3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Losin' feathers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/85468-losin-feathers.html)

valerie1027 06-01-2006 06:01 PM

I was totally MIA yesterday...busy day at work, Cubs game at night. Considering I went to a baseball game and had a hot dog, beer, & peanuts, I managed to keep the calories for the day to about 1700. Not terrible! I've also been good w/exercise...Ran 3 miles Tuesday, 2.75 yesterday, and 2 today (keep having less and less time to work out during lunch this week!).

Mdust...you must live with MY family...everything revolves around FOOD! Whenever I go visit them (I live in IL, they're in TX) all we do is go out to eat, snack, have dessert, run and get ice cream, etc etc...it's sick! Then again, my mom used to let me & my sis have Pop-Tarts for dinner any time we didn't like what she made. So I know where my bad eating habits came from...

AmberD...Have you considered how your clothes are fitting vs. what the scale says? Although it may appear that you haven't lost weight, if you are exercising that heavily, you may have put on muscle which would make you leaner/more toned but wouldn't necessarily affect the # on the scale (muscle weighs more than fat anyway).

Cyndy...I try not to keep any "binge trigger" foods in my pantry (cereal, nuts, ice cream, crackers) because if I'm home and bored....down the hatch it all goes! I can eat an entire box of crackers or bag of chips in a day or two. I just don't buy those items anymore...have had too many unfortunate experiences! :)

Okay, it's almost time to leave work. Yay!

tresor 06-02-2006 09:53 AM

Hi Ladies - I'm joining in with you all as we seem to be at the same weight, height, and pounds to lose. I'm 5'4" and weigh 137 and I want to be at 124 by 9-16-06 which is my wedding day! I'm counting calories and trying to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise per day. I'm using FitDay and have my lifestyle set at seated work and I've determined that I can have 1500 cal per day and I need to burn 300 thru exercise to lose 1 pound per week to meet my goal. I'm also 47 which means its harder to lose those pounds. I weighed in at 122 6 years ago and then went thru divorce and all the related stress and anguish. Over the 6 years, 15 pounds took up residence and now they are going to be evicted. I look forward to chatting and checking in with you as we work towards our goals.

AmberD 06-02-2006 09:57 AM

Hello!!

I'm at work right now and they actually have me doing stuff, so this will be a bit quick!

I got on the scale this morning and I was down five pounds! :carrot: My 'official' weigh in day isn't till Monday, but this is the first time in MONTHS the scale has shown any difference at all so I'm incredibly excited :D

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

:nono: I'll just have to be very good this weekend, so I can log this weight loss as official :)!

Have a great day everyone!!! I'll check in on everyone later!

AmberD 06-02-2006 10:05 AM

how rude of me!!!

Hi Tressor!

In my excitement I over looked your post!!! sorry:p Welcome and congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Your goal seems totally reasonable and I we're all here to help you and keep you on track! :hug:

k. back to work for me!

cyndy 06-02-2006 10:40 AM

WOW...we got some congratulations in order here!!! :D Tresor, you will be one beautiful bride and I'm sure you will meet your goal - your expectations sound reasonable and with the support of this group you will do just fine.

Amber, now that's one heck of a weigh in! Good for you! I am so happy that you are finally seeing some movement. In fact, I took a sneak peak on the scale this morning (weigh in is on Sundays) and I am down 0.5 lb despite having a few bad days. Over the past five days I've averaged out just under 1800 calories so it's amazing to me that I'm losing anything! I haven't seen 136.5 in awhile.

Hope everyone's Friday is great as well.

Beachbound 06-02-2006 01:55 PM

Can I play?

I weighed in at 132 this morning, which means I haven't lost anything since last Friday. **sadness**

I know what the culprit is, though. The WEEKEND!! I don't drink enough water, I'm not as diligent about eating the right foods, yada, yada... Also, I tend not to eat during the day and make up for it when we go out to dinner that night because I'm starving by then. As a result, I keep having to start over on Monday and lose the same darn pound all over again!!

So, my goal this weekend is to drink plenty of water, eat breakfast and lunch and not go crazy at whatever restaurant we visit.

Sound good?

mdust 06-02-2006 04:43 PM

*PHEW*! My BF and I are moved in! Surprisingly, it didn't take that long and I got in pretty good exercise (at least moving my stuff into my car and my dad's truck). Then all of the sudden my brother-in-law came over to help transport my stuff and when we reached the apartment complex, my BF, roomate and his GF were there. So we had like 6 people bringing in my stuff and we had it all unpacked within 20 minutes. Which was awesome because it gave me and BF to organize everything and put everything in it's place. Now all we have left to do is buy a matress, transport the computer and the rest of my little things. So I should be all settle in (materialisticly) by tomorrow night.

I'm excited about the hike tomorrow. What's nice about it is that the food provided is actually HEALTHY (!). It just strikes me as weird because at my school of "free food" days, its always doughnuts and other crap food, and any food that people bring to work is junkfood too. So I'm just all gitty about the frush fruit (with no sugary sauce on it!!) and healthy carbs. But anyways, tomorrow is my weigh-in, so I guess I will see where my "starting point" is considering I haven't weighed myself in about 2-3 weeks. It actually has been a nice vacation from the scale, I definitely recommend it! Although, I wouldn't say it should be a permanent fix. Tonight, my BF and I are taking our first swing dance lessons. He has no rhythm, and I am afraid (lol).

I must say CONGRATULATIONS to AmberD!! That was an awesome weigh-in, I am very envious!

Welcome Tressor! I know what you mean by setting your wedding as your goal..My sister is getting married July 1st and I have to make sure I can still fit into my bridesmaid dress without suffocating (so I definitely need to keep a close eye on how much I eat each day)

Have a great weekend everyone just in case I don't have a chance to post tomorrow (or Sunday :/) !!

mdust 06-02-2006 04:46 PM

Oops! Totally sorry, Beachbound! Welcome! I totally know what you mean by not eating very well on the weekend...I guess it's just the stigma of the whole "let loose" weekend state of mind. Anyways, even though your weight might not have changed, you have come VERY far from where you were! You should be proud of that!! :D

tresor 06-03-2006 10:58 AM

Everyone - thanks for the warm welcome to your group.

Beachbound - I'm right there with you about weekends - lose a pound during the week, find it on the weekend. My goal for this weekend is that "I'm not playing hide 'n seek with that pound!" I'm going to be very diligent with calorie counting and journaling as its the only thing that works for me. I've got a schedule for losing these pesky 13 pounds and I don't have a lot of "fluff" time built in. A pound per week is not unreasonabe but I will have to be serious to make it work. I keep reminding myself about wedding pictures..................

Mdust - I hate moving - I can never find anything. The hike sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Amber - great news about the 5 pounds. That's good for motivation and to keep plugging along.

I've got a pretty intense workout ahead of me so I need to get moving and get it done before something else comes along and gets in the way. Everyone - have a great weekend.

greenrunner123 06-03-2006 11:15 AM

Hello there! I am going to jump in, too... it sounds like there is a lot of "wedding" conversations going on and my brother's wedding is June 24 at the Jersey shore so needless to say I'm trying to be on my best behavior - eat right and exercise every day! I'm about 5'4" and about 130lbs (?? not sure, don't really weigh myself, use my clothes to determine my "weight"). I'm pretty muscular (I lift regularly - I love it!!) but have a horrible tendency to slip off the bandwagon with food so some extra support would be great, particularly this time of year!

I am also suffering from pretty nasty shin splints so my regular running routine is put on hold for now :-(. I have started pilates which I actually enjoy!

Have a great weekend everyone, looking forward to the support system here!

cyndy 06-04-2006 10:24 AM

Hey guys,

Well today's weigh-in was depressing. I debated not doing it because I ate badly yesterday but I also don't want to be in denial about it. I am up to 138lbs. Try, try again...

Hope all of you did better this week!

mdust 06-04-2006 05:02 PM

oh well

well, yesterday I weighed in before going to the hike. 147.6lb Oy.I wish I could just snap my fingers and it all be gone. I hate how I don't fit in any of my clothes anymore except my gym clothes, and with moving, I don't really have the $$ to spend for bigger clothes (plus the fact that I don't want to). But I am still trying to be determined to get to 130. There's no sense for me to stay this way since it makes me depressed.

Hope everyone's weekends are going well

cyndy 06-04-2006 06:56 PM

mdust, I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your weigh-in. Join the club...Don't worry, though, we will do it. We both are determined and with enough effort it has to happen. Unfortunately, I was upset all morning after seeing I had gained weight and had NO energy for working out. Plus, I was so bored at home. I went out for a bit and then me and my sis made a bbq for dinner. It was great fun but I overate so much...I think we are just going to rent a movie to finish off this Sunday evening.

This week has to be much better. I feel like taking this losing weight process super slow is no more helpful then if I just cut back to 1200-1500 calories and be done with it faster. I HATE how I keep losing a few pounds and then putting it back on in a day or two. I never make an substantial progress. grrr.

I am feeling so discouraged today :(

Lyria 06-04-2006 08:55 PM

Good morning ladies,

Looks like I have missed a bit in the few days I've been away!

Welcome Tresor & Beachbound :)

Hey greenrunner! Yeah...I buggered my knee up running on concrete with bad shoes...I am now suffering the consequences and will have to build my fitness up all over again -sigh- But I shall!

Mdust - I did that with clothes...absolutely refused to buy a new wardrobe until I'd got to my goal. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on which way you look at it) my boyfriend at the time got fed up with me looking like a bag lady in clothes that hung off me (once I actually DID start losing) that he bought me one himself :P

Cyndy - I know that feeling. Having reached a weight I could be comfortable with sometimes finding the motivation to lose that last dratted kilo can be really hard. Especially when I eat clean, exercise well and then actually GAIN a pound. >.<

My weekend was quite good...food and exercise wise. Actually...Friday night was NOT good for drinking, but I didn't go in for the "grog bog" ritual or the "chicken gourmet" ritual so thats one very big plus! A grog bog for those wondering is a hotdog roll with hotdog, topped with hot chips, bacon, cheese, tomato sauce and smothered in gravy. Mmmm...typical drunk food :P Chicken gourmet consists of hot chips literally drowning and super mushy in chicken gravy (generally generously salted to boot). Very proud for steering clear of such temptation lol.

The worst part is that saturday mornings are typically my weigh-in day...so you can imagine it was with much trepidation that I bared all for scale judgement. To my surprise I'd actually LOST weight...down to 58.5 *does happy dance* This morning however it was back to 59 but i know I have started the dreaded PMS retention period...meh.

Anyway...I finally said yes to a guy whose been asking me out for drinks...so we will see how that goes. Having just broken up with the last one I am not really in any mood to be starting something new. But I figure there is nothing wrong with making new friends... ;)

Hope you're all having a great day!

Livi

AmberD 06-05-2006 11:05 AM

Hello greenrunner and beachbound!!!

Lyria, I don't know how I feel about the 'grog bog,' it's sounds like it would be either really gross, or unbelievabley good! either way, it's sounds terrible for you! congrats on steering clear :D

There are brownies and cookies in the kitchen and I want one so bad I can hardly stand it...