3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge -- Oct 2-8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/95109-great-featherweight-one-week-challenge-oct-2-8-a.html)

Ilene 10-02-2006 09:05 AM

The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge -- Oct 2-8

I actually lost a whole pound in September :carrot:

On with the day...

Jazzbird 10-02-2006 09:27 AM

Woo hoo Ilene! Onward and downward!

Den@ 10-02-2006 11:04 AM

Congrats to you, Ilene! You're doing a fantastic job!!

I hope to join you this month. Last week I did great all week, and then had a little too much popcorn Sunday nite. I don't get what that was all about. I did stop, however. Big improvement for me. But still feel like I wrecked my perfect week. Weekends are scary for me. My goal this week is to stay in control during the weekend, too. :)

High C 10-02-2006 07:25 PM

My biggest problem is the weekend as well:o However, all going well and October might be all we need to get to our goals and that's only 4 (or 5?)weekends:D Good luck everyone.

SW58.5/CW56.25:carrot:/GW53

High C 10-02-2006 07:29 PM

Whoops. Forgot to add my personal Challenge for this week. Dust off the Callanetics tape and do that at least three times this week. I did it last week and told the kids not to make me laugh for two days afterwards because my stomach muscles were so sore:dizzy:

elizabeth28 10-02-2006 10:27 PM

Shockingly, I had an awesome day today. Fact is, I'm still recovering from last week's indiscretions, yet for the time being, all is swell. Have a great week, everyone!

Today's stats:

-45 min. of cardio
-strength training session
-no junk food

elizabeth

Jazzbird 10-02-2006 10:59 PM

High C - Welcome to Featherweights!

Elizabeth - Congrats on the awesome day and for getting right back into it.

Dena - Weekends scare a lot of us, but you're a trooper.

My day has been all work and no play. I have a test tomorrow and another on Friday. It's just that time of the semester, and I'm really going to be cranking right through the 14th. Then, I'll take a few days off. I'm trying a new food thing on the weekends. I'm giving myself permission to go overboard on Sunday, since I usually do it anyway. Then I do a really strict Monday. We'll see how it works out.

Phish44118 10-03-2006 09:21 AM

Hi ladies!

I’m new. My goals for this week are to eat whole foods 90% of the time and I have a half marathon on Sunday and I would like to beat my time from my last half.

srmb60 10-03-2006 09:35 AM

Ya know what I've been doing? I have been posting in some of the planning threads ... posting goals ... but not method. For instance last week ... how did I think I was going to walk twice a day if I worked six shifts? and had a home that needs renovations???
I'm taking a little more time to think this week through. I know I'm a day late but ... I worked yesterday and it felt kinda like an extension of a nurses weekend, nuthin' but work.
Let me see ... I'm ashamed of all the times I've posted and recommended planning and preparation :)
I have my steelcut oats in the crockpot. Later today I'll dish them out into my half cup containers.
I work 3-11 Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun so I have each morning free to start my day right. I can walk or bike, eat a good breakfast and lunch and have time to pack a good bag for work. I could do some kind of a full body weight workout on Thursday since a shopping trip with a friend has fallen thru.
Yes, that sounds pretty good.

Den@ 10-03-2006 11:41 AM

Well, yesterday went extremely well with my food intake and exercise. October is a better month. I, too, decided I have to plan, until I'm back in steady control. This morning I had a low fat bran muffin, and now I'm off to the gym.

Thanks for the encouragement, Jazzbird.
Welcome, High C and Phish.

Stay strong, everyone. We can do this together.
Dena :)

Ilene 10-03-2006 12:31 PM

:wel3fc: High C and Phish :wave:

Yesterday was a good day all around... Today is heading to be the same...

Breakfast: Protein shake and bran buds and oatmeal with soy milk
No Snack, no time
Lunch: chick peas and tuna... This is a new concoction I saw in an Oxygen mag... can of chick peas, can of tuna, olive oil, salt and lemon pepper :hun: I eat a half cup of this... Oxygen added tomatoes and onions...

High C 10-03-2006 06:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome Ilene, Den@ and Jazzbird.:)

Did the Callanetics yesterday and have sore legs today:p

Ilene, I saw a similar receipe in a Weight Watchers cookbook, except using balsamic vinegar and no oil. I have this for lunch most days YUM:D

SW 58.5/CW56.2:D /GW53

elizabeth28 10-03-2006 10:31 PM

Hello??!!!..... (Welcome, Phish & HighC! :) )

I'll keep my report concise this evening, but don't be surprised if I submit an essay tomorrow.

- 60 minutes of cardio
- stuck to meal plan
- didn't give in to my dark side when it asked for junk food

There.

elizabeth

Ilene 10-03-2006 10:38 PM

This afternoon I made another concoction I saw in a magazine... a cube of tofu and a can of pumpkin was the actual recipe, but since I like to experiment :D and I couldn't find pumpking filling with no sugar, and belive it or not at this time of year, no fresh pumpkin at this particular grocery store, I bought some sweet potatoes. I cooked the potatoes, added the tofu and a package of SF Jello vanilla pudding, I also added pumpkin spice... It's kinda nice, believe it or not :) ... So, anyways I had that as a snack this afternoon... For supper I had leftover tuna and chickpeas... Then I went and gave blood and had 3 oatmeal cookies at the end... I usually never have anything, I reallly wish we could just leave right away after giving :mad:... Then I got home and shared DD popcorn, not a lot but I shouldn't have had it, but all in all my day was pretty good only 1185 calories, way to little cals but I'm not eating anymore...

Jazzbird 10-04-2006 12:26 AM

Ilene, your recipe sounds kind of like what I know as Pumpkin Fluff. You whip up a package of sf ff vanilla pudding and another of butterscotch, a can of pumpkin, 3 cups of skim milk, and pumpkin spices. It's really good and my diabetic mom loves it. I'll have to try it with tofu. I also liked your recipe with the chickpeas and tuna. I think I'll leave the tomatoes and onions in. I might even add some salsa. I think just about everything's better with salsa.