Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

I still feel crappy today but I managed somehow to only eat 1375 calories. I'm not sure how that worked out, but I suppose resisting the brownies still in the house from yesterday's binge had something to do with it! As long as I can keep from eating until bedtime, all is well today.

How did the rest of you do?

Oh, and I am thinking to start weighing myself daily...
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 147.6/145.4/130

Even though my weigh-in on Saturday wasn't good, I manage to only eat 1490 cals yesterday and so far today I am up to 1065cals. It almost feels like I am starving in my new apartment...but that's only because my BF and I refuse to buy junk and our roommate doesn't buy a lot of food either. It's just a little different for me considering at my parent's house there was extra (and unhealthy) food lying around EVERYWHERE.

AmberD and Cyndy- We all can do it--eat healthy, that is. Instead of focusing on food, try painting your nails or something else for yourself..That's what I did yesterday when I was headed down 'Boredom Eating' path..

Tomorrow is my birthday and it is my goal to only splurge with dinner and my birthday cake..although my mind wants different...I want to splurge with breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner...But I am trying to remind myself that that is not going to get me to my goal any quicker and I don't have the money to go spend on food that gives me a 2 minute satisfying feeling.... I'm hoping no one at work brings me anything for my birthday (food-wise)..I hate how that whole thing goes: someone brings you food and then you feel obligated to have some so you don't look rude or anything :P

Hope everyone's Monday is going well...just remember YOU CAN DO IT!
mdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #48  

mdust, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know two other people with birthdays today too

I am back on track with eating now. The only problem is I am behind because I am stuck taking off weight from the weekend. Who knew you could gain 3 lbs and have it stick on like this! ggrrrr....I was down to 138.5 this morning so 2 lbs more before I'm back to where I was. It will truly be a miracle if I lose any significant amount of weight because I've only ever toyed with a few pounds the last few years...down 5, up 5...
Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Happy belated Birthday MDust!!

Cyndy! Every bit of weight is significant! Just keep sticking with it But I completely understand your frustration, my 'official' weigh in on Monday showed *Shock* no weight loss It's been the same for atleast 12 weeks now, maybe longer. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong

I did manage to drag my butt out of bed and go running before work this morning! but now I'm tired!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #50  

Hey Amber, I feel your pain! We just have to stick with it, and tweak things along the way to get the results we want. I truly am determined. I went for a walk this morning and it was getting hot, my legs felt like two bags of sand. I want to take the short way home but my sister pushed me and we went for over an hour! woohoo! But I am only happy about it now that im not in pain anymore haha
Old 06-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

MDust, Happy belated birthday.

AmberD, good for you for "dragging your butt out of bed" to go running. I think I've permanently damaged my ability to wake up early in the morning to work out. I'm even struggling just to try to get to work on time.

Well, as of lunch time today, I am 5 pounds away from my goal-yay! This Saturday is the company picnic, where there will be a pool. I think I'm actually going to muster the courage to wear a bathing suit in front of my coworkers. I had to buy a new top because my boobs were too small for the one I had, but now the new top doesn't match the bottoms as well as I had hoped, so I have a few days to find bottoms that match. I hate that bathing suits are so expensive, especially when I wear them only 3 times a year-oh well.

Well, that's it for now. Take care!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #52  

Goodbye Chubby, your post made me smile I am so happy for you that you are so close to goal. You wear that swim suit and I know you will look damn hot in it! BTW, gorgeous photo.

I did well today and am soooo happy for it! I will end up with about 1350 calories because I am going to have one beer tonight with a friend and we're gonna watch Canada's Next Top Model hehehehe.

Hope you're all doing well eating-wise and otherwise.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Happy belated birthday Mdust, hope it was good fun!

Okay...I am going stir crazy and feeling so abysmally lazy due to this bloody knee of mine. I have been really really good and not stressed it for a couple of weeks. I am buying new running shoes as well so my arches will have better support on top of better cushioning.

I keep having to squash the panic attacks of everything piling back on just because I am not running. It's completely irrational to think it will and I know I haven't gained weight. The scales and clothes both say so. But argh...it still feels like it! I hate this thought pattern...it leads to dark places.

I have been good though, at lunch I have been wandering around town walking for 40 minutes and taking the whole 8 floors worth of stairs to my office every day 2 -3 times a day (I guess my backside will like that) and my eating has been good. The highest day has been 1650 and most have been 1400. My maintainence level is conservatively estimated at 1800 calories so WHY am I feeling so...bad??

Blargh!

Anyway...sorry to rant on like that but I needed to get that out. I am going home to the coast for the long weekend and that will make it three weeks of being good to my knee. I think thats long enough. I am going to have to start slow but anything is better than nothing.

Best get back to work

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #54  

Hey Livi,

Don't apologize at all for 'ranting' - it's what we are here for! I can completely imagine your angst and desire to get back to "hardcore" working out, especially when you're used to it. You are obviously still exercising but in your mind you know the very hard work it took your body to the shape it is now and you're probably feeling you'll start to lose it if you don't continue exactly the same way you have been. Give your knee a rest, as you have. I am guessing you busted it through running? Perhaps lighten up on the running and just walk but longer...or maybe an exercise easier on the joints like swimming? I guess I'm trying to say vary up your routine to put less pressure on your knees, etc. Just a thought! I know it's easier said than done, especially if you love running. Just take it easy and build up slowly, watching for signs of distress to your knee again.

I am doing good this week! woo! I am down this morning to 137.5 so its slowly going back down. Boy did I learn my lesson from sunday's binge...the weight DOES NOT come off easily at all!!! It takes days to undo one day's damage and was not worth it in the least. I am going to be far more careful from here on out...what a waste of hard work to be wiped away by excess crappy food. It hurts to think about!

Well, here's to another good day
Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Well, it looks like everyone's been doing fairly well. Yesterday, I kept everything under 1,500 calories (including wine), but I ended up eating really late at night-something I've been trying not to do. Oh well, it could be worse.

Cyndy, I'm glad you've got your weight back down. I totally understand how frustrating it is to undo all your hard work. For the longest time, I was stuck in a cycle of losing weight Mon-Fri, and then gaining it back during the weekend, and then frantically trying to get it back off the following Mon-Fri...it was a horrid way of living. I'll still gain on some weekends, but at least not as frequently as I used to. Oh, and thanks for the compliment; I finally got a picture of myself that I actually like. It was from a fabulous wedding I went to last Sunday. I inadvertently matched the wedding colors, which ended up being kind of funny.

Lyria, I wish you luck in having to deal with not being able to work out like you used to. When circumstances keep me from going to the gym for even one day, I have that fear that I will start to gain everything back, so I can only imagine what it must feel like for you. It sounds like you're doing really well in spite of this bump in the road, so good for you!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #56  

oy. this week has been BUSY! My birthday was good, thanks for all the b-day wishes! But I was only able to exercise Sun, Mon and Thurs this week, which kinda sucks. So I am going to have to get the ball rolling again on Sunday since today I work and then have dancing lessons with the BF and then tomorrow I work and then go to dinner to the Melting Pot with my BF and his parents for our birthdays (BF's bday is on Sunday). So this week has been wrecking havoc on my diet...birthdays are good and bad it seems.

Anyways, hope everyone has a good weekend if I don't get a chance to write again
Old 06-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #57  

Hey everyone!

Well, I have been doing very well, I'm proud to report and fixed all of last weekend's damages. Can you believe it took 5 days to lose that weight? I certainly won't be doing that again this weekend, or any other weekend again. It's okay to have treats and whatnot, going over your calorie limit a little here or there, but never completely give in and say I'll fix it later -- it takes way longer than you think!
I'm happy to report I'm down to 136lbs That makes me so happy and so motivated to keep doing this. I can't wait, seriously can't wait, just to see 130 lbs, even though there is still a looong way to go from there (my ulimate goal weight is 110-115).

mdust, you sound very busy but you're so lucky that you are! I'm not and I have to be creative in keeping myself entertained or I will eat. I think that's my biggest problem when I have nothing pressing to do for a few moments I start to imagine that I'm hungry..

It sounds like everyone is doing well, and let's make this weekend great and binge-free lol (maybe I just need to say that to myself, you gals seem to be OK in that department)
Old 06-12-2006, 04:25 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the support Cyndy and GC - it was much appreciated! And congrats on getting to 136 Cyndy!

My weekend was really nice - We had a long weekend here and I went home for it, back to the parents place on the coast. The weather wasnt great in fact it rained and was overcast and we had a blackout - not to mentioned it was freezing! But I was with my family and that always more than makes up for anything like that. Besides...being miserable outside meant we all spent time indoors with each other!

Oh! And guess what? I ran again! The first time since I busted my knee. I was so proud of myself. I haven't lost as much condition as I feared and its made me feel so much better. I even managed a personal goal. I beat the hill!

There is this hill at home on my old walking track that is seriously steep. I mean SERIOUSLY steep. It's the kind of hill that makes you think your lungs are being ripped up through your throat while you're legs are being slowly melted in a lava pit - It's a beast. I have always used it as a measure of how fit I am and at my previous peak could make it about a third of the way up at a jog.

I ran the whole hill. I still can't believe it! And my knee didn't twinge so much as once. I only went for 30 mins though...no point over doing it and UNdoing all the rest benefit.

Food was...well...it was okay. I over ate a bit, but nothing out of the box calorie-range wise. If anything it was probably the high end of my maintainence range so thats alright. It was nice to have my parents food after all and its always healthy (just lots of it :P) My coming home is apparently occassion enough for them to put on more of a feast than normal.

Anyway...back in Canberra now and I have just been for a run/walk (again...no twinging knee *fingers crossed) and its probably about time I thought about dinner. Probably soup and toast as its freezing and thats always the best warmer!

Hope you're all well,

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:59 AM   #59  

Livi, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! How nice to spend some time with your family and so happy you were able to run again with no pain Now that's an achievement (I certainly couldn't do that hill!!!).

My weekend was great in the sense I didn't overeat or binge at all. I realized that last night and said to myself "I think I really can do this." The only shocker and letdown was *gaining* a pound overnight - what??? Back up to 137 lbs for no apparent reason. THIS is what makes me think its impossible. My only possible reasoning for it is I start my period later this week (I know because I'm on the pill) but I've never noticed gaining weight because of it before, mind you I never paid such close attention, and I don't want to start making it an excuse now.

Anyways, everyone else let us know how your weekend was!
Have a great Monday
Old 06-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #60  

Congrats Livi that you knee isn't bothering you. I think I might try to get back into the running theme, but instead of every day (like I did in the past) I am going to do maybe once or twice a week. I read in Runners mag yesterday that people who don't overdo it in the first 6 months usually end up running the rest of their life...

The birthday week last week (mine last tuesday, my BF's m om on Friday and my BF's yesterday) was horrible. But I think I finally comfortable with small losses. My mentality with losing weight is so weird. If my routine doesn't go according to plan, I end up ruining it all (i.e.: last week)...I can't start the routine over again until Sunday's (I can never do that "start now" thing that is stated in magazines) and I haven't been congratulating myself with those small losses like I am only capable of doing something if I lose 10 lbs at a time :/

So I am back on track since yesterday and luckily this week won't be too hectic so my routine should go well. One good thing that came out of last week was I actually miss the gym so now I want to go work out (a thought that had become faint in the past 3 weeks)... By the end of this week I am going to reward myself with a manicure so that gives me extra incentive to keep my determination.

Hope everyone's Monday's are going well