid it on the cheese, crackers & wine this weekend, but exercised both days.

Got up this morning & went to the gym before work. . .packed all healthy foods for the day. . .and let my husband take the car knowing that I have a meeting over at the University at 1:00, so I'll have to walk there & back whether I'm feeling motivated or not!

alinnell 10-23-2006 11:24 AM

I'm on a speedbump also. Can't seem to get over 139 (well, some days it is 138.5, but no lower). I know it isn't a lot more to lose to make goal, but it is a goal afterall and I want to meet it.
I walked both Saturday and Sunday and ate pretty well all weekend, so I have nothing to point a finger at when I complain that the scale didn't budge. But, on the other hand, it isn't going up, so I shouldn't complain.
Meanwhile, DD is getting serious about a boy.......a little scary for me.

srmb60 10-23-2006 02:08 PM

I did get away early today. I very much enjoyed cataract prep this morning. It seems a bit silly to say that it was nice to look after people who aren't sick for a change.
I'm going to throw in a load of laundry and fiddle in a bit of housework ... then I'm going to have a quick nap before I make our tilapia fillets for supper. It's been slopping wet snow here all day but I can walk in that.
Yup, it's a pretty good day.

Su-Bee 10-23-2006 04:48 PM

I am trying to decide whether going out with the girls or staying at home & doing nothing with my husband would pose the biggest risk to my diet tonight. :)

Jazzbird 10-24-2006 01:13 AM

Well, Su-Bee, I hope you made the right choice. For me, that would be a rock and a hard place.

Susan, are you a nurse?

srmb60 10-24-2006 08:14 AM

Yup, Becky, I'm, a nurse.
How's everyone this morning?

Ilene 10-24-2006 08:30 AM

SuBee -- It's too late now, but I would have gone out with the girls :yes: rather than stay home with hubby, I stay home with DH every friggen night, not that I don't love the man, but it can get a little old... So what did you do??

I am down 2# this morning :dance: .... Not sure how I did that but I'll take it...

I was supposed to work today but the girl called me last night and said she was feeling good and she didn't need me to go in to replace her... So in a few minutes I'm off to the gym for some shoulders and arms, later this afternoon I run with the girls IF it doesn't rain!! I don't midn a drizzle when I'm running but an all out cold rain I don't go out...

srmb60 10-24-2006 08:46 AM

I'm going to try something because I really need to see the scale move.
I've had a couple of good days and my percentages aren't too bad. Mostly thanks to preplanning, precooking and prepackaging. I've walked and lifted. I'm counting on those few days to give me the momentum to carry on for an actual visible loss.
So ... I'm going to really watch my precentages ... up protein, down carbs
as low sodium as I can manage
more water than I normally do (I'm not very good at that)
take my vitamins
increase intensity for cardio

I'm looking for a scale drop and a change in body fat by the weekend.

Anybody with me? We can call it the speedbump plan :)

Ilene 10-24-2006 08:59 AM

Me Me Me :wave: I'll do the speed bump plan :lol: ....

Water, water, water
Cardio
Weights
Clean eating
All of the above for more than 3 days in a row !!!

srmb60 10-24-2006 09:02 AM

Ilene? You can do 3 days in a row??? You're my hero :)

I'm off for fish, protein powder and toilet paper ... we're near a crisis situation here.

Su-Bee 10-24-2006 09:25 AM

I ended up staying home with hubby. . .I wasn't feeling strong enough to do a girl's night out without, um, over-consuming. . .but I let myself use as an excuse the fact that my back is acting up & I just didn't feel like leaving the house (also true - although I do miss my girls!).

AND I was good at home - let him have his pasta dinner while I ate veggie stew - and my weight is UP a half-pound this morning??? What the heck??? Although looking at my diet yesterday, although I don't FEEL bloated, I'm going to call it "bloating from excess fiber" - my fiber grams came in at a whopping 59.25 yesterday!

Jazzbird 10-24-2006 11:32 AM

I'll do the speed bump plan. My resolve's been slipping the last day or so and I need a boost. Low carbs, water, weights, cardio. Work, work, work. Make the weekend weigh-in go the right direction. I've got a few bumps I'd like to lose...
:bike2:

srmb60 10-24-2006 05:08 PM

So how's it goin' goils? the speed bump thing?
I'm good. Lots of fast walking, arms and low fat!
Pop in and let us know.