Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #496  
Lola

S/C/G: 145/123/110

Height: 5"4

Hi! Trying to lose the last 10 pesky pounds and get some body sculpting done by strength training. Looking for a good weights program.... It's really hard when you tell people your goal weight and they scrutinize you like you're anorexic, whereas I know that I would still be in the healthy bmi range, just fitter! Looking for lots of support and motivation <3
JellyBeanmarshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #497  
can't cook.

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'11"

I don't know if I qualify for featherweight, but if so here I am.
battybettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #498  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by battybettie View Post
I don't know if I qualify for featherweight, but if so here I am.
Sounds like you do, you'll be a great addition to the crew~
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #499  
banned

Height: 5'3

Hello!

I need to lose 29 lbs. Many years ago, I weighed 230 lbs, lost down to 120, then gained back 20 over the last couple of years. So, I'm here to get my butt back on the wagon. I've been having difficulty with binge eating, so this will certainly be a challenge. The weather is getting warmer, though (thank goodness!) and that will make everything much easier. It seems that I always screw up during the winter months. The cold temperatures have a very bad effect on me. I always start losing control in October of every year.

Last edited by Silver Sky; 03-11-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 140/130/120

Hey everyone. Trying to lose those last 10 pounds too! I introduced myself in the main forum too.

In short, I struggle with binge eating, self image, and just dealing with my emotions. I think a lifestyle change is in order, and I'm getting there. Baby steps style.

Looking forward to reading everyone's inspiring stories and healthy tips !
Nekojita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 148.5 / 135/125

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi My name is Marla, I am from Northern Iowa, I just started the Ideal Protein diet and could use some support from people that only have a bit of weight to loose. I am new here and still trying to learn how to get around this website. Would love to hear back from anyone. Thanks.
marslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 195/189/150

Height: 5'8"

I am a 27 year old mother of two and wife of one...haha. My daughter is 4 and my son is 10 months. I put on WAY TOO much weight with my daughter, and I am still claiming its the baby weight My highest was 240 (while pregnant). I have been hovering around 195, but I am at 189 right now. I am using MyFitnessPal and trying to walk/hike with the kids when its nice. I would really like to fit into my clothes for the time being (maybe -10lbs) but my long term goal is to stay under 150.
Busy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #503  

S/C/G: hw157/sw145/145/120

Height: 4'11

Hey everyone! I'm new. I"ve been trying to lose weight for awhile. I started off at 156 last year and slowly meandered down to the low 140s. Now I'm ready to get serious! I'm really short, so my bmi is kinda high and I'd like to be in a healthy range and get down into the 120s!
SugarDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #504  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi, i'm a returning customer after a couple of years break. Have put on about 20lb over the last year and i want them off again. Can't fit in to 90% of my clothes and don't want to buy any bigger ones, so there's only one solution!

I gained gradually for a while, ironically when we got a dog, and i stopped going to they gym every night and took the dog out walking instead (she was still growing so i didn't want to over-run her either). Then i got more lazy and started eating more sweet/fats. Then i bust my shoulder in January and in March had a rotator cuff operation and my arm in a sling for 6 weeks.

But last week the sling came off, and although i still can't do much exercise-wise, i can get to the shops and buy healthy stuff again, and control what i eat which is the biggest factor.

Hope i stay motivated! And this place is the best place to be for that.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #505  

S/C/G: 125/120/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi I'm new just joined today because I am starting South Beach (Gluten Solution) right after doing a Master Cleanse. And Phase 1 just down 7 days, is much harder than Master Cleanse for me, because I LOVE the lemon juice & maple syrup, and now I'm stuffing myself crazy at night "binging" with allowed foods like veggies and veggie soup, cans of beans, sardines, egg, low-fat yogurt ... missing the sweets! Is this, like, gonna pass? It does not feel like sugary starchy binging but it's definitely pushing my cravings edges. Comments? Anyone else felt this and overcame it?
SweetToothSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #506  

S/C/G: 125/120/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBeanmarshmellow View Post
Hi! Trying to lose the last 10 pesky pounds and get some body sculpting done by strength training. Looking for a good weights program.... It's really hard when you tell people your goal weight and they scrutinize you like you're anorexic, whereas I know that I would still be in the healthy bmi range, just fitter! Looking for lots of support and motivation <3
Jellybean... I hear ya. I look at my numbers onscreen & I think "she wants to be too skinny" but not so, I'm a professional movement teacher & performer that is moving into middle age and those 10 lb spell my being on game for my family's bread & butter and being strong long-term for them, for my students, and for my self-esteem and career. So I'm hoping dearly that South Beach will bust my self-sabotaging cravings and give me a healthful ongoing way of eating for life! At 110-125, those 15 lb equal 15-20% body weight; that's significant!
SweetToothSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #507  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Hi there, looks like I actually fit in here as a Featherweight? Whoa, that's pretty amazing. I started this journey just over a year ago and using SB, some calorie counting and practicing intuitive eating (do those even combine?!) have been really effective!

I don't really know where this'll end, just figured I'd keep eating and moving like I've been and see where my body settles out, but I'm very happy to be at a normal BMI anyway. My main concern right now is maintaining focus on my health to prevent regain; I think that connecting with a support group is essential in keeping that going, so here I am!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #508  

S/C/G: 137/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! My name is Frances and I'm finally getting the courage to join an online weight-loss community, and this place seems perfect!

Quick profile: Currently 5'4" and 137lbs. Last November, I was ~117lbs BUT I reached that weight via unhealthy means (no exercise/low intake). A range of family issues resulted me dealing with them the only way I knew how - EATING. Now I realise that food isn't the answer, and if I carry on this way, I'll gain weight and unhappiness. I'm looking to get around ~117lbs again but this time I want to do things the healthy way. I now have a gym membership and wish to maintain a moderate intake.

Hope to get to know you all better

- Frances
francesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #509  

S/C/G: 139/126/110

Height: 5'3

Hi everybody! I joined this site years ago but didn't really post. I think Featherweights is right for me because really I only have a few 'vanity pounds' to lose, to feel my best. I fear I would be judged for that on other forums. This looks like a fantastic online community and I hope I will be welcome here
sleepyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #510  
Megan Leigh

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm new to the whole forum thing altogether, so I may not even be doing it right lol. I am just gaining weight as I grow older. I used to have a VERY high metabolism and could eat whatever I wanted without having to exercise AND never weighed more than 125. I just recently quit smoking after ten years of the nasty habit and have packed on fifteen pounds just in the past 10 weeks. Just trying to get ideas of how to lose some weight.
Meganator is offline   Reply With Quote