Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #421  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

one month and you've lost over 27 pounds?! can i say wow?!!! that is very inspiring!
tubbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbaki View Post
one month and you've lost over 27 pounds?! can i say wow?!!! that is very inspiring!
OMG! No. I don't think anyone could lose 27 lb. in one month... Well, maybe some huge football player.!

No, I lost 8. I think that's the best I could do @ 5' 3" and starting at 155 Lb. The tracker says: 170, because that is the highest I've been.

Luckilly, I have worked to stay under 160 lb for a long, long time. That's why I am "Jojotheyoyo"... Its that last 10 to 20 pounds that I keep losing over and over again.

I am new (just this month), so I may have set my numbers up wrong. I don't want to mislead anyone. Anyway, good news! I'm at 147!!! Yay!

Thanks for reading about me. I wish you good luck!!!
jojotheyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #423  

haha=) that's what i was thinking after i posted the msg. i was thinking is that even humanly possible to lose 27 pounds in one month?
wow 8 in a month is still incredible!!

TWO pounds away from you're goal!! Almost there!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #424  

Default 27 pounds

Quote:
haha=) that's what i was thinking after i posted the msg. i was thinking is that even humanly possible to lose 27 pounds in one month?
wow 8 in a month is still incredible!!

TWO pounds away from you're goal!! Almost there!
Actually, I didn't even lose 27 pounds when I had a baby. I had to giggle at your note. I would have been thinking exactly the same thing had I seen that note under the tracker.

Anyway, here I am... pecking away at the pounds... like a chicken. If I am lucky, I can lose a pound or 2 a week. And with exercise, I am putting on muscle at the same time; so I have to make allowance for that.

Just keep hanging in there. I am cheering for you.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #425  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotheyoyo View Post
Actually, I didn't even lose 27 pounds when I had a baby. I had to giggle at your note. I would have been thinking exactly the same thing had I seen that note under the tracker.

Anyway, here I am... pecking away at the pounds... like a chicken. If I am lucky, I can lose a pound or 2 a week. And with exercise, I am putting on muscle at the same time; so I have to make allowance for that.

Just keep hanging in there. I am cheering for you.

My goal is also to lose two pounds per week also
and im also pecking away at the pounds, but tonight i was pecking away at WAY TOO MANY pistachios and this super yummy wildroots trail mix which probably eliminated my workout from today sigh*

let's hope this doesn't happen to me again. I need to learn that I'm allowed to have many things, but in moderation.
tks for the support! so by the end of this week will you have reached your goal weight?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #426  

One could hope to lose 2 lb. in one week; however, experience tells me not to break out the champagne yet.

Tonight, there was a big family pizza party with wine and cheese to start. I was very, very careful, but who knows what tomorrow and the scale will bring. This is real life... ya just gotta live it.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #427  

Ok, confession time: (This is how deep my guilt goes.) I got up this AM, in a hurry and "forgot to weigh." Something going on with the subconscious, I think. Anyway, now I've eaten breakfast and had a cup of coffee and a large glass of water. There is no way I'm going to weigh.

Honestly, I didn't dive into the pizza last night. I ate 1 piece of veggie pizza and moved on to salad. However, I think I had 2 1/2 glasses of wine. I was having a pretty good time.

OK, I'm running into the bedroom right now. Might as well own up...OMG! I am at 148! Hey, breakfast could weigh that much. Or, guilt weights one pound. Hmmmmmmm. Not so bad.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #428  

Quote:
Ok, confession time: (This is how deep my guilt goes.) I got up this AM, in a hurry and "forgot to weigh." Something going on with the subconscious, I think. Anyway, now I've eaten breakfast and had a cup of coffee and a large glass of water. There is no way I'm going to weigh.

Honestly, I didn't dive into the pizza last night. I ate 1 piece of veggie pizza and moved on to salad. However, I think I had 2 1/2 glasses of wine. I was having a pretty good time.

OK, I'm running into the bedroom right now. Might as well own up...OMG! I am at 148! Hey, breakfast could weigh that much. Or, guilt weights one pound. Hmmmmmmm. Not so bad.
I just came back from the gym not too long ago... even though i didn't go for long. I weighed myself before i went to the gym as well as after. to my disliking, i was heavier than before i went
I completely lost track of my calorie intake yesterday, couldn't stop myself!!! not gonna let that happen again!!

It's a warning sign from the guilt so don't stress it since you were watching what you were eating last night
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #429  

Wink

Quote:
I just came back from the gym not too long ago... even though i didn't go for long. I weighed myself before i went to the gym as well as after. to my disliking, i was heavier than before i went
I completely lost track of my calorie intake yesterday, couldn't stop myself!!! not gonna let that happen again!!

It's a warning sign from the guilt so don't stress it since you were watching what you were eating last night
If you are tempted to weigh several times a day, try this experiment: weight in the AM, when you first get up; then weigh when you think of it during the day and again at bedtime. I did this and got heavier and heavier as the day went on. Scary. Not good for your head.

I can make it with 1 weight per day. Otherwise, what am I supposed to think?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #430  

Default Oh, No!!!

Quote:
If you are tempted to weigh several times a day, try this experiment: weight in the AM, when you first get up; then weigh when you think of it during the day and again at bedtime. I did this and got heavier and heavier as the day went on. Scary. Not good for your head.

I can make it with 1 weight per day. Otherwise, what am I supposed to think?
Listen closely...that is the sound of me stamping my little feet. 1 piece of pizza 2 days ago and now... up another pound to 149!

I would say I can't figure it out, but I think I know where the pound is hiding and why. Pulled muscles from gardening. Pulled muscles hold water for their protection. Lets hope, if I just don't panic, I will be restored to 147 lb. or less.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #431  

Quote:
Listen closely...that is the sound of me stamping my little feet. 1 piece of pizza 2 days ago and now... up another pound to 149!

I would say I can't figure it out, but I think I know where the pound is hiding and why. Pulled muscles from gardening. Pulled muscles hold water for their protection. Lets hope, if I just don't panic, I will be restored to 147 lb. or less.
yah i think weighing myself constantly is not good for me. haha
tonight i went overboard with my eating habits again. argh!! this is so frustrating. must have self control!!

let's hope this will last me throughout my weight loss

hope your pulled muscle heals asap!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #432  

Sprinkle some of that "will power dust" on me! It's bad enought to be in pain, add no weight loss on top and it's kind of a downer. But nothing will get me off the diet. I gave up sad-eating a long time ago. Thanks TUBBaki
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #433  

Ugh... still stuck at 149. Go away stuckness!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #434  

hmm...
have you been watching what you eat and getting your exercise in?

the scale freaks me out sometimes. last night i let myself have a cheat day which consisted of sushi, butter chicken & naan, too many chocolate covered disgestive cookies, and the list goes on. afterwards i felt SOOOOOOOO guilty. ive actually lost a few pounds but when i stepped on the scale, i found myself being even heavier than the beginning of this week. NEVER AGAINNNN!!!

so going to hit the gym hard today. my diet is taking a toll on me! gRRR!

come on, you get get those stubborn two pounds off!

sprinkle sprinkle*
Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #435  

We will do this! It was a very "foodie" weekend...at other people's houses eating whatever was served. Great meals, but I'm home now and scared of the scale.

Looks like we are both experiencing similar feelings. We can do this! Like they used to say at Weight Watchers: "Just start again."